Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#136   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 08:57

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Nic....you are SO right. I have no business complaining about a bit of rain and a soggy golf course when so many people are losing their homes to the fires. Just horrible. Even here in PA, so many people are suffering flooded homes and lost property. I need to gain a bit of perspective.
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 16:33

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:)
Nic....you are SO right. I have no business complaining about a bit of rain and a soggy golf course when so many people are losing their homes to the fires. Just horrible. Even here in PA, so many people are suffering flooded homes and lost property. I need to gain a bit of perspective.

And going back and reading what I wrote, I think I sound like a little prat, so thank you for not taking it in that way. I was in no way trying to lecture you!

In other news, today I tried the Rebel Creamery chocolate ice cream. I saved the chocolate and vanilla for last because I didn't think I would like them as much. Well, I really liked the chocolate. It reminded me of a Wendy's Frosty. I like that they are not terribly sweet and they come guilt free. I've lost daily so they aren't causing any kind of a stall or anything.

I'll try the vanilla in a couple of days, once the chocolate is gone.

Today's food:

coffee, hwc, st/er
Br: LC waffle, bacon
D: piece of leftover roadkill, green beans
  #138   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-18, 18:04

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Another day in house selling hell.

Really want to respond to some posts today, several things caught my attention, but it is almost 7pm and we just stopped working for the day. Started at 8 AM. And I just can't get all of it out of mind enough to focus on anything else.

Best news of the day for us. We have had several people tell us we're nuts to try to do even the living room and dining room floors, particularly on our time schedule. Today hubby's cousin's daughter and husband were working with us all day, as well as my neighbor and another amazing pal. (They are all angels of generosity.) Hubby's cousin's daughter is a real estate investor, not a flipper, and has bought and sold 13 homes, some rentals, some not.

She said, absolutely not. She said offer an allowance for the floors, if and when it comes up, and that the proper time to do this is either when the house is empty, i.e. after it's sold and before they move in, not to mention the fact that they may prefer a different stain. Dark floors are really in right now, but they cost a bit more to do. Etc. etc. And, that our demo in selling this home is not a first time home buyer, but someone w/some cash under their belt, because that's what it's going to take to get into this house in this neighborhood.

SO, we're not re-doing ANY FLOORS. Which is what I said from the get go till I got seduced by the "wow" factor as our realtor put it. We can give up a bit of wow and money to not have to do this at all.

We are SO relieved I can't tell you. We are one month from our on the market date, and STILL much to do. She is so great, smart and practical to the bone. "It's more important for you to get your house on the market sooner than later and you're going to kill yourselves trying to add in floors." Funny thing is, it's her father, who was here last weekend and who we also adore, is one who was really pushing us to do the floors. LOL, she said, "don't listen to him on this."

Here's what else happened today. We went to paint the tool shed, and same gal got stung by a wasp, looked up, and there was a big fat nest under the eaves. Hubby got a bee bomb but we have to wait a day or two to paint it. Otherwise, we got a ton done. And maybe it gets painted and maybe it doesn't. That's my attitude now.

Off to binge on Aleve, a cold shower and my book.
  #139   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-18, 05:38

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue....I think you got some really good advice about the floors. If someone really loves the house, they will see past the floors that may or may not need done. I love your new attitude....if it gets done, it gets done.....if not *shrug*. I'm so glad you and DH are feeling a lot less stress since making the decision. Yikes on the wasp nest. I hope the bomb works and drives them away.

Jaz.....enjoy your "me" day. I hope you had a good trip and back to Greenville. I loved the pictures you shared.

Trig......are you home? I know you'll check in when you get settled in. When is your next adventure? Does DD go back to school next week?

Off to the golf course in a bit. Won't say anymore about that as I don't want to be complaining about the weather. It'll be fine. Life is good. Happy, happy, happy.

