Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Jul-29-09, 09:08

Plan: Whole Foods, Mod Carbs
Stats: 292.4/190.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

So, I did Callanetics yesterday, yay!

I got to the hip/bum part where you sit on the floor, hold onto the bar and pulse gently...and then I was DONE! It is deceptively difficult and I am WAY out of shape!! But, I'm committed to improving a little everyday.

I really really like the tricep squeezer (if you do it right, GOSH, DOES IT HURT!). I also really like the thigh/leg thightener (where she's standing, holding onto the pillar, her heels are touching, her legs are bent and she lowers herself up and down - my thighs were so wobbly after that one!!!!!!!!)

I agree with smullen - the floor ab exercises felt awesome for my abs, but my neck and head really hurt and I just couldn't do all of the reps. I felt a lot of pressure in my head, oddly, (while holding it up), but I think that's because I wasn't breathing properly, lol I did read at the end of the DVD that I could support my head/neck with my hands, so I defintely going to try that today.

All-in-all, super difficult for me, but I'm going to try to improve b/c I can see these exercises being effective
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jul-29-09, 18:22

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/181.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Went racing tonight it was fast and furious, definitely a work out. I sweated up a storm, and after the race drank water while everyone else was drinking beer...it didn't make any difference to me at all and since it was so hot and I usually only have one , but I am still proud of myself non the less.

Scotiagirl
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Jul-30-09, 19:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/123/130 Female 5' 6"
BF:some
Progress: 170%

Scotia Girl,
Well I got my (10 Years Younger in 10 Hours) Did the whole session today. Only question I have for you is does your Dvd have the part where you sit on the floor holding onto the bar while lifting the leg and pulsing it. It shows that move on the back of my Dvd box but it is not on the dvd. How about yours?
Any way the parts it did have sure showed me I need to loosen up. I hope it works to define my body better.LOL.
Will keep it up and do another hour tomorrow.
joansheila
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jul-31-09, 07:05

BF:

Raced last night...what a ball, the wind was really gust and it was a full workout for sure...I am stiff this morning.
We won the race and therefore with that first won the July series...what a hoot it is to race with an all woman crew again and being a small boat, 22 feet, means lots of lean out and over the side to keep it flat in the gusts.
I was tired and sweaty after we finished and had a Coors Light while the others drank several...it was cold, and tasted good...and because I ate only about 4 carbs yesterday before it I was still under 10 carbs after 3 days of near zero...I feel great.

Scotiagirl
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Aug-01-09, 12:03

BF:

So the three days of near zero carbs and then not eating much and having a beer...makes you feel gross...then it was hot and humid here...could not get out of my own way yesterday...but promised myself that I would do the whole hour 10/10 today.

Promised made and kept

Total for week 2 hours 10/10 video, 20 minutes AM, and several hours racing.
very respectable...if I do say so myself

My back was sore again last night...dam I should know better by now....

Anyway my back feels great now and I feel back on track exercise wise and LC wise...I ate well yesterday..although maybe a little too much butter and I am back on track for the week exercise wise.

YAHHHH ME

Have a two day regatta tomorrow on a big boat and it will be a work out...no doubt about it...by Tuesday I might be broken.

Scotiagirl
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Aug-02-09, 19:21

BF:

Over four hours racing...the weather was beautiful, the wind built up and then wound down a bit, 3 races...a lot of work...4 regular crew and 6 others, some who had never been on the boat...a lot of tweaking to get things right...a long day and was glad there was not a fourth race.

So I don't know how to count this..shoulders, arms, stomach, back and definitely leg muscles all got a very, very long work out...bring the boat back was another lovely trip...12 hours on the water total....and a lot of water to drink...it was marvelous.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Aug-04-09, 07:38

Plan: Keto and IF
Stats: 181.3/180.6/160 Female 5' 6"
BF:-63.1/-21.3 to go
Progress: 3%

HI,
Glad to see you had a good time . And definitely sounds like a workout . Hope ur having a good morning
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Aug-08-09, 18:08

BF:

So Tuesday I took a dinghy course and used every muscle in my body, Wednesday I raced, Thursday I raced and then had a terrible bout of the runs...I know TMI, but it stopped me from doing stomach exercises yesterday.

