Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2326   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-20, 08:25
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 200/186/135 Female 61in
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hello,
I hope someone is still posting to this place.

I remember reading the book by the Hellers a few years ago. I did some internet searches and found this board. I have been reading all the posts that people made over the years here. I really need support so I hope it hasn't gone dead.
Sponsored Links
  #2327   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-20, 14:44

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Hi CarlieW,

It's not dead, and I think is read by a few, just no one posting. I am most often posting in my journal, and not solidly on plan atm, but love CALP, and would be glad to answer any questions, if I can.
  #2328   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-20, 19:12
Registered Member

BF:

Hi patriciakr,
I am glad you are still here. I will have to visit your journal.
I remember the basics from reading the book back in 2010. I feel like it was the second version that I read though. Knowing me I probably read both. I did find a food list on a website called ivil.tripod, but it has shut down. The information is still there, but not the people. I am so glad I found this board and that someone is still posting. I discovered a lot from reading the old posts here. I am going to read them all. I started at the beginning and I am working my way forward.

Today was officially day 1
CM: 2 eggs, bacon, coffee
CM: pizza bowl (beef, tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni) cucumbers
CS: celery, cream cheese w/ a shake of lemon pepper
RM: chicken/cheese quesadilla, salad (greens, tomato, cukes, celery, almonds, garlic, ranch)
  #2329   ^
Old Fri, Mar-20-20, 03:58

CarlieW,

Congrats on the day one. I know I have always felt much better fairly quickly once back on plan. I love to cook and amend recipes to make them cm compliant, and would encourage you to check out the recipe forum on this site, some of the recipes are perfect for cad or calp. I also list recipes here and in my journal

I have my favorite online recipe creators as well, one in particular, Mellissa Sevigny of ibreatheimhungry dot com.
  #2330   ^
Old Fri, Mar-20-20, 15:34
Registered Member

BF:

Day 2

I will try that website. I could use some inspiration for lunch!
I know that soy flour is on the CM food list, but I can't find it anywhere. I wonder if coconut flour would be an acceptable substitute.

B: 2.5 oz goat cheese, coffee
L: bacon, eggs, celery, 1 oz cream cheese
S: slice of turkey and slice of colby cheese wrapped around mini cucumber
D: will be...lightly floured chicken breast, broccoli, mixed green salad (viniagrette, garlic, tomato), fruit salad w/ pecans & yogurt

Feel free to critique my menu patriciakr. I am open. I don't have the book and it has been a long time since I read it.
  #2331   ^
Old Sat, Mar-21-20, 05:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlieW
Day 2

I will try that website. I could use some inspiration for lunch!
I know that soy flour is on the CM food list, but I can't find it anywhere. I wonder if coconut flour would be an acceptable substitute.

B: 2.5 oz goat cheese, coffee
L: bacon, eggs, celery, 1 oz cream cheese
S: slice of turkey and slice of colby cheese wrapped around mini cucumber
D: will be...lightly floured chicken breast, broccoli, mixed green salad (viniagrette, garlic, tomato), fruit salad w/ pecans & yogurt

Feel free to critique my menu patriciakr. I am open. I don't have the book and it has been a long time since I read it.

I am sorry to say, but no flour is on the cm food list - at least not in calp. (I never read the cad book, and it is one of the few by them, that I never bought).
I hesitate to do any critique when I am so off plan at the moment. I'd rather share recipes that I know are tasty and compliant, for you to enjoy

If I see something egregious, I will gently point it out if you wish
*I did a quick search to see if I could find a list of cad cm foods and did find one of the Heller's sites, several recipes, one of which used soy flour in making zucchini latkes - their note was that after cad, research showed zucchini should not be on the cm veggie list, so they recommended the recipe only be used for rm - not mentioning the soy flour as an issue. So...pulled out my calp book, and soy flour is not listed on the cm lists for that plan.
If you can, I'd try to see if your local library (once we are all allowed to go out again...) has a copy or can get one for you, so you can copy the cm foods list from their cad book.
Perhaps someone reading will share their cad book's list of cm items.
Sorry if I am confusing the issue!

Last edited by patriciakr : Sat, Mar-21-20 at 05:40.
  #2332   ^
Old Sat, Mar-21-20, 11:44
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you, patriciakr, for looking in your books! You didin't have to do that, but I appreciate it!

