Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-11, 07:49
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%
Default Subscription woes

did y'all get the subscription thing fixed?
i have to add the same subscriptions to the same threads, everyday.
if i didn't lose it, it says, "unsubscribe," but the majority of threads keep getting dismissed from my list...

any progress on this situation?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-11, 07:58
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
did y'all get the subscription thing fixed?
i have to add the same subscriptions to the same threads, everyday.
if i didn't lose it, it says, "unsubscribe," but the majority of threads keep getting dismissed from my list...

any progress on this situation?
heya Lynne,

It appears you've set your default subscription mode to "Do Not Subscribe". Please go to the Edit Options page of your user control panel and scroll down a bit to the Messaging and Notifications section. There you can set the default to subscribe with or without email notification, whichever you prefer. Don't forget to hit the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page

hth

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-11, 20:04
Registered Member

yeah, all of my subscriptions are "no email" but i see which threads get postings..
my journal, for one, keeps disappearing from my list of subscriptions.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-11, 21:44
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

My journal disappears from my subscriptions too. I have them all set to no-email, I just visit my subscription page to see if there's anything to read.

I tried to see if setting it to weekly updates might help it from disappearing and it does... so far.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-11, 22:43
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
yeah, all of my subscriptions are "no email" but i see which threads get postings..
my journal, for one, keeps disappearing from my list of subscriptions.

No, the Default Thread Subscription Mode setting in your profile is still showing as Do not subscribe. You must go to the Edit Options page of your user control panel and follow the steps I outlined in my post above. Until you do that, you will have to keep manually adding each thread at a time as they disappear .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
LC My journal disappears from my subscriptions too. I have them all set to no-email, I just visit my subscription page to see if there's anything to read.

I tried to see if setting it to weekly updates might help it from disappearing and it does... so far.

Nancy, you seem to have the same situation as PilotGal .. the default setting in your profile is set to Do not subscribe. Please change the settings on the Edit Options page to subscribe with or without emails, whichever you prefer.

Here's the link for both of you .. http://forum.lowcarber.org/profile.php?do=editoptions

Doreen

Last edited by doreen T : Tue, Feb-22-11 at 22:49. Reason: added link
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-11, 22:51
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

That sounds weird.
Quote:
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

That doesn't sound like what I want. I haven't tried it, but I'd hate to be prompted each time.

When I want to subscribe to a thread I go into Thread Tools and subscribe to a thread. I set Notification to None. For the most part it works. But I did have my Journal disappear from my subscriptions once.

Anyway, I'm happy with how it's working at the moment.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-11, 03:35
Registered Member

i guess can keep subscribing everyday to my own journal...
this is a new problem.
i haven't changed any of my settings in years...
i've always had everyone on No emails..
i go to User cp and see who's posted without getting a ton of emails.

i guess i'll live with it.
it's annoying, though.

i'll try the weekly updates to see if that keeps the subscription from disappearing.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-11, 03:40
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
No, the Default Thread Subscription Mode setting in your profile is still showing as Do not subscribe.

Here's the link for both of you .. http://forum.lowcarber.org/profile.php?do=editoptions
I don't want to subscribe to every thread i post in.
i just want a No Email on my subscriptions.
i don't want to get blasted with emails.
i just want to see which threads have been posted to from my User CP page...

i haven't changed settings since i signed up here in 2003.....
now i'm losing threads...
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-11, 19:19
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

I just wanted to say that I am having the same issues, and have been for at least a couple of months now. I haven't changed anything either, but have lost subscribed threads repeatedly, even after re-subscribing to them. My own journal has also disappeared many times from my userCP as well.

I like to click onto my user control panel and see all the threads all bolded, and catch up to threads I've been reading/posting to, plus all of my friends' journals as well.

Something went weird in there a couple of months back. I'd ask a question somewhere, and get seemingly no replies. Go back looking for the actual thread from the main forums days/weeks later, only to see that there were replies. I felt foolish and wondered it I seemed rude for not replying back etc. Thing was, I didn't know or see that anyone posted any replies to my question.

I was just reminded to finally speak up about this, because once again - I didn't see any updates to a friend's journal, and had to go looking/hunting for it, and found that there were posts - just that I don't see the updates anymore. Once again, I resubscribed to friend's journal (I've done that with several threads and have had to do it again and again sometimes).

I thought it was just me.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-11, 19:22
I've decided

Hmmm....I'm looking at the link Doreen provided, and it does say 'do not subscribe' on mine too, but the thing is, I wanted to opt out of receiving umpteen e-mails, and just view subscribed threads on my userCP. This used to work just fine for me...

Wonder if something's changed?

I'll set my preferences back to daily e-mail notification.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-11, 19:27
I've decided

Aha! I think this might work:

From the options panel (link that Doreen provided), select "no e-mail notification" instead of "do not subscribe".

This has got to be it. A way to maintain your subscriptions in your userCP without getting a ton of e-mails.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-11, 19:36
I've decided

Sorry for the post-a-thon here, but just posted this in my journal in case anyone else is dealing with the same issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruskiss
I *think* I may have fixed my long-standing disappearing subscribed threads/journals problem. I found a thread in the technical section of the main forums, and PilotGal had asked about the exact same problem.

There's an 'edit options' section in the user control panel - mine was inadvertently set to 'do not subscribe.' I don't remember doing that, but maybe I did? Have no idea. Thing was? I didn't want instant, daily or weekly e-mail notifications anymore. Just wanted to keep accessing my subscribed threads directly from my user control panel.

The wording is a bit tricky - you have a choice of: do not subscribe, no email notification, instant e-mail notification, daily e-mail notification and weekly e-mail notification.

Mine was showing 'do not subscribe'. I changed it to 'no email notification' - which I *hope* means "subscribe, but don't send me a kazillion e-mails."

#13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-11, 22:23
Registered Member

i subscribe to my own journal 2x a day because i'm not getting notices on my own journal that someone has posted in it.
i have all my chosen threads as "no email notification" but i'm losing threads..
they're not showing up when someone posts to them....

this sucks.