Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1201   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-19, 18:25

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I will be happy to hit up the wine store- it is around the corner. There is not a wine store or a grocery anywhere close to where we will be staying. That is why I am bringing simple stuff.

Done- do you have a brand you like? I am making a list and happy to do it. Where we will be there is not a store close! It is the historic district full up upper end shops. I have the room in the trunk no big deal.

NIC/ Trig/ Blue? -
Sponsored Links
  #1202   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-19, 18:57

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Sorry to be MIA for a minute, but I have been struggling with sinus crap for the last 2 days. Dull endless headaches unless I pop expensive sinus over the counter meds---amiright Trig? Geez, the ones that work best for me are SO freakin' expensive. And no, aspirin, Aleve, Tylenol, none of that works like the meds specifically for sinus pain. Really has taken the stuffing out of me, worst onset in a couple months.

But...

Lori---I got the Tiger Balm and have to say it helps some. I apply directly on my forehead and feel the headache back off a bit. Even better on my bad lower thumb, LOL, I'm falling apart! I got the stuff in a neat little round tin and it is easy to apply. I know some have issues w/the smell, but I loves it. Fresh, menthol, just smelling it clears me up a bit. So thanx for the tip.

I totally understand how walking is not exciting enough to drag you out of the house on these cold snowy days. You're a runner! That's what gets your motivated and pumped up. Glad to hear the shoulder is feeling better and better.

Jaz---So VERY nice for you to offer to bring stuff for those of us who can't because we're flying. I'll put my order in for some bottled water, vodka and some sugar free mixer---not a fan of vodka and Diet Coke. Can we get a cup of coffee at the hotel? You said they have good breaky, all I'll want is a reasonably priced cup of Joe. Can't really talk till that happens.

You will surely be able to bring this stuff cheaper than we can buy it there. I don't mind paying for a cocktail or two out, but OTOH, if the weather is nice we can have a cocktail around our little pool! Will only allow you to do this if you accept fair share payment. It's enough you're hauling it all.

You asked about what I'm bringing to wear. See below.

Good for you staying on plan for the better part these days. That is an accomplishment you should pat yourself on the back for, as this new job thing is no small amount of stress.

Trig---OK girl, here's what I say. ALLOW yourself to NOT care about the woe for a bit...understanding of course that the longer we don't care, the more the trade off in pounds we're lugging around. I know this well as I'm feeling it after months pretty off plan. And I don't like the feeling at all. I miss "that thinner feeling." I miss the way my clothes didn't pinch and how much better I looked in them. I miss not hauling around more pounds. I miss a lot about being in the zone. And I think it's important to remember the trade off we make.

But...

When we were in the heart of the storm of cleaning out, repairing the house and landscape and every other darn thing we had to do in 3 or 4 months last year, I TOO could not find a fig to care about when it came to my woe. It threatened to be the straw that broke the camel's back, and boy howdy, this camel needed her back. More to come from me to you.

Nic---Welcome home! But boy, now you head off to NYC tomorrow? Weather is not looking easy. One hell of a winter. Fingers crossed it does not interfere in any big way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can hardly believe this is true, but hubby and I have not traveled AT ALL in over a year, not even to our beloved Door County. Yeah he took a short trip to Phoenix and now me to Charleston. But the move pretty much wiped out the last year when it comes to travel.

So my attitude about this trip is basically "whoooopeeeeee!" Finally. And while I cannot afford to go hog wild making up for the last year, I am also not coming at this looking to split dimes.

So, what am I packing for Charleston? Some new stuff I can't wait to wear. I threw out a ton of clothes in the moving process, and I don't really regret it a bit. It was a once in life time super clean out, and it was what it was.

However, a few weeks ago when I went to see what I might pack for Charleston I was amazed at how little I had that I would want to wear. Not to mention my weight gain that has made some of the stuff I saved not wearable for now.

Nothing big or fancy involved, mostly just basics that I will need far beyond Charleston. Yeah, always the girly girl when it comes to clothes. I DO care. I DO feel better when I look better, and no, I'm not going to wait till I'm some dream weight that is who knows how long in the future.

And here's the other thing. Seems chances are good it might be cooler than normal there, as it is everywhere. So trying to keep it simple and basic, but also be prepared for a range of temps. Wish I could say I'll bring only what I need, but chances are I'll over pack like I always do. SIGH. Like I said, not going to nickel and dime myself in any way on this trip.

