Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-01, 20:51

Plan:
Stats: 300/260/160
BF:
Progress:
Question carb addicts diet

Hi I am new to this and just started the carb addicts diet today. Has anyone else tried this diet and what type of tips or results have you had? It seems like one I might be able to stick to. I sure would appreciate any input from all of you!

Thanks J
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 09:42
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Janet, welcome aboard.

First, an apology, you posted this message while I was tinkering and upgrading the forum, and it was lost, till I found it today

Would you try something for me, post a reply here or post a test message in our test forum, just to make sure your account is working properly.

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 09:59

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hey Janet! Welcome!
Although I do not follow acrb addicts, just wanted to say hi! You'll find a lot of helpful people here!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 10:43
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Janet,

Welcome to the board!

I think there are a few people around here on CAD. The only thing I know for sure is that you you have to follow the guidelines of your reward meal strictly to prevent insulin spikes and carb cravings.

I can't do CAD because it would start me wanting more...sigh...carbs!

Keep us posted.

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 11:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/176/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%
Thumbs up

Hi Janet, good luck starting your new way of eating!! I am on Atkins because for me, I need the tight control of my daily carb intake or I end up eating a small nation's deserts in one sitting LOL.

There are so many well informed and educated low carbers in this forum and I am sure you will find the support you need to keep you going!!

Good luck!!!

Stina
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 09:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins mix of sorts
Stats: 174/168/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi, Janet:

I'm new, too. In fact, this is my first posting to the forum though I've been lurking for about three weeks.

I am on Carbo Addicts Diet and love it. So far - since the 10th of this month - I've lost 9 pounds and I feel much better with a lot more energy and drive than before.

I think that diets may be unique to each individual and what works for one may not work for another. This one works for me and I find it very easy to stay on it because I know that I have a one hour window of opportunity to eat those potatoes or that piece of pie. Also, I don't have to cook "special" meals or prepare different foods for myself as this diet lets me eat dinnr with the rest of my family.

Surprisingly, I've not craved the carbs and I don't find myself pigging out during the reward meal. Plus, I've pretty much eliminated my midnight snacking and my "sleep eating". [Yes, I used to eat in my sleep. I would find wrappers and empty bowls all over the house and food stains on the front of my nightgown yet I'd have little - if any - memory of it. How's that for pathetic???]

Give CAD a try. I'm very pleased and I don't feel deprived at all. Best of luck to you!

Regards;
Sandy
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 09:41
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the board Sandy!

It is great to have some CAD'ers around. How many other CAD'ers are lurking out there?

I've always though the name of the plan was a bit odd and should possibly be changed to the Carbohydrate Non-Addicts Diet. If your a carb addict (like me), how can you eat carbs? LOL! Anyway, I'm envious of those who are comfortable with CAD. Dessert once a day...sigh...

You are completely correct in saying that diets are unique to each individual. No matter what plan each of us starts with, as we go along, we learn what is required for our individual needs.

Quote:
Originally posted by mtnlaurl
Hi, Janet:

I've pretty much eliminated my midnight snacking and my "sleep eating". [Yes, I used to eat in my sleep. I would find wrappers and empty bowls all over the house and food stains on the front of my nightgown yet I'd have little - if any - memory of it. How's that for pathetic???]

That is too funny! I've never done that but I've had "using" dreams. A brownie will have fallen off the counter into a pile of nasty looking debris and I'll contemplate picking it up and eating it. Then I wake up. LOL!

Karen
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 13:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi sandy and welcome! wow, you've lost a lot of weight already! that's great! seems like you're right into lowcarbing! hope to hear a lot from you!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 20:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins mix of sorts
Stats: 174/168/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. Karen, I also wondered how CAD could be "carbo-addicts" and still allow a regulated portion of carbs during that 1 hour window. For me, at least, I think a good part of it is psychological. I turn down carb laden foods during the day with the thought that I can have it if I really want it during that "reward" hour later in the day. BUT . . . by the time the "reward meal" comes around the tempting tidbit is long forgotten and my impulse to have it is gone. Plus I learned the hard way that eating too many carbs during that reward hour produces a hangover that is almost equal to one from cheap wine. Ugh . . . don't want to do that too often!

Ain't the mind a wonderful and mysterious thing?

Debbie, it looks like you and I have a lot in common. Close in height and beginning weight and our goals are similar. We'll have to hang close together and see what works for each other!

My eldest daughter is getting married this Friday and we're having a small reception at home. The menu is packed with low carb items but - as MOTB - [Mother Of The Bride], I will certainly indulge in a small piece of wedding cake!

Here's keeping my fingers crossed that I can get that cake out of this house in record time!

Sandy