Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 15:02

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 154/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: -7%

Citruskiss - your posts are a real puzzle, mate you are only a 150 lbs and you are 5'6, this makes you within the normal weight range, I don't understand why you have so little confidence, I am sure with your height/weight you should have no problem with buying very very stylish clothes.
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 15:32

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 214/185/114 Female 5 feet
BF:53/48/20
Progress: 29%

Sandy, you've made a good point.

And, SARA... you're BEAUTIFUL on TOP of all that!

Sherry
  #138   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 15:32

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

This is a very interesting thread. I am very very much an apple. I have very very big bosoms, a very small back (30) and a very large cup size. My weight is mainly centered on my chest followed by my stomach and then my face. I have a small bottom half; always have to wear at least one size smaller on the bottom half.

I usually wear black v neck or dark brown v necks with funky skirts and nice jeans and shoes. I always wear coordinating jewelry. Finding dresses is impossible for me so I've given up on that one. I wear bright colours on my bottom half and the darker ones on the top. Any other clothing you would recommend that I buy or steer clear of?
  #139   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 15:43

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 154/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: -7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryJ
Sandy, you've made a good point.

And, SARA... you're BEAUTIFUL on TOP of all that!

Sherry

Oh just looked at the photos, yes you really do look great, now I want you to go into the best shop at your nearest shopping mall walk like a diva, and ask the shopping assistant to bring you their most goooooregeous designs, try them all, and you'll see....

btw: please post some photos when you decide to get something
  #140   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 15:47
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyDown
Citruskiss - your posts are a real puzzle, mate you are only a 150 lbs and you are 5'6, this makes you within the normal weight range, I don't understand why you have so little confidence, I am sure with your height/weight you should have no problem with buying very very stylish clothes.

Thank you

I think that I skipped a step in there somewhere, and my weight loss has *not* been linear at all. This has taken me more than two years, and I stalled out (or rather, chose to maintain) for a good long while there. Then in the last few months, I quit dairy (realized I'm intolerant), lost a bunch...then went on a trip and went off plan - came home up six pounds...then again, dropped 12 pounds in little over a week. I was at the same size there for the longest time...the 14-16 at Lane Bryant, or the 'x' or sometimes even a 1X.

Last time I went shopping at Lane Bryant - the stuff was too big. And I found myself wandering around the mall, not sure about going into other stores...I was excited, but nervous too - like maybe things weren't going to fit me.

I'm only just now venturing into the other stores, and trying to figure out what will work for me. There is next to nothing in my closet that fits. I bought a few cheap t-shirt type tops about three weeks ago, and that's it.

So I really am looking forward to going through the stores this fall and re-discovering my style (whatever that may be..lol!).

Sara
  #141   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 15:53
I've decided

I started this thing in January of 2005. Then I moved to the US in spring of 2005 - and from there, all the weight loss just stopped. Lotsa stress (new stepfamily, new home, new everything)...

In this picture - you'll see where I was - a size 14W coat that I was all excited about (black of course!)..

And I stayed there from April of '05 all the way till spring of '07. There were a few little ups and downs...but I was *stuck* right here (the second coat picture):

You see that second jacket? The one I was thrilled to fit into? It's way too big on me now. But, that said - I wore it last fall, and although it was a little loose, it still worked. Not anymore. I look ridiculous in it.

Fast forward to spring - and hey..I don't need a jacket anyway. The new winter coat my husband bought me last January is too big. My old lightweight black jacket (seen in second set of photos) is too big.

So now, I have nothing...

Last edited by Citruskiss : Thu, Aug-23-07 at 16:00.
  #142   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 17:16

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

Do you have any consigment stores near you? Sell your old stuff and use the proceeds for new things
  #143   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 17:26

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

OH Citrus I love the way you did the scarf at the neck...

K, let's find some cute stuff for you!

love this one:
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catal...*24*-1*-1*-1*12

and this one too:
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catal...1*24*-1*-1*-1*9

they are classics! If you go camel, with your colouring, I'd do a bright bright scarf of pagmina and matching gloves. Sapphire blue?
  #144   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 18:24
I've decided

WOW!

I love both of those coats. And I *would* like to get away from the same old, same old with the black or navy stuff. As you can see - it's loafers, straight black jacket...and I will try to add a tiny little thing (like that scarf) but the overall look is a bit severe and dated (imo).

I really, really like the two coats you found for me

If you look in my journal - you'll see that I posted some new pics - what I look like in that tired old back jacket nowadays. - Never mind - I decided to go ahead and post the pics in here too. Just so people can see how 'bad' an ill-fitting coat can look...lol!

I do have an old winter coat - and am not sure if it's out of date or not...I'll see if I can't get a pic posted of it - I want to know if people think it's 'dated' now - since I bought it in 1999. It's a Jones New York navy blue cashmere coat, and I got it 'on sale' (cough, cough...) for about $595. It was a high price to pay for a coat, which is why I held onto it.

Meanwhile, I really like the olive and the camel colours you've suggested. This is just the kind of 'help' I need. Gotta get away from the old 'safe' colours, which were probably all wrong for me anyway...

I just have to say - this is sooo much fun - that you've started this thread and are helping us all find our way to our new fashionable selves. Neat, neat, neat!

Sara

Last edited by Citruskiss : Thu, Aug-23-07 at 18:38.
  #145   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 18:33
I've decided

I hope this is ok - I do want to stay 'on topic' - but here's what that size 14 lightweight black jacket looks like on me as of this afternoon:

And yeah , I chopped my head off in one of the pics - not feeling very pretty these days.

So that's the smallest jacket/coat that I own right now, except this one old navy blue coat that I've held onto. Meanwhile - you're giving me ideas about colours like camel and olive....
  #146   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 18:34
I've decided

Also - does anyone notice something *really* weird about losing weight - that suddenly all your sleeves are too long? I don't get that.
  #147   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 18:45

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruskiss
Also - does anyone notice something *really* weird about losing weight - that suddenly all your sleeves are too long? I don't get that.

AND pants! I feel like I need higher and higher heels!!!!

K, I have a good feeling a Jones NY coat will be a classic. I still have some from 1999 or so that I still get compliments on. (Ever notice on Seinfeld that the clothes don't look that dated? CLASSICS! yep. Like camel coats, white blouses, simple dockers... last forever)

You look amazing!
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 19:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 214/185/114 Female 5 feet
BF:53/48/20
Progress: 29%

Ohhhh, I agree with pen... the CAMEL would look MAHHHH-VELOUS on you, Sara!

Sherry
  #149   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 20:23
I've decided

Thank you all so much - you're making me feel pretty...

I swear - there is this 'ugly duckling' phase that a person goes through (well, me anyway) while losing the weight. Does anyone else feel that way?

Some kind of metamorphosis - and in the meantime, during that 'phase' ...well I don't know about everyone else, but I do know that I personally do have a tough time knowing what to buy and what to wear.

There's this awkward, gawky phase.

I am kind of irritated that my rings are loose, my feet are slimmer, ...well, all the parts that I don't really care about are all tiny, and the rest of me is still...round.

Last edited by Citruskiss : Thu, Aug-23-07 at 20:36.
  #150   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-07, 21:49

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
I swear - there is this 'ugly duckling' phase that a person goes through (well, me anyway) while losing the weight. Does anyone else feel that way?

Oh heck yeah! I am all lumpy right now. I sure as hell hope this evens out eventually!!!