I am doing better on the woe than I have for a long time. But, keep in mind I've not set my goals over my head for where I'm at right now. 50 NCs a day allows some wiggle room, while at the same time is less than I was eating, and a lot less than most people eat, which is something I think we sometimes forget. SAD---average of 300 grams of carbs a day! Every day.

Have not weighed myself and am not ready to. But have a pretty good feel for it and don't think I've lost even one REAL pound for my better efforts, other than bloaty water stuff. But CAN feel I'm no longer gaining either. I had to staunch it before I could do more.

Once I get there, I'll do the best I can, but as I've said, I'm on a long awaited little vacation, and again, not going to nickel and dime my pleasure. No need for hog wilder from sun up to sunset, but nice to enjoy the local flavor---from food, to everything else.

I've got some recs for a few restaurants for a nice night out from friends who know Charleston. Nothing we have to do, just nice to have some word of mouth ideas.

Also, Jaz, as far as shopping I've heard there's a market in Charleston that's a blast. All kinds of stuff. Some here won't be interested in that, but it sounds like somewhere I'd like as opposed to the expensive "Rodeo Drive" version of Charleston, which bores me to tears, because I can't afford it.

OK, I've made up for my absence by blabbing on far more than I expected, but I'm just getting so excited about this trip! One week from this Thursday! So long in the planning, can hardly believe it's almost here. YAY FOR US!

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Mar-03-19 at 19:06.
  #1203   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-19, 18:58

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

You're a doll Jaz!

Any Sauv Blanc will do. Thanks!
  #1204   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-19, 19:18

BF:

Got it-! OK! Lori! - no problem! 2 bottles should do ya
Blue I picked up a pint of Tito's Vodka already to go- what do you like to mix with it? Sparkling water, sugar free cranberry juice, spritzer?

I am thinking several cases of water- Kroger has it for 2.39 a case for 36 bottles, versus a dollar or MORE in Charleston for 1. CRAZY!

BLUE- feel better FAST!!!!!!!- I know you don't want to crud on a plane. LOAD of fluids!!!!!

Feeling sorta punk myself. Got a doctor appt tomorrow. So perfect timing!
  #1205   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-19, 04:59

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz....you are going to have a car full! Don't forget the corkscrew for the wine! Unless you get the screw top bottles....so handy!

I enjoyed the video that you sent via email yesterday. Lots of good info presented in a fun way.

Blue....glad you like the Tiger Balm. When I first started boot camp, some of the ladies there told me to get it for the sore muscles. I don't mind the smell either....but it is strong!

The Charleston market you mentioned sounds interesting to me. Fancy a$$ shops are really not my thing either....other than as a glance & go. Great job getting restaurant recommendations too!

Our time together is going to go so quickly. We have to make the most of the 2 full days we'll have to share.

Nic.....NYC? I forget what that trip was about. Was it just a day trip? Hope the weather did not cause you grief.

Trig....hope Bolt continues to improve. Hopefully he'll adjust to the meds soon. Just like us, I bet he'll feel better when this crappy weather improves!

We had several inches of snow last night, so I'll be staying in today. I hope to get out tomorrow if things are not an icy mess. It is supposed to be cold most of the week, before warming up a little this weekend.

We'll soon be able to get a pretty good forecast for Charleston so we know what clothes to bring. As Blue said, we'll probably just have to bring an assortment of items.

Poor DH is out shoveling snow. He has to do ours, his elderly cousin's, and plow the parking lot at the Rec Authority where he works. He doesn't mind cold weather, but even he is getting tired of it!

Happy Monday all!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Mon, Mar-04-19 at 06:00.
  #1206   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-19, 06:21

BF:

Good Morning!!!!

Lori- HAHAH-I actually put my corkscrew on my counter to not forget! Did that one year! Yea- the Shrimp might not make it. So I will just bring drinks!!!! Don't think anyone will care!
I don't mind a care full as long as I can unload most of it to you all while there! Oh- I bought the plastic cups too! Gotta have the red cups!
How is your arm doing?
I know I am sick of RAIN and cold!

