Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 12:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/254/160 Female 70
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default I gave in to my TOM cravings

HI everyone,
I had a very weak moment last night. It is growing closer to the TOM and my will power was not what it has been in the past...I ate a handful of Girl Scout cookies (thin mints). I did however get right back into LC today...should I worry? I have been eating really well up until this point and going to the gym 4-6 times a week.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 12:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266.5/209/199 Female 5' 7"
BF:50%/40%/30%
Progress: 85%

Don't feel bad, I am fighting the same battle right now but I know I would not be able to limit my cheat to one time. The important thing is you are back to lcing now. I think one of the biggest problems with cheating is that is causes cravings and guilt, both of which can lead to more and more cheating. A few thin mints probably won't set you back much, if at all and the exercise will help. Way to go for getting back on the wagon right away and good luck w/the rest of TOM!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-11-04, 12:34

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default aktins induction recipe for you to try!

hey guys....try this ATKINS INDUCTION recipe for chocolate-mint mousse...only 3.5g per serving of carbs (much better for you than cookies!!!)
1 tablespoon instant coffee
3 tablespoons chocolate extract
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 cups heavy cream
3 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons granular sugar substitute
1/2 cup raspberries, for garnish (optional)
mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)

1. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee in chocolate, vanilla and peppermint extracts and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream, sugar substitute and cocoa powder with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Add extract mixture and continue beating until stiff peaks form, about 2 more minutes (be careful not to over-beat). Chill 30 minutes before serving, and garnish with raspberries and mint sprigs (optional).