But I just finished my 10/10 session...another hour... forgot to log it in my "little blue book", I think it is hour 14 with atleast several hours of the AM/PM.
also

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaGirl
I now have a butt line ,
you know that line that divides your butt from your leg
...didn't realize I didn't have one until I noticed that I have one now today

I like my new line very much

Scotiagirl
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Aug-09-09, 15:21

BF:

Back on track...just finished AM session...Yah me

Off to crew meeting, but need a shower first.

Scotiagirl
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Aug-10-09, 18:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

I've been reading this thread wondering if this 10/10 thing is something I could do. It sounds like you all are quite athletic already and also young. So anyway, could you tell me more of what is actually on the 10/10 DVD? Do you think a 60 year old, out of shape, "I hate exercise" woman could somehow do these? If I actually could SEE some results, MAYBE I could get motivated.
I have failed the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred as she has lots of jumping jacks which I'm not coordinated enough to do and lots of push ups which my wrists are too weak to do. I'm so tired of ordering exercise DVDs only to have them sit there.
So, I hope you all don't mind me jumping in here - but this really sounds good - IF I can do it. What do you think?
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Aug-10-09, 19:06

BF:

Hi cats, it is a very different set of exercises, it relies on very small movements, but a lot of them, it is definitely something that you start at what you can do and work up to the count, somethings are much more difficult than others, but only because of the number of repetitions not the exercise itself.

May I suggest beginner callanetics, here is a small exert, the older woman is her mother who is in her seventies and was not able to do some of the exercises at first but as you can see is extremely flexible (much more than Me) now, also the younger woman that does some of the exercise demonstration in this exert is an instructor and therefore does the moves to perfection.
The beginner video is an excellent start to get to know the adaptations based on your bodies ability.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y6f...feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyda...feature=related

Callan Pickney suffers from Scoliosis, so I knew that her exercises would not be hard on the back, she is constantly reminding you through her video's how to not hurt your back but stretch it.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Scotiagirl

Last edited by ScotiaGirl : Mon, Aug-10-09 at 19:19.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Aug-11-09, 07:19

Oh THANK YOU so much for that information! I think I'll try to order the beginner one.
I think someone in this thread (or in a jounal I read shooting off this thread) mentioned having the book. Is having the book a plus? I'm wondering if it explains the correct positions better, etc. That's something that always concerns me. I use a mirror, but still am never sure I'm doing it correctly.
Just thinking about the possibility of finding an exercise program where I can SEE results, motivated me to walk a mile last night. Granted, it was not a real fast pace, but at least it was 1/2 hour of movement.
Thanks again!
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Aug-11-09, 07:31

BF:

Hi cat, the book came out first and then the video's, the book is good but certainly not necessary. In the video's she explains a lot of variations, my suggestion would be to get the beginner video, watch it first, try some of the positions, figure out the most comfortable one for each exercise, come ask me questions, then once you are comfortable with that video, start and do what you can and work up to the reps, but atleast try each exercise in the order given. She is really quite an excellent teacher, she knows when you are tensing up and tells you how to release it, she also has wonderful stretches and tells you how to "protect your back", "stretch when your body wants to stretch" not when you want it to, "never force yourself", it will happen when it happens, she truely believes that we are all different with different abilities. It is not a "do it this way or you fail" exercise video....that is why I like it so much, I do what I can and attempt others, but I never feel like I fail because I can't do something "perfectly" or do as many reps...I know it is something I can work up to.

Hope this helps
Scotiagirl
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Aug-11-09, 08:52

Thank you! I'm off to look for beginner callanetics and get it ordered now!
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Aug-11-09, 19:12

Plan: Keto and IF
Stats: 181.3/180.6/160 Female 5' 6"
BF:-63.1/-21.3 to go
Progress: 3%

Hi Jo-Anne,
I was just checking in to see if you were on and see how ur day went. Hope it went well.
Mine was pretty okay. I forced myself to do a dance workout on the ddr. Got a good sweat but my energy wore out quick. I still made it through for an hour. My meals today wasn't much. I was feeling a bit picky. For my breakfast/lunch I had a can of tuna with mayo and seasoning. Then for my late dinner cause I didn't start cooking till almost 7 was 2 baked chicken thighs and salad with ranch dressing. And of course I almost forgot my coffee with creamer this morning. Lots of water.
Well have a good night and I'll be checking in on ya tomorrow.
Take care