BLUE- waiting to hear about your mixer! I sure hope you kick whatever bug you got going on in a red hot hurry! Don't forget about Mussinex! Load of fluids! -
The open air Market you are talking about is really awesome! It is 2 blocks on the left from us! People rent booths and it is really cool. Lots of stuff- everything from vegetables to handmade jewelry and everything in-between.
Yes there is the stretch that is all expensive! But there is also a cool indoor sorta shops that has a Chico's. I bought a neckless there last year.

NIC
- I didn't remember a NYC on your agenda! HAHAHAH- like you need to check in with us! But man oh man are you the travel gal! I am curious how your AZ trip went!

TRIG- How is the pup? I am really crossing my fingers everything is good! Slow starts are ok- hell the older I get the slower I seem to move! It's bound to happen with doggers too! Speaking of- I ordered a doggie vitamin for her. I will show you when I see you. Do you give your pup a vitamin?
Are you packing up the RV? I know you are brining your "goods" !
I hear ya on the WOE- Your head has to be in it! It will be when you are ready!
------------------------------------------------------
I am going to talk to the doctor about my thyroid. I swear it is NOT doing what it should. I eat one time a day and keep under 10 Total carbs most days and when I creep up a few more carbs it is due to veggies not garbage. FRUSTRATION!!!!!! SCREAM HERE!

I want blood work - ALL of it done! Plus I will talk about my tingling arm. I know the first impulse is ALWAYS surgery. To cut is to cure in the medical world. Thank you no!
This is the year that I will work super hard to get it together! There does come a point- I don't want to hit that. I want to turn things around now! I have gained 4 pounds???? WTF???? HOW? URGHHHHHHHHHH-

Watching the news, I guess a weight gain is nothing compared to what some people just a few hours south of me are dealing with. A tornado wiped out a town literally just a few hours south of me!
Some people lost lives and loved ones and homes and everything they had! SO sad! - That same storm passed over me. It was a pretty loud storm- and the rain was torrential. But thankfully it was short lived and not as bad. But it was 70 degrees here yesterday- today it is 40!

I will work on getting my computer up and running after I get back from the doctors. Then I need to start piecing my stuff back together. I lost all my files- 100 of hours worth of work was lost. Including my list of members. This could backfire on me. Even though it is not my fault- the new big wigs don't care. They are all about the numbers and I could be gone over this. I am tired of the egg shells- and lies.
Oh well enough of that.

Do any of you wear a size 9-10 Sandel? I bought 2 pair of Reef cute sandals. But They kill my feet due to no arch. Cute as can be. On is a pink pair the other is a print in gold and brown. I got them in a consignment store for 8 bucks. They normally go for about 30. They are new- but I can't return them.
Anyway- if any of you can use them....... first dibs! I ordered my ortho sandals at 68 bucks a pop! They should get here Wed. Just in time. I am hoping we can get out the sandals!!!!

Ok- gotta at least put on some lipstick and pants and head to the doctors!!! Back later.
Stay warm and safe- and BLUE- WATER WATER WATER
  #1207   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-19, 07:24

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

you guys are cracking me up getting all gung ho for the trip....well I am doing it here also can't wait LOL

I am the same as Jazz in that I will be bringing the camper to James County Park about 15 mins from the hotel....so I am bringing what I need also and can EASILY bring any thing extra you guys want or need....no problem on that! So if someone wants something let me know. I can easily bring it to the hotel.

Jaz I am fine and like you I do drinks at the hotel from my own cause I can't stand spending like $8 on a rum and diet pepsi when I can make it cheaper in the room at like a $1 a drink LOL

I am bringing tons of water so I can share with anyone on that....a lot of rum and diet pepsi and my sf sugar free punch crap when I need a mixer with no damn bubbles to bloat me to the max like soda....soup cans for broth in room and cups/micro bowl/mug for broth.....and again, IF ANYONE needs something let me know also. I can bring cause it is easy for me to do just that.