Time to rock & roll........later!
  #140   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-18, 06:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco I am wanting that ice cream, now cut it out HAHA
Super glad you found something to get the treat but let the scale work its way down......now do you only have a little? for me if I opened that pint, that pint would be gone instantly AND I would be eying another one LOL yea I am that bad for sure

Lori, hey I am the weather complainer to the max. For me I LIVE HERE....right in the present where the weather SUKS! and I am gonna spout it all the time.

for me the weather truly effects me to the max. I always opted out of NOT living in horrible weather areas but of course that is a privilege where some obviously do not have that option ever......but I live my life and my weather effects me big time so I will continue to be the top moaner of weather on this thread HAHA

but I get ya'll cause some things are just horrible out there in the world from weather to major horrors, but from what I read about all of us we are super fortunate gals here, lucky and we also worked to make that 'luck' thru life in many ways happen for us so we can take credit where it is due and leave some of the other stuff by the wayside and send some prayers out for others as needed in this big bad world!

Blue, smart gal. stop the insanity before it runs ya over like a freight train I will take some hit on sell price cause I am NOT re-doing barns and fences and other situations where they are gonna have to do it on their own damn dime my dimes are over on this place LOL

chillax! key world for you guys. you are almost there, ducks in a row and start going by your instincts vs. what others are forcing on you.....at some point ya pull back and say what do I think and do just darn that

laundry of course
unpack rv

have trip in Sept quickie to beach, gonna cancel. kid said nope, she is done right now so I think, fine.....$15 in cancel fee, rest back and I can put those bucks to her back to school....whatever at this point right now on trips. we all kinda wanna roost, well, I TELL her that but hubby and I would be off in a flash but for the kiddo noose around our neck but ONE can never say that in truth HAHA we all know it but can't say it LOL

got the Dec to Savannah trip and hubby is ALL about hunt time coming up so....

tired

and weather stinks here.
cloudy and tons of rain yesterday, made unpack almost a no go so a lot to do today

lost weather strip along side of camper? WTH? off it goes for fixing. don't get me started here on this crap

got big old chuck roast in crockpot. yum, can't wait for it.

back to stricter control of portion, kcals. must do right now.
need to focus ON ME and MY EATING and it is not about other's food now. All about me. my needs. Am I am going to do just that

chat up later guys! great day all
  #141   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-18, 07:41

BF:

Blue- YES. YES YES YES. I completely and whole heartedly agree, 100 percent. I know the house will look amazing and like you said, any buyer looking at an older house 1) knows there will be work to do and isn't looking for perfect and 2) will likely have some money in their pockets to do what THEY want and 3) stress reduction where you can have it at this point is key.

So glad you were able to get there, to that conclusion and that place.

Lori- Have a great time on the golf course today!

Trig- Welcome home, friend! I totally get wanting to be home for a while, especially after that challenging trip! I can't wait to hear about your trip to Savannah. It is supposed to be beautiful!

Does DD start in a week or so, or after Labor Day?

Jaz- You must be EXHAUSTED. I hope you can rest up some today. LOVED the pictures of our Mascot Baby!!

•••••••••

Trig, I do pretty well with the ice cream. I believe there are supposed to be four servings in a pint. I get three, but I don't measure. That is still pretty darn good. Still, if I ate the whole pint of chocolate, for example, it would only be 6 carbs.

Today was the first day of the scale holding steady in a number of days, but it was bound to happen. It was a great ride while it lasted! Keeping on with everything though, no worries. The wedding is a good motivator to keep on course.

DD and Fi want to take DH and I out to dinner tonight. Very sweet. I think they are feeling guilty over the bloodletting of money happening with the wedding right now, plus DS19's college just got paid for the semester and DD is now pursuing an online master's and her tuition is also getting paid. Just as a note on that, all three kids are each given college/education funds up to X amount and she had money left to use, hence why we are paying vs she is paying. Not to mention DS16's school tuition is ALSO being paid, but I have that set aside THANKFULLY because I would be throwing a screaming fit!

