Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 08:52

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Smile Green Tea aids in Weight Loss?

I posted this on the Atkins Board but was wondering if anyone has found success drinking Green Tea and LC - - has it sped up your weight loss? I started drinking Green Tea because I like the flavor and the health benefits it has (anti-oxidents) but also noticed that I dropped 2 lbs in last 4 days - - much faster rate than before....also I feel less bloated (water retention)...

ANyone else have anything to share as to whether they found it helpful in your journey?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 08:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/120/122 Female 5 feet 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 107%

Hi Yvonne326,

Are you drinking the tea in addition to the 64 oz water? I also like the taste of green tea, especially the health benefits.

Is there any special brand you are drinking?

Magic
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 09:10
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Yvonne236

I have heard that GreenTea is supposed to speed up the metabolism and is a natural diruetic. I have been drinking it lately
unlike you I don't like it but I have stopped drinking coffee because of the caffeine and find that a warm drink in the a.m. helps with going to the bathroom (sorry) I am drinking it today hoping to help rid myself of some fluid I seem to be retaining.

I get nauseaus drinking more than 1 cup of tea unless it is very very weak, and even then I still feel ill sometimes. Does anyone else have this happen. I have heard it is the tannic acid that causes this.

#4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 12:07

BF:

I am drinking 72 oz water AND 16 oz of green tea a day for the last 4 days. I bought Celestial Seaons but I have authentic japanese green tea at home I received as part of a gift basket this past Holiday Season. Either way, whether it has a part of my weight loss whoosh or not....it can't hurt

Regular tea (like Lipton) gets me nauseas but not green tea or herbal teas.

Last edited by yvonne326 : Mon, Feb-24-03 at 12:16.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 12:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/120/122 Female 5 feet 2 inch
BF:
Progress: 107%

Thanks for the quick responses.

When do you have any time to eat when you're drinking all that water and tea?

I'm drinking it to replace coffee in the morning. I'll add a couple more cups every day and see if it helps me lose more than an oz a day.

Magic
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 15:28

BF:
Thumbs up

I am up usually at 5am and in bed by 10pm. At work it is easy - - I get in around 8:00 a.m. and make sure I drink at least 3 24oz bottles before home. I drink a cup of tea here and there and drink an additional bottle of water between dinner and sleep time. Only problem is the weekends when I am running around town with errands, chauffering kids, etc....I tend to barely get 64 oz down. Have to work on that.