Blue, I swear it goes in spurts. Sinus. It is like a maniac thing....you are fine, like I NEVER had one up north in my life, I move here, me and Barb are on the road working and we hit Atlanta for job and I am dying. I thought instantly...stroke or brain bleed I was so bad and she said, ya ain't dying at all, you got sinus. I was like WTH? Are ya kidding? She is like nope, lets hit the store, buy sinus meds and in a few hrs you will improve but not 'all that great' if ya got a bad one LOL I tell ya, since then I had a year or so of horrible, just horrible where it would shut me down for days on end, and then a few years where it barely effected me and then wham, down I went again into bad sinus. I don't know why the ups and downs of it but this year has not been 'that bad' and I count it as a 'good one' so far but I still get it and you are right....everyone finds the 'drug' you must have...nothing else works, but it could change on ya where the 'great drug that helps', doesn't...and boom you are trying new ones....my best right now is the cheapo brand from my grocery store LOL yea it is crazy but when desperate you just go thru sinus drugs like mad til ya find one that helps...kinda like you gotta change it up every now and then but if the 'good expensive ones' work it is worth every darn penny!!!

feel for ya gal! I know, I am there also LOL

So dog is improving but weirdo in a way but getting better. He was playing finally with his ball in the house going wild growl dog and so near the propane fireplace I was stroking out cause I could just see his tail on fire LOL and I had to finally stop him and now he crashed. I think these meds are evening out and he seems so much better. But it is weird cause I 'just wait' for a seizure but the longer he goes without one the better he is...so...

nothing big here except damn rain. and more rain. omg the flooding around and all that. and sinus, like Blue I am downing pills like crazy. Hubby is down also. ALL in the head. Cut off the head and I would be healthy for sure

ok, if anyone needs anything let me know also.
I got me handled and drinks for others cause I will have a lot of rum and mixers

no coffee for me.....when on a party trip my choice drink of the morning is a boozey one. I can drink at 5am in a heartbeat while you guys are downing coffee I am boozing it up. I am the type that drinks early in the day and crashes early in the evening but I will pace myself to make sure it works well.

Like Jaz said being coastal weather comes in and out fast. rain comes and goes fast if it is not a monster storm setting on ya so everyone pray it is small storms that blow thru fast and easy.

weather ain't stopping me

I am like you Lori. I ain't buying a darn thing. I enjoy shopping and people watching others buy when out and about. I am downsizing my life, I sure as heck ain't buying more junk for my home LOL

I got 4 beautiful art pics from a gallery in Charleston when we honeymoon'd there long ago and I hung one. Other 3 are in tubes in closet. So nope, if they aren't hung yet after all these darn years I sure ain't buying anything else at this point.

but Charleston is fun. We will do fine during pattys day and no green beer for me....a reg. beer....cause when I drink the food colored green beer I get a headache. Always that way for me but I will party up Pattys day for sure

all good here, so far so 'even' and no curves just yet.

ugh, I am feeling old tho now. You know when you are up and feel 21 and light and free.....I am feeling 57 and haggered and old and fat and dense and weighed to the earth like bags of rocks on my shoulders…...so I guess only I can change that...will work on it!!!!

great day all
  #1208   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-19, 09:11

BF:

Jaz....bring those sandals along and I'll have a look. That is my size..9 1/2.

Glad you mentioned the beer Trig.....I was going to ask someone to bring me a 6 pack of Miller Lite, but decided it'll be fun to go out to a pub for a cold beer...what do you think? I love a fun pub for beer & appetizers.

And....we don't all have to do everything together every minute, right? Maybe some will want to do one thing and some another.....no worries. I want everyone to have a good time and not just go along to stuff they don't want to do. No pressure on anyone!

Just had to trudge out thru the snow to our satellite dish to brush the snow off as my TV went out. All good now and I didn't fall. YAY!

Jaz......sorry about your new work worry. I can't imagine they would blame it on you for their equipment crashing! Of course, who knows with corporations?

Over & out!
  #1209   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-19, 09:16

BF:

Lori I can easily bring ya a six of Miller Lite to the room and it won't be hard at all on me so yea, I will bring one for sure....we got a small fridge in each room so you can chill it and drink one in the hotel or buy one out later but ya got a choice then

and yes NO ONE has to do anything at all as a group all the time.....we can easily say I DON'T want to go this and I WANT to.....and we all should easily be fine with just that.

everyone has 0 pressure on them. We are SO different in our 'set ways' and if we need whatever the others will just go along with that and leave it right there and no questions asked

I sure agree with that cause I can do weirdo times and I need to be let off the hook sometimes LOL but this is a short trip so we should all be ok anyway I think.

