Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Sat, Sep-22-07, 08:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 178/153.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Ok, I just found this thread and it looks like its dieing out! Nooo! I'm from Battle Ground, Wa, 20 mins from Portland. I'm a born and raised Oregonian girl and a lo carber as of August again. And I'm loosing super slooooooooow. So I'm constantly hording the sites of info on stalls. Hope everyone crawls out of the woods and gets back on here!
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-07, 00:34

Plan: Good healthy LC
Stats: 20/20/16 Female 5'6"
BF:sz20/sz20/sz14
Progress: 0%

Hey portland people! I'm in P-town too!
  #198   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 16:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/115/- Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default I'm Still Here!

No worries, many of us are still here... just not as many posts, so not as many replies!

I can offer weight loss advice, and hope to be able to answer any questions you may have regarding, plateaus, weight loss, getting started, maintenance, recipes, products, and so much more!

Its great to see you on board here, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Brynn
Eugene, OR
  #199   ^
Old Fri, Nov-02-07, 20:54

Stats: 228/155.5/145 Female 5'3
BF:not anymore
Progress: 87%

Portlander saying hello. I wondered if we have any local low carb stores still around? Do you have any suggestions where to get several low carb product wihout ordering online.
thanks
  #200   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-07, 17:52

Stats: 153/115/- Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Holding on...

Hey PdxCutie!

It is true that many of the local shops have gone under, as they were unable to compete with the big box stores bringing in lc products; The irony of course is that those same big box stores dropped lc products from their shelves in favor of items that have a higher mark-up and faster turnover.

At one point, in Lake Oswego (right off of I-5), Low Carb Nation was holding its own. I had heard recently that they were selling the business, and I am unsure if that ever happened, or if the new owners continued with lc products.

I myself still have a small shop in Eugene, and you are welcome to visit anytime. I do have limited days and hours, but I am available for appointments as well.

Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions, or were looking for a specific product.

It is so great to see the chatter increasing a bit on this forum! I have so much info & support to share, I look forward to spending more time messaging everyone!

Sincerely,
Brynn, brynn~choiceshealthfood.com
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-07, 22:02
Registered Member

Stats: 194/162/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Hey Homies I live in Longview and just started back on the LC track. I went off thinking I could handle it boy was I sadly mistaken My system was so confused after 12 years of LC it went crazy and I gained 28 pounds in 3 months. So I am a LC for life.
  #202   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-07, 06:18

Stats: 228/155.5/145 Female 5'3
BF:not anymore
Progress: 87%

blustrs,
Thank you for telling me about lowcarbnation. I rarely make my way to Eugene but if I am in your neck of the woods I'll let you know.
Thanks