Have a "job interview" today at 5 but it is totally casual. I've put out an ad for, basically, step in child care relief. I don't want to be beholden to anyone right now, don't want a set schedule, want to be able to say NO or YES depending on my week etc but this would be for nanny cancellations, sick child care, that kind of thing. Occasional date nights. Just some change to jangle in my pocket.

Not too much else today but going into a fairly busy week. Won't be anything compared to the following week for sure!
  #142   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-18, 10:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Wiped out- in a wonderful way!!!!!!!!! - so after Greenville we then came back to Atlanta and had a few coctails then went to dinner to celebrate my moms birthday. We didn't get back until after 11- I was plum exhausted and it was in the middle of a thunderstorm. So I just crashed there.

Had coffee with her this morning- she really does love that. I am back home now- and have a TON to do. Need to run out for a minute and get a few fixin's to make chili for this week. I got a hankering!
Needs my waters- few things. Got laundry going and really have to hit the books hard this afternoon. Will be back on for personals- this afternoon!

ALL GOOD!!!!!!!-
  #143   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-18, 15:29

BF:

Long day on the golf course. I wasn't in a good mood right from the start....not sure why. Just felt like I was on the verge of tears. It was raining when I left home, but by the time I got to the course, it had stopped and didn't rain the rest of the day. This is the first time I've seen our whole course since the worst of the flooding. It is really unplayable. I can't believe they let us out on it. Many areas of standing water that is getting really gross....algae growing on it and mosquitoes loving it! We sprayed ourselves liberally with bug spray and I couldn't wait to get home and jump in the shower to get that off...ugh! I played pretty well considering the conditions, but it wasn't a lot of fun slogging thru the water and slime and mud. Hoping till next weekend conditions improve.

DH was at the little league world series games all day and now we are both "down for the count". I think I'll be heading for bed extra early tonight.

Hope you've all had a good Sunday!
  #144   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-18, 18:57

BF:

dot- back tomorrow........... with personals. Slept most of day. - didn't do much school - got what I needed most.

have a great night.
  #145   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-18, 04:37

BF:

Good Morning,

Lori- URGHhh..... I can't fathom trying to play in mud! How does that work? Would that not throw off your entire game? After all the point of the game is the "green". Wow- You would think they would have some point of drainage or something. Hopefully it will dry out. This summer has been wet and hot and humid for most of us!
Sorry that you were feeling like the weather- sorta down and blue!!!!

NIC- I loved your sentence "bloodletting of money"- HAHAHAHA- wow!!!!! I will tell ya you did right by your kids! My DD is putting money back NOW for the kids education! Smart! Somehow that was all missed on me! Those student loans will follow me to the grave!
So you want to do baby sitting? Hummmmmm- Awesome you can do that. I would not find that fun. I was thinking that someday I would be a pet sitter. Dogs only. -
I bet you are going to be busy this week. Something to do everyday now I am sure. Does your DD have a wedding planner?

BLUE- I passed on your info for table runner. My mom is so excited that you want one! She was talking about making a "book" of things she can make, and possible sell. (my idea). She was shocked someone might want to buy one! Stuff like that can't be machine done. I would rather have handmade anyway.
Now my grandmother made THE MOST beautiful quilts. I was hoping I would get one when she passed. But I didn't - I guess in due time!!!! My mom got 2.

Well how is the packing coming? This time is going to fly for you. You will be settled before you know it. Are you packing up your kitchen now? I agree with what everyone is saying- those people that are looking for those older homes know they are not the new perfect cookie cutter houses! I prefer them myself. It's a sellers Market!!!! You are in the captain seat!!!!