I so get it Lori
  #1210   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-19, 18:00

BF:

Lori- I got your New Zealand Blanc- 2 bottles- and TRIG is getting you beer- and I got 2 pair of BEAUTIFUL sandals to show you !!!! you
are GOOD! I really wish I could wear them- so pretty! But I have to have a ugly arch! - If you like them- well you will love them! They are comfy and brand new - aside my five seconds in them- no foot fungus here! HAHAHAH

Trig- I also picked up a jug of rum, Vodka, and 2 boxes of merlot, and 5 little shots of Fire ball! Just to get the party started! Waiting on Blue to tell us what she wants as a mixer. I will bring all- got a party in my trunk! GOD you know us geezers will be sleeping by 9!!!!!! Get us tipsy by 2- BLUE PLATE special by 4 and in the sack by 9! HAHAHAHAHA- whooooooo hoooooooo

Glad your little one doing ok- well better!
So glad it's a go for us all!!!!!! -

Went to doctor- 9 repeat that 9 bottles of blood they took. Testing for it all! I ask for it all!!!!!!!!
I turned down an MRI, EKG, and Chest Xray. No need- tax payers waste for not needed. Well maybe the MRI is- I will think about it. More interested in the blood work right now.

ate to many ribs tonight- feel way full!!!! - going to chill in recliner.
tired- tested for that too! Always tired these days. Hope to get some answers and turn this ship around.

NO pressures at all!!!!! that is the rule- no judgment zone at all in eating, walking, sleeping, or whatever. I do think we should at least put some ideas in the pot. And then whoever whats to go-ok- and if not- ok!
If I want a plate of nachos not a word- ( not like I will) but ya know what I mean- it's 2 days- no side ways looks and nobody feels awkward. We are all jumping back on the band wagon the second we get back anyway......... WHATEVER - this is chill time for me for all of us!
We like each other to much to do the awkward anyway.
I will TRY to contain the MAN magnet ......... just cause I'm out with the gals!!!!! I will reel that in!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Off to Netflix- applied for 3 more job- ask for a account of the exact $$$ it will take to leave and just getting information at this point.
Painted my nails and toes! Ready to hold a wind glass so elegant! HA

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Mar-04-19 at 19:39.
  #1211   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-19, 20:02

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi you rascals!

Yeah, I'm getting a huge kick out of the build up to our trip! This is part of the fun if you ask me. I know it's all going to go so fast, so I am really digging the pre trip fun. It's like the days that lead up to Xmas.

I think it's funny and real and oh so endearing that ALL OF US are so eager to warn everyone else about how "weird" we can be in one way or the other. IOW, each of us wanting to let the others know, hey, this or that might not work for me, and I might just need to disappear for awhile.

For me the thing is, no way am I interested in a St. Paddy's day green beer scene with lots of noise and lots of people. In fact, to again be honest, I was a bit bummed to realize our weekend is St. Patrick's Day weekend. Hoping it's not like spending Mardi Gras in New Orleans, which is the worst time evah to go there.

But hey, here's the way I see it. We've got three nights and two days together. Blink and it will be over. Think we should treat it as if we're on a short cruise. meals together for the better part, and in-between, whatever. But I do know I want to come home having had my fill of real time w/you guys, because I know it won't happen again soon. LOL, OTOH, maybe same time next year. Ya never know.

Jaz---To make it easy on the mixer thing, diet tonic water will do it for me, and if you run past a lime or lemon or two, that would be great too.

Geez, I sure hope your company doesn't hold you responsible for their program breaking down on your computer. To be honest, I think you kind of want them to release you from all of this in a way. It would make things free and easier in one way, and harder in another way. I wish for whichever is the best way for you, where the odds of your satisfaction are the greatest, and of course, who knows which way that lies?

So we wait and see, but yet I know you're not just waiting around. My best hope is that you will get another job before losing this one. However, if you lose this one first, I have SO MUCH faith in your ability to find something better. You are such a fighter. Just LOVE that about you.

Trig---Oh my, girl. "...haggard, old, fat and dense and weighed to the earth like bags of rocks on my shoulders." !!!! Wow, that sentence took my breath away because I know EXACTLY what you mean. There are days like that, and I've had plenty of them recently. I really thank you for your honesty, I feel like our "feelers" were connecting, LOL!

All the more reason to get away and lift our hearts with each other. Cannot wait to hug you the way I wanted to when I read that sentence.

Lori---So you made it out to the satellite, did ya? Lord knows, I too would trudge thru snow, wind and whatever if anything tried to take my TV away right about now.

