Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-14, 10:32
The Patient Loser

Plan: LCHF/keto
Stats: 165/159/135 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Ha ha, I knew what you meant!

GREAT job with your vacation exercise! Wow!

I hear you on the water weight--I think I've got that going on too right about now. Water weight, be banished!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-14, 11:20

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

ok...so the site ate my last post...

Anyway,
Monday: W&K with 2 pound weights
Wednesday: W&K again.

I'm thinking next week I'm going to try to add back in the yoga video. I might be able to handle it.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-14, 11:37
The Patient Loser

BF:

DO IT! Yoga is so awesome. I'm positive you can do it!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-14, 11:40

Plan: Atkins/Keto-Queen
Stats: 257/151.0/150 Female 5-8
BF:
Progress: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessdamess
ok...so the site ate my last post..I'm thinking next week I'm going to try to add back in the yoga video. I might be able to handle it.

who is your instructor....just curious. If you want to just do like a wake up stretch for like 1/2 hour there are LOTS of youtube videos. Will keep you stretched out and the juices flowin until next week. Just a thought.

Have an amazing day
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-14, 12:33

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

Question--are you able to take walks? I'm not dissing yoga, but walking can be a big help. And no, you don't have to be nuts like me and take near-three-mile hikes around the neighborhood at five-thirty in the morning.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-14, 12:44

Plan: Atkins/Keto-Queen
Stats: 257/151.0/150 Female 5-8
BF:
Progress: 99%

The good doctor says....45 minutes a day ...... hearing the "rocky" theme as I type this......LMAO!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-10-14, 14:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandalayVA
Question--are you able to take walks? I'm not dissing yoga, but walking can be a big help. And no, you don't have to be nuts like me and take near-three-mile hikes around the neighborhood at five-thirty in the morning.

I live in the country. And the way the people drive around here, if I actually tried to walk on that road, I'd be dead. The best I can manage is walking laps around our property, which I used to do, but it is hilly and BORING. But I may still do that occasionally. The kids think it's great fun to come bother me while I'm trying to do the laps. That stretches the time out and just pisses me off. They have an awesome backyard. Why do they have to come bother mommy while she's walking in circles like a loon?

Diane, it's a Denise Austin video and it moves quickly through the positions at times which gets my heartrate up. Full sun salutations broken up by variations of warrior, tree, chair and balancing stick. I like it, I just wasn't in good enough shape to do it without dying.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-14, 10:02

BF:

Friday: W&K with the same weights as always. Added just a few arm movements when there weren't any and walking back and forward a few steps when it was stationary time. Wiped me out. Huffing and puffing a bit at the end. Pathetic. I think I'll be needing some miracle broth later today when my appetite returns.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-14, 10:12

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

Eee, I hear you about the country roads. When I lived in the 'burbs I couldn't walk either between the soccer moms weaving all over the road in their massive SUVs yakking on their phones and the perverts leering "Hey, baby, wanna ride?" and following me. Ick. But on your property--maybe with some music? Just wandering around listening to tunes, no set agenda. Whatever works.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-14, 10:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandalayVA
Eee, I hear you about the country roads. When I lived in the 'burbs I couldn't walk either between the soccer moms weaving all over the road in their massive SUVs yakking on their phones and the perverts leering "Hey, baby, wanna ride?" and following me. Ick. But on your property--maybe with some music? Just wandering around listening to tunes, no set agenda. Whatever works.

It was nice, so yesterday I walked 1.5 hilly miles around the yard. And the kids actually left me alone. And played frisbee with the older ones.

Today: No exercise, but there will be yard-play this afternoon. And sweating. Ahhhhh summertime.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-14, 12:53

BF:

Saturday:
Walked 2 miles around the yard. Then went on to play Frisbee and Zombie Tag with the kiddos. Sore the next day? Definitely.

Monday:
W&K with the weights. The exhaustion from no sleep made it harder, but it's done. I may try to walk the yard this evening if the weather holds. Or run
around with the kids.

EDIT: I played Zombie Tag and Obstacle Course with them after supper and then walked for about 15 min around the yard. Between my exercise this morning (what the Fitbit would record of it. It doesn't like stationary steps much or kicks), playing with the kiddos, and the walk, I got about 8400 steps which translates to almost 4 miles of ambulation.

Obstacle Course is a game where each person takes turns constructing a crazy obstacle course in which each person competes to get the best time. They love it. And it IS pretty fun.

Last edited by jessdamess : Mon, Jul-14-14 at 18:40.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-14, 13:06

BF:

Wednesday: W&K with the hand weights. I'm pretty sure I turned into the Red Hulk when the kids bugged me during my workout. Scary stuff! Further exercise today depends on how long it takes me to grade and assign the bigs work for tomorrow. Year-round schooling...yippee..
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-14, 13:47
The Patient Loser

BF:

You are an exercise machine, Jess! I love that you play with your kids so much, I was always too lazy for that! Good momma, you.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-14, 11:27

BF:

Naw. It's nice out, and I want them to move while they are out there. So I have to lead the way.

Thursday:
Wanted to do the yoga, but my destructive little genius was in "mommy mode" and he was all over my mat and in my way. So walk video it was. I did Walk Strong. A Sansone walk interval that switches from walking/kicking/kneelifts to periods of strength training (isolating arms and squats). It was ok. I used 2lb weights throughout but next time will have a set of heavier ones for the weight-specific exercises.

Maybe some outside time later. It's been really nice this week.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-14, 14:42

BF:

Sunday: PM play with the kids outside. About 1 mi worth of steps.
Monday: W&K (AM), soccer (PM)
Tuesday: Walk Strong, using 2lb weights and changing to 2.5 for strength training intervals.

Wed: nothing so far. Hoping for the weather to cooperate so I can at least play outside with the childrens.

Thursday: (tomorrow) camping till Sunday.