Trig- So you are back and settled? What a vacay you had! I think the kiddo has it right to say no a quickie another beach trip. I am sure she wants to get her self right before school starts.
As far as your WOE goes- I completely agree, it NEEDS to be all about you.
You and I share the portion control issue. I do love to eat! No pansy here!!!!!
I am doing more fish too- less red meat. Although I made a HUGE pot of chili and used chuck- so there ya go. I have a ton on it. I will end up freezing some too.
-------------------------------------------------
Guess who read her syllabus WRONG! Me- I have another huge paper due THIS WEEK. I could have sworn it was on week 9- not 7. SIGHHHHHHHHH- Really?!?!?!?!? totally my fault. I Have got to get my Shtt together. I only got a 86 on my last paper. That was disappointing. I spent so much time on it too! I was close to 18 pages and I worked on it 2 full weeks. Well now I have a week to produce and get a better grade. It is worth 30% of my grade. It can fail me. GRHHHHHHHHH-

I need a vacay- I am SO over this course!!!!! I have felt behind the 8 ball this entire class! I HATE that feeling. Its like swimming upstream. It's tiring on so many levels. I am going in for half a day and doing what has to be done and then I am going to leave.

I don't care what M might say. I AM leaving. I am telling her I have an appt. She doesn't need to know it's an appt. with my computer! At least I thought about it and know what I want to write about.
The thing is- I got dinged last paper for stupid mistakes. Citations and proper alignment of titles. Content was fine! But at this level it is unacceptable.

So - As expected I am holding water. I had my one meal yesterday- jalapeρo and cheddar wrapped in bacon- sausage. Oh yea I said it!!!!!!! Carbs ZERO- Sodium 100000000000000000 HA
Ask me if it was good- OH YEA!!!!! Topped with mustard. Yup!
I like doing just one meal on the weekend- it works for me.

Since I am leaving at lunch time today- I will just have one meal today. I have got to get a really GOOD start on this paper. I was going to just call in altogether. But I do have a few things - and a report due this morning.

I am thinking about a tuna steak today- it's thawed and ready.

Gotta run- have a great DAY!!!!
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-18, 05:42

BF:

Good Morning!

Geez, it's dark this morning! I've been up since 3:15....woke up and just was ready to get up. Anyway, now it's 7:30 and it seems so dark out. I thought it was supposed to be a nice day? Looks like it'll be a good day for a nap!

Since I was up so early, there is no way I'll be fasting today. I was hungry by 5AM! It seems like the fasting causes me to seriously go off the rails. I do good for a couple days, and then I eat stuff I know I shouldn't. Seem to be out of control. This week I'm going to concentrate on being very LC and eat when my body says eat. Planning a gym session for tomorrow at some point. This afternoon or this evening I may go out for a walk....need to move a bit at least!

Jaz...hope you get a lot of work done on your paper this afternoon. What a shock to find out that it's due this week!! Glad you looked at the schedule before the day before it was due! Yikes!

You do so well on the 1 meal a day....I thought I was doing well with only eating between 12 & 6, but it seems to backfire on me. Different strokes, right?

Hope you all have a great start to your week!
  #147   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-18, 07:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

nicco my kid said the other day she is sick and tired of me saying we are poor LOL I keep trying to tell her that money CAN be spent where it does the best good for all and some luxuries but every single want and desire can not be paid for all the time, at some point you do go poor in ready cash ugh....blood letting of money. whew. made my skin crawl HAHA

also what shoes are you wearing with your pretty wedding dress? just wondering, gotta get that whole mind pic of ya

Jaz, when is school done. what is this whole time frame on it til you can say, done deal, got a graduation and over? just wondering on it.

chillax time for you my friend enjoy that 1/2 day, well ya won't but at least you are at home doing what must be done and not in a stinking cubby....cubbys suks ya know. I was in one for many many years when I worked at CIGNA in corporate, while money was great I knew people should not be in cubbys HAHA...makes one brain dead at some point.

Lori ya got some rainy weather blues happening.
I know...I am right there also. DARK here also. no bright nice warm sun and my mind is on the pool and useless at this point, in fact it is CHILLY out there for being south and it irks the heck out of me to no end!!

