Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: curves
Stats: 196/138/110 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress:
Default meat/eggs/atkins accel

hello, i am amanda, im new, i am doing the ff and im at the modified ff level now, i seem to have stopped losing again, im tempted to try meat and eggs but i am getting mixed info, can anyone explain it thoroughly and will i keep losing steadily when i go back to protein power induction after a fast cos whats the point if i gain it back. also does atkins accell tablets help break a stall???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 14:26

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%

I havent ever tried the atkins accel so I cant comment on that part of your question, but my opinion on that and all others like that, are if a pill could help make you thinner everyone would pop them and we'd all be skinny.

The meat/egg fast basics are.

Meat (unprocessed) no deli meat, sausage bacon exct.
Eggs
water- no soda, not even diet 0 carb soda.
the goal is to eat less than 5 grams of carbs per day for 3-5 days.

Please note you said you are doing FF and not loosing, I would like to add that the FF and egg/meat fast are not long term woe. You cant put your body through that, for extended periods of time. You'll wreck you matabolism. The egg/meat fast can only be done for 3-5 days once a month or longer. You shouldnt go from the fast right back into induction, you should on the 4th day go up to 10g of carbs on the 5th day 15g then after that back to induction.

Hope this helps.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 17:57
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

thanku for your advice, ive only done the ff for 5 days now ive modified it and plan o do it for a weak and then gradually get out of it, but i will consider the egg/meat fast then i think i'll do protein power from that, i lost about 4 stone on curves but i lost the plot, altho i havnt gained it back, i have simply stalled, ill see what happens, thanks again
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 20:15

Plan: low carb
Stats: 189/136/136 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Have to say you are doing awesome.!!

Keep up the great work.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 03:27
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

thanku, its so good to have support too. i had a few friends with me when i started out but they lost it and now ppl get kinda bored of me going on about how great ive done etc...lol so its cool to meet ppl in the same state of mind.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 03:29
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

ps, i guess i decided to look for online support because i am one of these ppl that recognises a diet change as a way of life and not a short term thing in order to maintain health and fitness, some ppl really dont get that with bthe whole low carb thing, its great to talk to ppl that do...
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 14:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 123/117/112 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hello -

I have been LCing for about 6 mos. and had two weeks at Disney so OF COURSE fell of the wagon...sigh... I can't even fit into my fat clothes! So I am going to do the M/E diet for 3-4 days then hop back onto induction to force my body into a harsh treatment. Let me know if you decide to do this as I could really use some encouragement!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 13:36
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

i havent decided to do it yet as i have just upped my carbs abit and cals after the ff and now im losing steadily again...woo hoo, but i am exercising everyday too and watching my calories dont get too high so its not all just a breaze...if i stall again i will definately do either the ff for just a few days or m/e i think its fone if you dont do it too long and add back things slowly...good luck with it...