Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 10:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 57/56/50 Female 165
BF:
Progress:
Default Induction Phase Sample Menus Please

Can you give me an idea of a sample menue you eat each day and snacks. I am finding this very restrictive and would like to know how people are varying the induction phase to keep them going!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 10:31
Registered Member

Stats: 210/171/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Here is everything I eat that I can think of off the top of my head--I only eat stuff that's EASY to make:

Take pepperoni (I prefer Turkey pepperoni), spread out on paper towel and microwave until crisp. Then put on plate and top w/ shredded cheese to make little nachos.

Salami w/ Cream cheese

Swiss cheese w/ mayo, wrapped around bacon

Cucumbers and blue cheese dressing

Cauliflower recipes---fauxtatoes, mock rice, etc

Salmon w/ Tarragon Sauce---broil salmon steaks for about 8 minutes and top w/ sauce that is combo of 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup shredded mozzerella, and 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, and broil another minute or two.

Steak topped w/ blue cheese

Crock pot!! Put in a roast and top w/ diet rite cola, or put some frozen chicken breasts in and top w/ salsa.

Chicken Wings...YUM!!

QUICHES! Seafood quiche, cheeseburger quiche, etc. Let me know if you want recipes for these.

Eggs!! Scrambled, boiled, or you can fry plenty and eat them all week..they re-heat well! Also, we like to scrable a bunch w/ cheese and crumbled sausage and eat all week. They're good topped w/ sour cream or salsa.

So, these are my staples....Hope it helps!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 10:49

Stats: 57/56/50 Female 165
BF:
Progress:

Thank you for that. I dont eat bacon or cheese with meat or eggs but this list is sort of what I am eating right now...we are allgoing through the same thing huh?!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 10:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Since Feb. '04)
Stats: 213/206/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

SkinnyBeth, I'd love to see those quiche recipes. Thanks!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 11:08
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Here's the link to Seafood Quiche . Instead of swiss, I sometimes like to use sharp cheddar, and I HIGHLY recommend using less onions!!

Here is the link to Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche. Use cream instead of half and half, and again, I like cheddar instead of swiss in this one....

Ozprincess--you said: I dont eat bacon or cheese with meat or eggs but this list is sort of what I am eating right now...we are allgoing through the same thing huh?!!

I'm not sure what this means! hehe...does it mean you don't mix these foods or you don't eat bacon or cheese? Hmmm. I'm not finding that I'm feeling limited w/ these items. I like looking through low-carb recipes and I find plenty of new stuff. But I can see from your profile that you've been on Atkins for two weeks...if you're bored, maybe you should move on to OWL?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 11:40
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You can make dairy free quiches or omlettes to keep kosher. Make an omlette and use spinach (frozen cooked with all the moisture pressed out) mixed with a little mayo to hold it together.

(do you eat bacon or pork at all?) You can try bacon fried cabbage if you do. Just cook the bacon, then fry shredded cabbage in the grease. When yoru done crumble the bacon into the cabbage. If you don't use pork at all you can fry it in butter and maybe use turkey bacon if you really want the taste.

Salads of course are huge with me. I can eat salads with cubed meat all the time. Find a nondairy dressing or make your own and enjoy throwing meat and hard boiled eggs in to make it more of a meal.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 12:06

Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

sliced turkey...you could roll it up in a leaf of lettuce or eat it plain

chicken breast (I buy the teriyaki grilled breast at Sam's...it has a couple of carbs but not enough to worry about)

steak

boiled eggs

string cheese

scrambled eggs (I add cheese)

fried eggs

bacon

smoked sausage

tuna with mayo on cucumbers

salad, salad, salad

Once I get past induction, I'll add in lots of things. Browsing through the recipes online gets me drooling! Induction is tough but it's only for a couple of weeks. After that, there's plenty of variety to keep it interesting. Hang in there!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 14:52

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

I love making Salads! You can make all different kinds, tuna, chicken, turkey, add hamburger little salsa, sour cream and boom, Taco salad.
Stuffed Mushrooms, with onion, beef, cheese
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 15:07

Stats: 120/112/105 Female 5.1
BF:unsure
Progress: 53%

SkinnyBeth---
Thanks for those recipes. The seafood quiche sounds great! I just printed it out...

Ozprincess---
One of my friends is on atkins and she hates eggs (which definitely makes it a lot harder), but she does like deviled eggs for some weird reason. Maybe you could get creative and try shrimp deviled eggs or chicken deviled eggs...I have tried everything once I think! Do you like chicken salad or tuna salad? I also make crab or salmon salad with just mayo and salt and pepper. It can be a good change of pace from just chicken, beef, chicken, and more beef.

Get a good low carb cookbood and experiment. I love Dana Carpender's 500 Low Carb Recipes!

Good Luck--
Jenn
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 17:15

Plan: South Beach-ish
Stats: 170/134/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 72%

SkinnyBeth, You said "Crock pot!! Put in a roast and top w/ diet rite cola,..." Im interested in trying this! I love cooking in my crock pot for my fiance and I and do roasts all the time but never thought about adding diet rite! Does it give it like a sweet flavour or something? So its good? Where did you get the idea for this! hehe thanks!
Brittany
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 08:45

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyBeth

Salmon w/ Tarragon Sauce---broil salmon steaks for about 8 minutes and top w/ sauce that is combo of 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup shredded mozzerella, and 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, and broil another minute or two.

I tried your sauce last night OMG it was wonderful!! Thanks for posting it.

Jenn
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 10:20
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
I love cooking in my crock pot for my fiance and I and do roasts all the time but never thought about adding diet rite! Does it give it like a sweet flavour or something? So its good? Where did you get the idea for this! hehe thanks!
Brittany

Hmmm, I just remember hearing about people pouring a Dr. Pepper or Coke on their beef, so I tried it w/ Diet Rite. It wasn't really sweet, but I do think it made it pretty tender.
Quote:
I tried your sauce last night OMG it was wonderful!! Thanks for posting it.
Jenn

Yay! That makes me feel good! I found it in some low-carb cookbook, and made it because it was the ONLY easy recipe in there, AND it made me eat Salmon---and I know I have to eat Salmon because it's so good for me...
Quote:
SkinnyBeth---
Thanks for those recipes. The seafood quiche sounds great! I just printed it out...

I hope you end up liking the seafood quiche...I'm making some this weekend for my lunches.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 11:27

Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Boiled Shrimp dipped in hot butter; fish filets topped with cream cheese (can you have cream cheese on induction?) anyway, if not, melted with butter on top.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 22:29

Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Here's the link to Seafood Quiche . Instead of swiss, I sometimes like to use sharp cheddar, and I HIGHLY recommend using less onions!!

hi skinny beth - just wanted to say thanks for the seafood quiche. I made it this evening and it was wonderful. My dh keeps saying "that's a keeper!" Our favorite quiche is a salmon quiche that uses almond "flour" in place of the wheat flour for the crust and it is good cold or warm.

If I can figure out how to post a recipe I'll post it.

Thanks again,
Pecan Pie
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 00:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: ***/***/*** Female 62
BF:
Progress: 3%

wings
fajitas
taco salad
burgers