Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-11, 18:46

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles
Also, the issue had to do with what was SAID/rudeness, so it is not even a matter of whether I could relate or not. It doesn't matter whether you have 5 or 500 lbs to lose, there is no need to be rude to responders when you have asked a question just because you don't like the response.

Okay...didn't see the rude response...I was thinking it was a completely different thread.

(Guess I shouldn't go sticking my nose in things.... )
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Nov-18-11, 20:37
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

So Freckes....I've been thinking about you today...in a good way....

A year ago I wouldn't have even believed half the well-thought out responses that you have posted in the the last 6 months--vegetables, climbing the climb ladder, being patient, sticking to plan, etc. YOU have made the paradigm shift (I'm like a proud mama because YOU get it now). You are now in the place that many maintainers are in regarding advice, learning from mistakes, denial, etc. YOU have arrived! We (maintainers, so far, not to get cocky) as maintainers can only give the message... what people decide to do with it...well...you know....opinions are like noses...

I go thru periods where I respond or just scroll on by---my favorite ending to "those" kind of threads...."I'm just sayn'" and when they slink aback months later, you don't need to say "I told you so" it's already a given. It doesn't make us superior, it just makes us one of "those" people who this isn't our first rodeo and we've (hopefully) learned from our mistakes.

And rudeness?! Well, people are just jerks
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-11, 11:37
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I get frustrated too sometimes- and I try to use the "scroll on by " strategy.

For me, posting and trying to help is giving back to this site and paying it forward to those who helped me.

I also believe that checking in and posting helps me stay OP.

I get upset when people flame others, don't seem to want to listen, or if what they are doing is dangerous or bad or scary. Sigh. I have enough trouble trying to take care of me, so I try to let it go.

Glad you posted this-- glad WE are all here.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am thankful for YOU.
E
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-11, 13:11

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I think a lot of time it's sad, too.

We know they're not going to get anywhere with that attitude, but trying too hard to tell them that will be met with hostility.

But hey! Just another opportunity to be diplomatic.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-11, 13:35
Induction ≠ Atkins

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

When I get overwhelmed, I just stay off the main boards. My patience is very thin right now with work, and I know some of the garbage on the main boards would just set me over the edge in a hurry.

If it sounds like someone that will listen, or someone very new, I'll post. If they've been around a while, then I usually just save it. I didn't see the thread in question, but I'd be willing to place a sizeable bet on who I think started it
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-11, 15:38

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Thanks Lisa and Eno!!

I am finally feeling like I've arrived. I just have to remember that I've been one of "those" people too before - only wanting to listen to what I want to hear. That's why this time around I was determined to follow maintainers and the maintenance forum and really listen to and follow advice from people who have been successful keeping it off. It's made a huge difference in my attitude and mindset about maintenance and I think that my success will be in great part due to that.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-11, 17:19
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:

I am finally feeling like I've arrived. I just have to remember that I've been one of "those" people too before - only wanting to listen to what I want to hear. That's why this time around I was determined to follow maintainers and the maintenance forum and really listen to and follow advice from people who have been successful keeping it off. It's made a huge difference in my attitude and mindset about maintenance and I think that my success will be in great part due to that.

Yes, you have arrived Terri!!

OK, now I just have to say this and please don't hate me for it.
when you said stuff like "don't tell me not to eat dairy" "I can't hear you, lalalalala" now you know how it felt to be on the other end of hearing that.
There were some days when I wanted to say to you: "Have some chicken with your cheese?" and didn't.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-11, 21:26
Every day is day one

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Yes, you have arrived Terri!!

OK, now I just have to say this and please don't hate me for it.
when you said stuff like "don't tell me not to eat dairy" "I can't hear you, lalalalala" now you know how it felt to be on the other end of hearing that.
There were some days when I wanted to say to you: "Have some chicken with your cheese?" and didn't.

Ok--we get to pick on Frecks for 30 seconds. That just made me bust out laughing

Yes Frecks...you have come a long waaaaayyyy baby! (and that's part of why you're in the maintain lane now--you go girl. I'm like a proud mama )
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-11, 09:45
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
Ok--we get to pick on Frecks for 30 seconds. That just made me bust out laughing

Yes Frecks...you have come a long waaaaayyyy baby! (and that's part of why you're in the maintain lane now--you go girl. I'm like a proud mama )

Yes, she has come a very long way...and has seen the light!
Now she is in computer hell and I feel for her. Poor Freckles!
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-11, 10:20
Every day is day one

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Yes, she has come a very long way...and has seen the light!
Now she is in computer hell and I feel for her. Poor Freckles!

Nothing worse than the blue scren of death, or there is no connection to the hive activity (EEEKKKKK!!! What thehel could that be?) . Freckles, my heart is with you during these trying times.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-11, 12:54

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I def used a lot of cheese...always had....wish I still could.

Yes...I have access to a computer. But it's an old dinosaur that runs super slow. Internet provider probs too. When it rains it pours, of course. Could be worse, so it's all good.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Dec-19-11, 19:51

Plan: Maintenance since 6/08
Stats: 250/189/195 Male 70 inches
BF:Not so much.
Progress: 111%

I don't scroll on by. I just don't get to this forum very much anymore. Not sure how I'd react if someone started flaming me for saying what needs to be said, but I think "Smug" would be a good way to describe it.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-12, 16:10

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 208/170.2/170 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Take a break. Come back in a few months. They won't starve.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-12, 22:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Quote:
I've received a LOT of help from this forum. Honestly, the only reason I'm at goal for the third time and STILL there is due to the wonderful support and advice from long term maintainers.

But I have a whine/rant.

It makes me ANGRY when someone asks a question or asks for advice and then they get all po-ed because they don't like the answers and get all defensive....It makes me doubly angry when people who aren't even close to goal and never have been reinforce the OP.

But I get into FIGHTING mode when these people actually use passive/aggressive words to <put down> the long term maintainers. REALLY??? You've never seen goal, but you're going to be rude to those who have?????

I want SO badly to post rude, but truthful things....but I just can't. Guess I'm too nice. And in the long run they will see the true results.

Maybe I need to stay away from the forums....but maybe I need to be more vocal??? I want to help people that are serious about losing weight and being healthy. Guess I'm just becoming disenchanted about giving advice.

People just want to hear what they want to hear....but it's only going to keep them fat! Give me a reason to keep giving advice and doing my best to encourage people. Please.

I so relate...I have to occasionally step away from the keyboard! When you are on the message boards for any length of time..you see the pattern...again and again...the same "stinkin' thinkin'" the same whining...
keep telling the truth....it does count , especially for those who REALLY want to change their life..