Some things don't work. IF might be a short control but then you wander and wonder what the heck? Think back way in the past. What worked for the big overall plan that made ya happy? that is where you need to go....back to what worked. We all go thru the 'what if I do this change' and after a ton of bs we find our best spot is BACK where we lost the weight and what we did do LOL yea, people right....we change up what the heck did work so well and wonder? been there done that a ton of times HAHA

hey all
weather here stinks. dark cloudy misty rainy and almost chilly for what AUGUST SHOULD be in the south! ugh
wanted pool, ain't happening

off later to little smokehouse store down the road
I did crockpot chuck roast yesterday but put in some tomatoe sauce cause hubby loves that taste, I hate it.....ate a tiny bit, just not me, he inhaled it. AND I WAS thinking this food now must be ALL about me and I didn't make this big old crockpot about me at all HAHA I wonder sometimes about me so off to store to BUY for me

my newer puter takes like 1.5 hrs to boot up....yea, windows update killed me and Bro Rich is flying down Thurs. Will take to him to fix. Love having a VP of a computer company as a bro on this computer crap LOL
And hubbys puter is SO messed up....lost all the browsers, says it is in diagnostic run all the time to fix whatever after this windows update and it is bad compared to mine but taking to Rich for him to fix also. I tell ya, techno crap is great when it works, when it doesnt it almost shuts down your life....also taking kiddos new damn near $1K puter to Rich to clean up and check. she is running slow but who knows what the hell she does on it...

if I hear the word computer one more time ya know!

SO ready to go back to old days when none of this crap was thought of or even needed! Geez somehow people lived without it and lived great HAHA but then my cyber lc buds would not be around so that would stink

so my bank sent me a note....closing this branch Nov 9.....come on, what the hell here! my other bank left this town, went to BBT and now this branch is closing and come the heck on already!!!! have to switch banks now to the LAST one left in my little backwoods town and when the hell are they leaving? be nice to know but I must have a real bank for when I want real money or deposit checks or whatever but alot of this can all be done online but I STILL want a darn close real stinking bank in case ya know and all this crap is making me ticked off big time

then I got to deal with 401K from his work. need to get out of vangaurd to USAA and that will be a pain in the azz also

do you see my trouble here, I DESPISE having to deal with anything anymore HAHA but yet we all must. I want no complications or 'have to do' in my life and it seems one can never get past that unless I cash it all in and go live in a treehouse but then my treehouse would probably be attacked by EPA or something and I would be in a red tape mess or something with the courts....yea that is how it would go...........

ok, rambling
icky weather makes me mental
getting it in the head, sinus, not bad but coming, can tell a million miles away what will hit me
taking drugs now
realize I moaned too much about beach, at least it was the beach where I love and sunny, back to blah land here.....what the heck, darned if ya do and darned if ya dont......time to take stock in all the good around me
just in a rant mode ya know

tomorrow is short cut hair for kid and colored teal...omg! haircut for me.
next day is facial for kid and eyebrows for back to school
next day is orientation and get her chromebook from school
still need shop day for more shirts and backpack
then try to shut her butt down before 2am in the morning and back to reg. school sleep hours, that will be a trainwreck LOL

enough already, no more thinking about any of it

as you guys should do cause everyone has their plates super full time for all of us to say screw it HA!

great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, Aug-20-18 at 07:18.
  #148   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-18, 07:57

BF:

Ahahahaha Trig, you and I have the kids going back to school and having to work through their adjustment. I got DS16 up at 11AM yesterday and he was a GROWLY BEAR. I told him we needed to start working toward a more school-like schedule and he was so ticked off. Today I am getting him up at 10. I'm sure that will go over beautifully, but we need to go somewhere.

It is cooler here this morning too but I am your opposite and I am sort of loving it. I know the hot will come back soon enough for a bit but this taste of Fall is wonderful!

I NEED A PIC of the TEAL HAIR!! Must see it!

DS has no school supplies yet- the older he gets the less I care. A few folders, graph paper and some mechanical pencils are likely all I will do.

Sorry about the computer troubles. Glad Rich can help you out when he comes. If you didn't have a Rich to help you I would say GET A MAC. We've never needed help or service since we switched over.

