Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 18:54

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default re: what do you eat

I love to eat and I really enjoy cooking and coming up with new exciting things to excite my taste buds.

Often however dinner is a rush so a typical dinner would be,

Steak or chicken with herbs or spiced and served with salad. My salads are made up of mixed lettuce leaves and then I add some sliced red capsicum, cucumber, red onion, snowpeas and some sprouts and cherry tomatoes. I dress them with olive oil and they taste great. I also add herbs like corriander or basil if i've got it.

One thing I do is i make a large salad - enough for 6 people. That way it's ready to take to work or if i'm out shopping. I don't dress it until about to eat it. That way it will last for up to 4-5 days (if there's any left - also i use cherry tomatoes because you if you don't cut them they will not make the salad mushy)

This is one of my favourite stand by meals.

Re meat, i am not too adventurous, or maybe i'm impatient so i like to have something easy. I often use rubs. What's a rub you ask. To make a rub use a 1/2 cup of olive oil and add your favourite seasoning. Rub it onto both sides of the meat and let it sit for 10 - 30 mins. Easy. Store it in a jar if there is any left over. You can make pepper rubs, spicy rubs etc.

Any of the sommersize books are worth getting. She has some great recipies in there. Dinahb you could start with any book. I found mine at the local library. I like them all. Prob my fav is 'eat great lose weight'.

ciao for now
Rai
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 19:29

Plan: food combine/sommersize
Stats: 143.5/140.5/125 Female 63 in
BF:24/23.5/20
Progress: 16%

thanks rai -
i know youre in this game like i am, but you seem to be somewhat expereienced and foudn things that work for you, which is inspiring.

water
yes it's good, but with food combining, ihave to time out my water intake so that i drink 15 minutes before any food, and don't drink till 2hours after food. for it to feel allright, because i read drinking fluids w/ food slows down digestion. what doyou think.

i also know it's good to drink like a gal of water a day. i have no problem drinking lots in themoring and during work outs.
i'm considering taking a break off work, (where i sit at computer all day) to train and be the best athlete/dancer/stunt woman i can.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 20:34

http://www.trustedhands.com/content/fcintro.html

what do you guys think of the FIX it list at the bottom
this is new to me
it's weird
doesnt' make sense
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 05:36

BF:

Ptouch I personally don't buy into all that water malarky. I drink when i'm thirsty and I don't worry about timing my intake. I have read about waiting before eating but once I have started eating I go for it if i'm thirsty. Now that i think about it I do tend to drink more between meals but i don't worry about waiting 2 hours. Maybe 1/2 hr.

Anyone else have any thoughts on drinking?
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 20:33

well inotice if i don't drink while eating, i don't feel as bloated. and waiting atleast 1 hour AFTER a meal makesme feel better

i feel great today . worked out, 45 min then loadn gon eggs and protein and i findu can eat more when u cut out c arbs!

i starting eating babybel low fat cheese
good protein and low fat and my belly can take it! i used to feel gassy eating cheese but it was cuz i was mixing it w/ all sorts of starch. i even drank organic milk today and so far i'm not too gassy. i saw my abs more definited today.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-06, 12:09

Plan: food combining
Stats: 150/150/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

skinnyray - i checked out that EFT site and i found it very interesting. I gave it a whirl, trying to beat the "sweets craving". so far i think its working but time will tell. i haven't really felt any noticeable changes in my weight this week, actually i feel like i've stalled. maybe this is why i need to jump on that dang scale , who knows i may of lost 1 lb or even .5 lb. i'd be happy with that. i have noticed and read on ss site that cream cheese/cream can cause alot of stalls. i've been eating cream cheese desserts every night and its hard to stay away from. I LOVE MY SWEETS!!

as far as my other meals, i have eggs/sausage for breakfast (2-3 days during the week i'll eat fruit); mid snack, 2 hard boiled eggs; for lunch its tuna/chicken/salmon/beef with a salad, i recently started using olive oil and lemon juice for dressing; snack a hard boiled egg or a piece of cheese; dinner i'll have chicken/salmon/beef/pork with steamed veggies and a salad. i drink water thruout the day, about a gallon and i don't follow all those rules either. i usually don't drink anything about 1/2 before i eat but sometimes its hard and i usually drink water right after eating but very rarely during my meals. in the morning i drink decaf green tea or herbal tea.

i haven't worked out all week but i like to strength train at least 2 days a week, do a pilates tape one day and cardio (treadmill or aerobic tape) 2 - 3 days a week.

I have a question you might be able to answer skinny ray. in suzanne's book she talks about hormonal imbalances affecting your weight loss. my husband and i are trying to get pregnant and i had to see a fertility dr. he said my estrogen levels are a little low. could this be affecting my weight loss? he hasn't given me anything for this becuz we'll be starting fertility treatments in the very near future. i was just wondering. i would love to lose just 10-15 pounds before i get pregnant and most likely will follow this woe but on a level 2 basis once i am pregnant. if anything, i feel so much better eating this way and my ibs has gone away.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-06, 15:09

skinny ray -
i read you journal but i'll post reply here so kashmiere and others can see

i ate meat today too. i had a coupel bites of filet mignon, (crazy, i'm converted from vegetarian now, to eating beef sometimes) and a little fish, and couple bites of lobster tail.

they have catered food here. it's nice, free, and good quality.

figure, eh why not, it's protein!

i definitely notice loading up on pro makesme not want cookies and starch. thanks for those words rai, it rings in my head when i get a craving, to eat a piece of cheese

i eat cheese now too!

i thought it would really cause me gass but it wassn't too bad.

where does chocolate fit in? i really want dark chocolate sometimes, but i know food combinging says no desert.

i have done 4 days of meat/fish/eggs/veggies/ only too

i feel great tho ugh. definltey better mood and feel energized.

whatsup w/ your ccno? u still doin that?

what is Atkins induction style intake

well all ican say is eat pro if u want bread!
i
so yo're gonna eat lo carbs now?
like what kind of carbs

my energy seems pretty high loading up on protein.
although i did get gassy after eating a bite of filet mignon, a bite of lobster tail and a some fish all in one sitting.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 05:46

BF:

I'm just stopping in to say hi and I haven't abandoned you guys. I'm dog tired from doing a full day workshop today (practise of EFT) but I will return soon and answer some of your questions.