TV, books, phone chats w/friends and visits w/friends in our building have saved me in these last weeks. Y'all know I'm actually a winter liker, but Feb. here has been like three months of winter in one month, and...I. have. Had. it.

Haha, tell that to Mother Nature, as if she cares. No matter what the weather on our trip, it has got to be better than here.

Nic---Fingers crossed you are enjoying the play as I write. At least I think I have that right. Know that the weather is tricky from the midwest to the east coast, and just hoping it didn't trip you up a bit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much more to say for tonight than what I've already said. So I'll just wish y'all a sweet, cozy, tuck in tonight. Which I'm about to grab for myself. Have a new book, am ready to snuggle in w/it.
  #1212   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-19, 06:14

BF:

Good Morning!

I had a long lie in this morning. I didn't get up until nearly 6:30. I knew it was cold..10 degrees..and I just didn't want to crawl out from the blankets.

Blue....no worries about the "bar scene". I talk a good game, but my favorite time to visit a pub for appetizers & a beer is before all the crazies and rabble rowsers show up-like mid to late afternoon. I'm not into the loud bar scene either. As Jaz said...we'll probably be heading for our rooms at 9PM!

Trig & Jaz.....you have me all fixed up! Beer & wine...what more could I need? Make sure you keep a running tab of my charges so I can settle up with you.

Nic...hope NYC was fun and that travel was ok.

I was going to go to the Rec Center and walk the indoor track today, but it's not going to happen this morning. It is too freakin' cold to go out when you don't have to. The sun is shining brightly, so maybe it will warm up a bit later. I think our high for the next couple days is low to mid 20's. Nuts!

That's it from my boring part of the world. Have a good Tuesday.
  #1213   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-19, 07:12

BF:

All- I am watching the weather right now like a hawk! I leave Monday morning. So I want NICE days in Folly too!!!!!! I will be in the same situation there. Everything is walkable. I sure hope it is at least not raining. But TRIG - is right, being coastal- they come in fast and out fast for the most part!

I am guessing however that the shorts will need to be put back and a sweatshirt instead!
BLUE- Got it on the diet tonic water! I aways have limes and lemons. I put them in my water to get a alkaline beverage.
Agreed that we should have dinner together!!!!! I know there are tons of places within walking distance! I would like a nice steak house and or Seafood. Or steak one night lobster the next! But I roll with wherever the censensus is. That is the beautiful part of the WOE- I can get a Cobb salad anywhere.

TRIG- when are you rolling in? Are you planning on hitting up Folly too? You could you know come in a day early and bring the fam! I think the kiddo would love Folly- just a thought! We could meet for dinner there at the crab shack on the beach. Just a thought!!!!!!!!! Bring the family- I would love to meet them! Then you spend some time with them and we meet up later in Charleston! I just know how you are about beaches. It's only 30 minutes out from where you are staying. It might lift you up a bit! That is MY plan anyway!!!!!!!!
I NEED some water time and wind, and sun and crab and some time to just stare out to sea with not a care in the world.

BLUE- - it is sorta a build up I agree! I like it better than Christmas if I am being honest. Holidays for me are stressful and STRESSFUL!- Vacations are awesome! They go too fast!

About your comment about me wanting to "be let go" from work. NO I DON'T. I can't afford to be without an income!!!!!- I am still living paycheck to pay check right now but I am planning on how I can be out of debt in less than 3 months and start living on one paycheck and banking the other.
What I do see is the constant THREATS they are making regarding my employment. So I do see it coming- oh yea- it's coming. Not just for me, but I see the program as a sinking ship. It is not making the numbers and EVERYONE should be worried if they are smart.
The "powers at be" see it too. They made some really bad decisions coming in with this new pilot program. It failed in Kansas and it will fail here too. I heard through the grape vine they are giving it a year to "produce". Meanwhile the MANAGER are YELLING from the side lines to the worker bees to PRODUCE PRODUCE PRODUCE. That doesn't sit well with anybody. I am getting my ducks in a row!
That is all I am saying about that. I just want to jump ship at the last minute before it sinks like the Titanic. I am looking for a life raft- actually a yacht! - Yea I see it!!!!!! The ICE chunk is not far off! I am thinking Oct. 4th fiscal quarter.