Lori- IMO you totally have to do what is right for you in regards to eating schedule and even that will vacillate. But there is SO MUCH do this and do that and OMAD and FAST and KETO and LOW CARB etc etc that it is easy to feel like whatever we are doing isn't "right." And that just adds another level of, for me, sort of guilt and confusion, like if I am not doing X then I am not doing enough or whatever. And yes, if I muddle it up by doing certain things, then I also mess up. My best strategy is to eat when I am hungry. I prefer to hold off when I can (using coffee, cream, stevia) but you know what? When I push it, I will mess up, almost guaranteed. So do what feels right to you, eat when you are hungry. You got it right- Different strokes!

Sorry the golf course was so wet. That would have been frustrating and aggravating for sure. I hope it dries out for you guys soon.

Jaz- Yikes, another paper so soon? Very glad you caught it and good on you for taking a half day to get working on it. I hope it just flows and comes quickly and easily.

Hi Blue! Hugs! And KMOM too!

••••••••

Slightly busier day going on here today. Getting DS up when I finish this and we head over to Annapolis. We are going to stalk the DMV and learn the test route and then have him practice it repeatedly, then practice the parking part. He takes his test tomorrow and he has driven SO LITTLE this summer that I'm not sure how he will do. And if he DOES pass it I will still limit his driving alone until I feel he is back up to speed.

Sharing a funny video with you guys via email if I can find it. I have laughed myself silly over this multiple times over the past few days.

Then he has his first XC practice in which he will ALSO get his ass kicked because he did no summer running as he was supposed to. So he will show up today and be told he has to run six miles and he will be a freaking mess and probably puke. Whoohoo.

I will go back to the chiropractor today. Feeling relief so that is good.

Up only .2 from eating out, which is great. Yay! Keeping on, keeping on. I think I'll make a couple of steaks today.

Thinking of Kmom which makes me think of Chicken Lazone. Maybe I'll make that for DS this week. He liked it and and it was easy to do.

OK I could talk more but I gotta go wake the sleeping Grizzly.
  #149   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-18, 12:08

BF:

Quickie- Came home- out with the dogger and back in!!!!! Tanked up some water and a smoked turkey "roll up".sliced deli turkey, kale, a tiny bit, provolone and a dill pickle rolled upon- avocado slice. Delightful- now to hunker down and get to work.

Dark here too LORI!!!!!- Storms on and off all day- then some nasty one through the night.

TRIG- just go ahead and take ALL YOUR MONEY OUTTA the bank- and let ME know on this forum what tree house you are stashing so I can (wink wink wink) help you keep it safe!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
School- not next Spring- the spring after that. I live by courses.I am going on a year now if you all can believe that!

Nic- Chicken Lazone is basically chicken with salsa and melted cheese right?
Can't wait to see the video!!!!!-

Blue- post when you can-

OFF to hunger in and put nose to grind. Oh M said nothing about me leaving early at all. She approved all my request for the rest of the year. Her boss tossed in a 250.00 bonus for job well done! It should just cover my SPEEDING ticket! Lovely! Awesome!

HAHAHAHAHAHA- ok- check in later- you know- that turkey roll up was SO good- carbs less than 3 tops- MAYBE 4! But so tasty- and filling. Again going to go light on the provolone. I just can't say no to cheese. just a bit here and there does so much for a meal. -

NIC-
  #150   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-18, 17:54

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Have been reading along, and missing a full day here can cost you. So many things I'd like to respond to, so I'll just grab the ones I can remember or that hit me.

Nic---I love your idea of child care here and there, and when it works for you. I would leave my baby/kid w/you in a heartbeat and not worry for a second. So many mothers will appreciate this and I believe answer to it---maybe more than you can handle in fact. But I know you know how to put your own limits on it. You get a couple of good clients who understand YOUR rules of the road as well as theirs and you'll have all the fun money you want without it taking over your life. You are in a position to be picky on this.

