Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 02:21
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgonyla
I just started Relacore this week and I honestly can't believe that it has just KILLED my apppetite. I almost had to remember to eat yesterday. It's been really amazing. It's too early for me to tell if the inches are peeling off but the benefits so far are great. Not at all speedy, but good energy, relaxing, feels great. Again, for something to kill my appetite, well that's monumental.

Keep us posted!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mommies!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 10:09

Stats: 265/247.5/145 Female 5'4.25"
BF:50%/46%/15%
Progress: 15%

Found Relacore today while at Osco Drugs. It was only $29.99 and the website pushes it for $49.99, hummm, so for those that want to try it but don't want to spend $50, visit your local Osco drugstore.
  #48   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 15:48

Plan: low carb for life
Stats: ???/???/??? Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

WOW! That is an amazing price. I have looked for this item online and in the stores but never seen it that low. Great shopping Vanity3.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 02:50
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

No change yet. But I have loads of energy and don't feel so moody anymore.

#50   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:02
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Down an inch from my waist.

That counts right I mean it's damn close to my belly area.

Loads of energy too. I just wanna exercise all day long to burn the energy away.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 11:51

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic
Stats: 245/167/180 Male 71.5
BF:30%/11.4%/9%
Progress: 120%

Wow, I'm definately going to research into this more...
  #52   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 12:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%

got a bottle on ebay for 29.99 free shipping, just took my first tablet, will report back if and when i notice any change!
  #53   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 14:59

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%

started taking mine today also
  #54   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 15:53
Registered Member

Stats: 140/131/105 Female 2.8 MM
BF:23%
Progress: 26%

Anymore updates?
I'm so anxious to go out to the store and buy it.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 19:00
Registered Member

Stats: 198/162/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 62%

Curious...if you stop taking it...I assume your belly would come back? Also...do you think you could cut back the dose to 1/2 dose? The possible facial hair thing makes me nervous. Interesting though...I'll keep watching.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 22:27

Plan: low carb for life
Stats: ???/???/??? Female 5' 11"
BF:

Ladycody,
I really didn't want to make anyone nervous about the face hair. I just happen to be one of the unlucky few that did react to the DHEA that way. My naturopath did say only a small percentage would react. I don't recall exactly why I did though. I just wanted to give a heads-up 'just in case' someone did develop this hair they would know why instead of just being frustrated forever before getting answers. BTW, I take a product called Cortitrol which has many of the same properties as the Relacore but it doesn't have the DHEA. I have been taking for quite a while and I really like it. Blessings, Karen
  #57   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 00:38
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

No facial here thank God.

But I'm happy to report another 2 inches gone from the belly area.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 01:32

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 214/175/155 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default DHEA in Relacore

Ok here's the deal with DHEA...it's a natural hormone that we all have in our bodies. It used to be called the "anti-aging hormone" or the "stay young" hormone.
As we age, the amount we have in our bodies decreases. Men after the age of 40 can usually take about 50 mg and women only need about 25mg (if they want to take it) It's now only sold OTC at 25 mg unless you go to a specialized store where naturopaths work.
The amount in Relacore, unless you are YOUNG and/or super sensitive to natural hormones, wont really affect much. ALSO in fine print on the bottom of the box there should be a warning ( I believe) about taking it if you are under the age of 40. Another good reason why NOT to buy stuff off the tv or online!!
I've been working in natural remedies for about 8 years. it's my life and NO i'm not certified in naturopathy, but i love what I do and research everything new and everything that I sell.
If ya need anymore info...lemme know. I'm honest and if i dont believe in something I wont lie to make a sale and I certainly wont lie on here (cuz I'm not selling anything) LOL
Have a good one
  #59   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 01:39
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicfrog
Ok here's the deal with DHEA...it's a natural hormone that we all have in our bodies. It used to be called the "anti-aging hormone" or the "stay young" hormone.
As we age, the amount we have in our bodies decreases. Men after the age of 40 can usually take about 50 mg and women only need about 25mg (if they want to take it) It's now only sold OTC at 25 mg unless you go to a specialized store where naturopaths work.
The amount in Relacore, unless you are YOUNG and/or super sensitive to natural hormones, wont really affect much. ALSO in fine print on the bottom of the box there should be a warning ( I believe) about taking it if you are under the age of 40. Another good reason why NOT to buy stuff off the tv or online!!
I've been working in natural remedies for about 8 years. it's my life and NO i'm not certified in naturopathy, but i love what I do and research everything new and everything that I sell.
If ya need anymore info...lemme know. I'm honest and if i dont believe in something I wont lie to make a sale and I certainly wont lie on here (cuz I'm not selling anything) LOL
Have a good one

I pulled out my box and looked at it and it actually does say in the back not intended for use under the age of 40. Small letters but it's there. I didn't notice that before.
Well, it's working for me, no side effects so I'm happy. Thanks for the info though.
  #60   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 06:10

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicfrog
Have a good one

im 22 and just started taking it.. what sort of problems could it cause younger people?