Hope you are all well

blessings
Rai
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 12:21

Plan: food combining
Stats: 150/150/135 Female 64 inches
BF:

Hello Where has everyone been lately? Well i'm into my fourth week of food combining and honestly i can't see myself eating any other way. i have never felt better. i know when i was doing the body for life plan last year i working myself ragged and eating good but i never saw any results. i always tracked my food intake on fitday and i know my fat was very very low, but yet i never saw the results i was looking for. i just noticed that in the last week not only do i feel better, but now i can see a slight difference in my clothing and i swear to god my hair grew overnight, no more ibs problems and i sleep so sound! the weight is coming off slowly but hey, it's working right. i didn't put 20 lbs on overnight and i'm not going to lose it overnight either. I got back to my workouts again. Treadmill m & t and today i did a cathe tape, cardio & weights. boy do i remember when that workout used to be so easy and today it felt hard. I haven't worked out since the end of dec. religiously. i was starting back in jan, then i got ill, then at the end of jan i had to have some surgery and that set me back and then i started again when i started this woe then i got sick again and finally i'm back to normal. i'm trying to lose a few lbs before our 1 yr wedding anniversary coming up here in about 5 weeks cuz i know we'll be celebrating good. it'll probably set me back a few but i'll get right back on plan afterwards. my hubby is planning on taking me to niagara falls for a few days. i know i'll pack snacks that are allowed on plan and i'll eat right for my meals but i might cheat on some wine or champagne and a piece of dessert. i know thats bad but c'mon, its our first anniversary!!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Mar-29-06, 14:29

Kashmiere-
i've been posting on my journal, check that out, u should start one too, and writing to ray on her journal, u should check hers out. i'm stilll here.. loks like ray is moving on to atkins, which i'm intersted partly in to but not totaly cuz the idea ofeating so much fatty stuff like bacon is a turn off. and i can't ditch the fruit and veggies yet.... maybe for a meat and eggs fast... it's really interesting the discussions about ketosis. u should check out the meat and eggs forum. tell me what u think. for now i'm continueint food combinging, low carbs... it's slow but i see my abs today. the scale doesn't move much but i see and feel a difference
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 03:50

BF:

Hi there....i just want to say i'm don't think i'll abandon food combining but atm i am adding the element of atkins when doing pro/fats meals. Actually i'm doing all pro/fats so i guess i am doing atkins.

Anyway i'm still here for you guys
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 07:06

Plan: between plans again
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5' 9"
BF:

I've been lurking in this thread for a while.

I have not really been following any plan properly for the last 8 months. Well, not with any success anyhow. I just recently decided to get back into food combining and give it a real shot, since it had worked for me so well in the past. I have been trying to do stick with "Fit For Life" for two weeks now.

My problem is that I start out following Fit For Life, then I eat with some of Suzanne Somers' rules, then I eat mostly low carb/Atkins style, then throw in a carb meal (a la S Somers) and then I want fruit since it's encouraged on Fit For Life..... its a jumbled mess in my head.

I flip flop around to make these rules apply to whatever the heck I feel like eating at the time.....therefore...I fail!!!!

I'm just in the remorse stage of a silly binge from last night. I suppose that this is a confession of sorts.

Here we go again...another day, another start. Say three Hail Marys and move on. Uggh.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 07:42

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Default Persist...

Hey Bet,

Saw your post and thought I would pop in to say hello and keep your head up today... I know what you mean about following different plans... For me it is the same issue, I like sweets and healthier carbs (but have yeast overgrowth) and try to incorporate them at different times. When I want sweets I am trying to plan for them by doing the CAD approach. In a given day if I want a healthy carb I try to follow the Insulin Resistance Approach or Suzanne Sommers approach... It is difficult for me to follow Atkins strictly because it does not provide enough variety and eventually makes me sick to my stomach because if I go too low in carbs, my depression worsens...

Think about the foods that you enjoy, that you find you cannot do without and find a plan that works to suit those needs. Otherwise, you will find yourself binging more and more...that has been my experience and is my new approach... As well as adding good, healthy fats such as the sinful butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fish oils, etc...

Have a good day and PERSIST!!!

Persist

When you're weary, it means you've been making a difference. Keep going and see it through.

When each obstacle is more difficult than the one before, it means you're making real progress. Persist, and make it all count for something great.

The exhaustion you feel is preparing you for the sweet taste of accomplishment that is surely to come. Every effort you make serves to give that accomplishment more value and meaning.

Sure, the way is difficult, and by moving through each difficulty you're creating something that can never be taken away. Keep going, and enjoy the priceless reward of knowing you did it.

As the path become steeper, it means you're nearing the summit. Now is when it's especially important to keep climbing.

Your efforts have already brought you a long, long way. Persist, and enjoy the full rewards of your labor.

-- Ralph Marston
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 16:28

hey guys just so u know i still believe in food combining, but i am going to try a meat/egg fast for th enext couple of days... just to see ... i been loading up onprotein, totally cut out starches/carbs grains etc for like 9 days now and i feel so hype! i been workin gout every day, dan cingand full of energy... i want to feel ketosis so here i go. wish me luck!
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 22:26

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

GOOD LUCK...I am so unable to do those meat/egg things...