Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 11:54

Plan: atkins/warrior
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

hi k.anne! youre just one county over!
becky
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 06:42

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 286/207/115 Female 5' 0"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi K. Anne!

They say we are getting snow today... doesn't look like it this morning... but boy is it dark and dreary this morning.

Phyllis
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 08:29

Plan: Curves
Stats: 289.5/254/170 Female 5' 6.5"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Talking

Becky--
I used to live in Bucks County when I was growing up. Well, at least for 5 years of it. My older bro lives in Bucks County.

Phyllis--
Snow today? Oh my. Thast means people are going to be running to the store for milk! And here I am in need of milk for the kids. Guess I shall be part of the melee.

It does look awful dark and dreary out. When my oldest DD asked why that was so I told her it looked like rain. Now I know it's snow!

DD will be glad that it's snowing. Then she'll be dissapointed because it won't be enough to go sledding.

K. Anne
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 08:54

BF:

K. Anne,

Well, I wouldn't worry too much, if I were you. If they predicted correctly and it does actually snow, I can't imagine that we would get that much or that it would really stick. It has just been too warm. It was raining at my house this morning. (Bucks County... near Doylestown.)

For your daughter's sake and my dog's sake, I hope it snows a little. My dog has been so depressed the past few days because the snow has been disappearing. He finds such joy in snow!

Have a great day and weekend,

Phyllis
  #50   ^
Old Mon, May-09-05, 22:28

Plan: none
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 22%

AH! What happened to all you fine Pennsylvanians? I just stumbled upon this thread and think it's worth posting on! The snow is gone and rain is but a distant memory here Southwest of Pittsburgh. That being said, we'll have rain with a 90% chance of snow showers for the next 3 weeks. Guess I won't be opening the pool anytime soon! Best of luck to all of you! Hope to see some new (and old!) posters!!
  #51   ^
Old Tue, May-10-05, 07:01

BF:
Smile Hi Juli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli_G
AH! What happened to all you fine Pennsylvanians? I just stumbled upon this thread and think it's worth posting on! The snow is gone and rain is but a distant memory here Southwest of Pittsburgh. That being said, we'll have rain with a 90% chance of snow showers for the next 3 weeks. Guess I won't be opening the pool anytime soon! Best of luck to all of you! Hope to see some new (and old!) posters!!

I'm still here! A 90% chance of snow showers for the next 3 weeks???!!! Really???

You have a pool? How wonderful! Our neighbors just put in a pool. Actually it isn't quite finished yet. I know their kids are going to love it! We, on the other hand, are dreading the noise. It won't be a problem for a few years but we know when they hit thier teens it is going to be LOUD. We are going to try to plant some trees on the property line and hope that they are large enough, by the time they hit the teen years, to block out the neighbors back yard and hopefully some of the noise.

What gorgeous weather we have been having! I pulled the convertible out of the garage and went cruising with the top down yesterday. What a wonderful feeling!

Wishing everyone a great week!

Phyllis
  #52   ^
Old Tue, May-10-05, 12:05

Plan: none
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi Phyllis! Glad to see you are still here! No, no snow or rain forecasted, but with this being PA and all, you never know! I know what you mean about the noise. Our neighbors behind us have a pool also, and have had some loud get togethers! They aren't that close to us, so it was never a big issue. I think I was more jealous that their place was jumpin' and ours was quiet and boring! I think planting trees is a great idea! Much prettier than a fence, and you get some privacy as well as your neighbors!

SO glad you pulled out your convertible! Must have felt wonderful!! Have a great one!
  #53   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 09:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/245/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: -7%

Hi fellow PAers! I live in Bucks County now but also once lived in Monessen for years and also in the Wilkes Barre area. I thinking about moving West soon.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 05:55

BF:
Smile

Hi NKA

I'm in Bucks, as well.

Phyllis
  #55   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 09:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/245/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: -7%

Hi! You are in Upper Bucks and I am in Lower. I love the area that you live in. My area is more like Philly (yuck)
  #56   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 19:57
Registered Member

Plan: 2/26/05
Stats: 280/280/170 Female 5'7
BF: tub o' lard
Progress: 0%

hi there, I grew up in the Beaver County area, I now live in Florida.
I would like to go back and visit sometime. I love the fall up there, it is my favorite part of the year! Absolutley beautiful, I miss the hay rides and pumpkin patches!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-05, 09:13

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nka
Hi! You are in Upper Bucks and I am in Lower. I love the area that you live in. My area is more like Philly (yuck)

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond... we were on vacation in Italy and Switzerland.

Yes, our area is beautiful!!! Well, I'm sure being so close to Philly is nice when you are looking for something to do... so many attractions and activities in the Philly area.

Are you planning to go to the Live 8 concert? I heard last night that it is going to be free. That would be so cool! I would love to go but I am not really fond of large crowds... a bit claustrophopic (sp?)... and they say that they expect about a million people.

Have a great week!

Phyllis
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-05, 09:21

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainyday68
hi there, I grew up in the Beaver County area, I now live in Florida.
I would like to go back and visit sometime. I love the fall up there, it is my favorite part of the year! Absolutley beautiful, I miss the hay rides and pumpkin patches!

Hi Rainyday

What part of Florida? I am actually from Alabama. I lived in Jacksonville for about two years when I was in college and my parents live on the Alabama / Florida border (Orange Beach, AL). My brother is currently in the Orlando area (actually Winter Park)... he just graduated from film school so I don't know how much longer he will be remaining in the area.

I moved up here to be with my husband (he grew up in the Doylestown area) and have been here for almost 10 years.

Fall has always been my favorite time of the year, as well. Unfortunately, you don't get much of a fall in Alabama (not south Alabama, anyway). That was one of the most wonderful advantages of living up here... I just love fall! The winters, on the other hand, are a totally different story!!!!

Have a great week!

Phyllis
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-05, 10:55

Plan: atkins/warrior
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

HI everybody!!!I have been gone from the forums for a long time, but in my defense, my life was totally nuts for a while. no excuse... but still. Anyway, I've been bad...so bad...but I restarted Atkins last week, and I am ready to get back on track. My DH is doing low fat, so its going to be a pain to shop for two different ways of eating, but I am ready to do this. I am looking forward to talking to my buddies from pa, and encouraging each other. Have a great day, and GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Becky
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-05, 08:05

BF:
Lightbulb

NKA,

Wow, I just realized you were in Bristol! I don't know why I didn't notice that in your information. (I was responding to a post that Becky made in my journal and saw that you had stopped by her journal so I dropped in on yours and then saw the post she left you where she mentioned that you were in Bristol... well... then I looked up at your info and there it was!!!!)

I lived in Yardley for about 8 years and my husband worked in Bristol for several years. I still visit to shop at the Big Lots from time to time... although they recently opened a new Big Lots in our area and it is right by a new Tuesday Mornings... HEAVEN!

Well, now that I know EXACTLY where you are... I have to agree... Bristol is a bit dreary. Of course, I only saw parts of it where Russ worked and where I shopped, etc. I am sure that I didn't see it at it's best.

Have a great week,

Phyllis