Does anyone know how to play Euchre? Did I mention I am an avid card player? Only Euchre though- only game worth playing!!!! HAHAHAH

BLUE - What are you reading? I am on hold for a book called the 4 hour work week! - Something I will NOT be reading on my time off!!!!! HAHAHA

Lori- - yup you are set!!!!! WE GOT THIS COVERED FOR YOU!!! I agree with you , my favorite time to hit a happy hour is happy hour between 4-7! Although the piano bar starts up at 7- I may need to wander down there one evening! HAHAH-

OK gals- Off I go to meet the man for 8 hours.
I do know I will be on plan today. I am thinking something light. Those ribs really "stick to me"- and heavy! Want a lighter meal today. My OMAD!!!!!!
  #1214   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-19, 07:27

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Trig- So glad that Bolt seems to be evening out and getting back to his old self on the meds. I know your DD is so relieved about it!

I feel you on feeling tethered down/weighted down lately. Ugh. I feel like a snausage!

Lori- Great news on having more mobility in your arm. Keep taking it slow and let it come along. Good news!

Also glad you got a lie in today. That is a nice thing now and again!

Jaz- Thanks for planning ahead (you and Trig both!) I am honestly a little traveled out at the moment so I'm not hyped up quite yet about this trip but I will get there!

Glad your DR appt went well and you are getting a lot of tests done. Hopefully you will find out some of the answers you seek.

Just saw that we cross-posted- I don't know SQUAT about playing cards. I'll throw in a game or two into my bag though as well. Not sure if we will actually be doing any of that though!

Blue- I didn't realize it was St Patrick's weekend either. That sort of stinks. I am not a party or bar girl, really. I'm more of a small group type.

Sorry you've been feeling under the weather. I hope it doesn't hang on like your other sinus issue did.

Glad the WOE is chugging along well for you right now. That is a very good feeling!

Everyone- So given that it is a holiday weekend, do we want to make any sort of dinner reservations or are we just doing to wing it?

The market- I've been before and would be happy to go again. I also did a fun walking tour of Charleston and also a buggy tour. Either of those would be fun, or a haunted tour or whatever. Battery Park is nice too.

••••••

My Charleston request- some cream! Just a little pint or something. There are coffeemakers in the room (I called to ask) so I'll be happy just making some coffee there but I'll want some cream! Please and thank you!

So yesterday was a half-recovery day from Phoenix/NYC and the other half getting DS20 all taken care of with his passport for study abroad (he needed an adult one now) and getting him back to college. We were EXHAUSTED- got in close to 11 PM Sunday night. The musical was OUTSTANDING.. everyone loved it and it was such a great Christmas gift.

Today I have MoW and a few odds and ends- I'm supposed to be finding costuming for Hairspray, I need to make an appt for an oil change for my car, call the CASA office etc. Just stuff like that. And go grocery shopping.

Right now I am working less on being LC and more just trying to keep an overall lid on things. That will have to do for the moment!
  #1215   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-19, 07:52

BF:

wow everyone is busy busy except right now for Lori who is holding up to miss the cold outdoors

I so hear ya on that.

Nicco you are one busy lady. I swear I don't know how ya do it, ahhh, being younger you got that me now so you are still good to juggle like 50 things at a time. I remember when I could do that, now, I can't juggle 3 anymore HAHA

Jaz, sorry can't meet early. I am pulling kid out of school 2 days, thrus and fri, for this so they can have a few days in Charl and explore, but that is all I can pull her out. She takes a hell of a lot of days off LOL and I have to not go overboard on days off for her.

Blue, I ain't a hugger type but everyone gets a quickie and then I am done of the over gushing of emotions HAHA yea I am that type. I am loaner, leave me alone type kinda but I can get into the spirit of things for a very short window LOL So yea a hug for all for sure and then we party and laugh and forget the mushy of it all

I tell ya guys I am a mess on eating but I only now gained up like 6 more from all the horrible from quitting smoking and all...and worse is I am cheating on the smoking a bit now. It is like if I can't lose lbs not smoking, why bother? I am still not smoking a lot like before, I have cut down to a very very low amt so that is good but right now when I say I am a mess, I mean it I am in some hole now. Just can't dig out. Too many things about me is oh so wrong and I can't get them gone I mean geez can't someone fix me, do I have to do it all by myself all the time? I think I do tho LOL ugh

Everything seems very off key for me right now...ugh...whatever.

ok signing off right now.
Closed Thread