Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-07-21, 14:27
Registered Member

Plan: LC + Noom
Stats: 200/190/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Goal -- 50 pounds in 5 months

I've never been successful at this but starting again at age 50! Going to Hawaii in 5 months and need to lose 50 pounds. Currently fat, old, tired, dumpy, and achy. Visualizing wearing a bikini and hiking on Haleakala! Started with bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Ready, start, GO!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-21, 07:43

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

A great start.
And a great reason to stay focused.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-21, 21:14
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
A great start.
And a great reason to stay focused.

Thank you! Using the Noom app this time with the low carb diet. Bought my first scale ever. Drinking water and working hard to stay on track. Day# 2!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-21, 01:36

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good luck.

Losing 10 lb/mo may be a bit ambitious. Depends on a number of factors. But it's not an outlandish goal by any means. And if you don't make it, you'll at least be a lot closer than you are now and that will certainly add to the enjoyment of the vacation.

Stay focused and keep your eye on the prize!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-10-21, 22:04
Registered Member

BF:

50 pounds is ambitious, but it's a nice round number and what I need to lose to just enter the normal BMI category. Noom seems to think I can lose 44 pounds by then -- if that happens, I would still be thrilled!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-21, 23:35
Registered Member

BF:

Down 8 pounds after 2 weeks and feeling more energetic! Less knee pain! Wow. 20 weeks left until goal.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-21, 12:40

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148.6/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 64%

It's great to have an ambitious goal, I really hope you make it! I hope you're aware that weight loss can be exhilaratingly quick with impressive losses in the beginning, and then it most definitely will slow down and almost creep along sometimes, so be ready for that and know that as long as you are being faithful to the diet and everything you need to do, it won't be your fault that it slows down, it's just your body. As you get closer to goal, you just can't lose as much as fast. Fact of life! So DO NOT let a weight loss slowdown discourage you, it's normal and it WILL happen.

I have learned over the last 20 years that one of the major factors in weight loss success is CONSISTENCY! Consistency with your eating is first—don't set yourself back with eating things not on the diet (bad binges can set you back a week or two sometimes). Consistency with any exercise you are doing. Consistency, consistency, consistency. Which is why I've always said, Consistency + Time = Success!

Hawaii is a fantastic goal. Picture yourself in all those nice, SMALLER, summer clothes that you feel great wearing again. Lose the weight (plus the fact that on Atkins you are ditching grains) and you'll be amazed at how good you will feel. Keep that vision of yourself in mind.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-21, 13:27
Registered Member

BF:

Consistency + times, yes! Going to repeat that like a mantra when things get tough.