Well...soy flour is not a deal breaker. I just thought I remembered it. I do need to get the book. I wish they had an ebook, but I guess that will not happen.

The zucchini doesn't worry me either because I don't like it.

I am OK with your input on my menus even if you are not on plan right now.
  #2333   ^
Old Sat, Mar-21-20, 18:33
Registered Member

BF:

Day 3

B: coffee, cream, boiled eggs, turkey sausage
L: turkey/salami roll ups, goat cheese, cucumbers
S: almonds (I know...I was struggling though)
D: cheese burger, 1/2 ciabatta roll, broccoli, salad (greens, vinaigrette)

When I look at my weight goal, it feels impossible. 120 is so far away.

Last edited by CarlieW : Sat, Mar-21-20 at 18:43.
  #2334   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-20, 04:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlieW
Day 3

B: coffee, cream, boiled eggs, turkey sausage
L: turkey/salami roll ups, goat cheese, cucumbers
S: almonds (I know...I was struggling though)
D: cheese burger, 1/2 ciabatta roll, broccoli, salad (greens, vinaigrette)

When I look at my weight goal, it feels impossible. 120 is so far away.

It is so doable though - and nice to know that Spring/nicer weather is on its way. I truly believe that if you commit (yeah, look who is saying this, miss how do I flip that switch again?), then you know you will get it done, it's just a matter of time. As you start to lose it just feels better and better
  #2335   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-20, 06:12
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/carb cycle/IF
Stats: 226/213/160 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi CarlieW. I am not currently following CAD but check in here from time to time. There is a Facebook group that follows CAD that is fairly active and very supportive, if you'd want to check it out. https://www.facebook.com/groups/245.../announcements/

I included the link above, but if it disappears when I post this, just go to Facebook and search for Carbohydrate Addicts Diet (CAD). I'm sure they'll welcome you on board.
  #2336   ^
Old Sun, Mar-22-20, 08:13
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks sharonef! It's nice to know that others are working with this plan too! I will check it out.

Thanks for the encouragement Pat. You'll get back at it too. I know I have to be mentally ready before I make big changes in my life.
  #2337   ^
Old Sat, Apr-18-20, 05:50
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Happy April 18! Just wanted to send a shout out of encouragement to anyone on CAD, CALP or any of these plans.
I'm still at home, still on CALP, and doing fine. Hope you and your loved ones are all safe and healthy too.
Stay safe and stay on plan! Being healthy and eating the way your body needs to be fed is another way to take care of yourself with kindness and love during this awful crisis.
  #2338   ^
Old Sat, Apr-25-20, 13:47

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Being healthy and eating the way your body needs to be fed is another way to take care of yourself with kindness and love during this awful crisis.

So true Eno. Thanks for the encouragement.

Hope you and your family are keeping safe and well also.
  #2339   ^
Old Sun, Apr-26-20, 05:49

Maryh, how are you?! How did you handle Easter (drop by my journal and catch me up?)

#2340   ^
Old Sun, May-03-20, 08:19

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Patricia,
I'm doing good Thanks.
I have been back at work for a pharmaceutical wholesale company these past few weeks. Paracetamol flying out the door. Its only temporary.
On the whole i'm happy and this covid crisis has been motivating me
to guard my health every way possible.
Not technically 'on plan' but try to stay as low carb as possible during the day.
I don't always stick to the low carb food/ 4g Carb food advice, but do try to remain under 10g carb overall at one time or around that.
Too little carbs and i just cannot function...i also can get extremely dehydrated if i'm not careful so i do feel the need for more carbs for that reason alone.
I feel the healthiest and most balanced i'm been in a long time...digestion, energy, weight, sleep and appetite wise. So am thankful.
Things did get 'wobbly' over the Easter when i had the food 'troublemakers' so am just staying abstinent most days of the week if possible. Its easier for me.
How was Easter for you? Such strange times here now.

So sorry to read you are having a hard time with one of your knees. Hope there is some way to ease the discomfort. Would the whole Rest, Ice, elevation and gentle movement help? Psysiohotherapy?

I'm surprised to learn you had the Dubliner cheese there too...think that's Irish also. Its quite expensive here too.
We love one from Aldi...its a vintage white cheddar cheese!