Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-15-06, 21:56

Plan: No. This wasn't my plan!
Stats: 185/185/145 Female 5' 7"
BF:Don't go there
Progress: 0%
Default Losing and Regaining the same five pounds!

Could someone be so kind as to direct me to where I might find some information on stalls? I think that I've been losing and regaining the same five pounds for the last year. I can't seem to break the "cycle" no mater if I starve myself OR if I work myself to death (okay, death is kind of a dark term, but you get my point). Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-06, 18:36

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaholic
Could someone be so kind as to direct me to where I might find some information on stalls? I think that I've been losing and regaining the same five pounds for the last year. I can't seem to break the "cycle" no mater if I starve myself OR if I work myself to death (okay, death is kind of a dark term, but you get my point). Thanks in advance

Your body may be trying to tell you that you are already at a good weight for your height/frame.

You certainly look great, and quite slender, in your gallery photo. Are your listed stats correct?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-18-06, 10:42

Plan: Self-Made LC
Stats: 255/129/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 120%

#4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-06, 22:11

Plan: Low carb/Low cal
Stats: 210/160/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I had to read this post again. I thought I was the original writer as I have been having the exact same problem. For the last few weeks, I have gained and lost the same five lbs. So I'm guessing that this wasn't a real loss from the beginning. It certainly is frustrating!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-01-06, 10:08

Plan: atkins maintenance
Stats: 185/133.6/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Yep, I know how you feel. >.< Wish there was some way to get this stupid last few lbs off.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-01-06, 14:12
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

I still have far to go in terms of my goal and it's been ages since I've gotten past the low 180s, which makes me wonder about my body and "set points" and all that.

My only consolation is that I know I have plenty more I can be doing...stallers, calories, more exercise. It's just annoying when you think what you're doing SHOULD be enough, right?

Guess this is what they mean when they say YMMV...

P.S. I too have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds and I totally feel your pain!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-06, 17:31

Plan: Organic Dukan Attack
Stats: 132/129.4/116 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Food allergy or intolerance may be the problem

I check in here once in awhile (when I am particularly bored at work) and I thought I'd reply to this thread because I have had success overcoming this exact problem. Check out "The False Fat Diet" book by Elmer Haas (sp?). It gives a game plan for finding out if you are eating anything that is causing your weight to stay stuck higher than you want.

His theories proved right on target for me. I was able to sail past a 5-year stall and keep the weight off simply by eliminating certain foods. Eating those foods kept my system permanently bloated and inflamed.

My waistline shrank, my belly flattened and my weight stays down almost effortlessly. (If you can call avoiding ALL food additives, wheat, corn, and refined sugar effortless!) Once I started reading labels, I found I needed to eliminate 99.9% of all the processed food in my diet. Basically, if it comes in a can or box with a label of ingredients, I probably can't eat it.

HOWEVER . . . .The pay off has been more than worth it. I am now at the weight I only dreamed of for years. And the persistent sense of bloat and midsection tenderness is a distant memory. I eat a wide variety of fresh or frozen (unseasoned and unsweetened) fruits and vegetables, plus uncured/unprocessed meats, eggs, butter, goat cheeses and goat milk, avocados and nuts. I avoid like poison white sugar, wheat or corn in any form, and absolutely ALL food additives (preservatives, flavorings, etc.)
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-06, 18:17

Plan: My own.
Stats: 121/121/110 Female 5'3"
BF:21.4/21.4/19.5
Progress: 0%

I am in the same boat. I am so freaking close to my goal! But I know it's my fault. I do great, lose the weight, then something happens. Christmas cookies (whole wheat and splenda, but they're still carby), etc. BOOOO! I just had surgery today and couldn't eat all day (surgery was 2:30). Now I'm dizzy from the anesthesia, so I am probably only going to eat a few pieces of cheese tonight. Maybe that will jump start it if I'm extra good the next week.