LOL, Trig wants to know about what shoes you're wearing, and I want to know what you're thinking about for your hair. Oh pal, I know this is all meh, shrug and tortuous for you---all this girlie stuff, but your pals have enquiring minds.

Jaz---Big bummer on the mistaken due date for your paper. You know I STILL have dreams that I show up for a college class and they're giving an exam I somehow totally missed was coming. Anxiety dreams, that's what they are.

I know you WILL get this done, and done with the best you have in the time given and all the other parameters in your life. Hey girl, you are working full time AND going to school. That is a freaking lot.

Also, nothing wrong with 86%. Know it bugs you after your LONG streak of really high marks, but some classes just bite you in the butt, for whatever reason, and this probably won't be your last. You don't need to be valedictorian of the class, you just need to get that degree. Cha Ching and better, higher paying jobs to choose from. No one but you and the instructor is ever going to see your grades. They ARE going to see that additional degree!

Lori---Sorry you've had a case of the blues. Seems to me golf is a huge and joyful outlet for you, and this has been a crappy summer weather wise for you that way.

Also, agree w/the other gals, regarding the woe. What works at one time in your life, may not work in another. And for me, this can change quickly, and change back quickly. We all want something steady Eddie in our woes, that we can count on working for us.

But I think both Trig and Nic have had good words on this. And although both have different LC woes, both say eat when you're hungry. When we're hungry is absolutely going to change from day to day, which is why IF only works for me when it works. I can't count on it as a lifestyle or a weight reducing guarantee.

When Jaz was feeling off the rails Trig told her to get herself the best LC stuff, the stuff she really loves, and eat whatever she wanted from that category till she felt stabilized again on LC.

Guess I would say that's probably the one thing that will always work for us, in one way or the other. In that we might not lose the weight we want to according to the scale, but we WILL feel better, and in my experience, look slimmer, no matter what the scale says.

Trig---So you've got yourself a night bird kiddo. I had one too. He loved staying up late, even when he was little, and hated getting up early. I was and am the same way. I think our body clocks are as unique to us as our DNA, and I don't think there's any "training" it out of one, although age and individual experience can change it, although it never happened for me.

But oh man, getting my son out of bed for school on time was often one of the hardest things I did in a day! It is well documented that teenagers need a lot of sleep, and imo, schools start too early for them. Many start at 8 and they're out by 2 or 3. I say, start at 9 and keep them out of our hair till 4.

Sorry about the computer problems, and you're lucky that your bro can fix so many of them on your old computers. I hear how much you hate to bleed a cent on this. But man, I just couldn't take it if my computer was on the glitch as often as yours is.

Agree TOTALLY that our dependence on technology is a PIA, but also often a time saving and marvelous thing in other ways. Gotta go w/Nic on this. Invest in a Mac laptop, and you'll never look back. Ask Jaz.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, of course I want to whine more about the first world hell it is getting out of this house. But I'm not going to.

Instead, I'm going to talk about the weather. We have no control over it, and yet it effects us so much. This summer is a "Tale of Two Cities" w/you gals.

Trig and Lori report endless rain and dark days, and it is really bumming them out. Understand. Here it has been so hot and humid and sunny every dang day. It has made the work we need to do to get out of this house SO much harder for me. Again, like being 8 months pregnant in a hot humid August.

We are SO in need of rain. Today it rained for 10 minutes, pretty hard. I ran thru it out to our porch and just sat there enjoying to me, what is the wonderful smell of rain when it's been too darn long. And it is cooler today, which I'm so thankful for, but still, we didn't get anywhere near the rain we need.

Weather is like the wallpaper of our lives, and yes, it really effects us, all according to our own preferences and needs.

I am struggling with trying to NOT fall totally off the wagon w/all that is going on. But I still have a foot on the wheel and a strong arm trying to pull myself back up and on it. And part of that is you guys.

Good day on plan for me. For right now, I have to accept that there will be good days and bad days on plan due to where we're at right now. What I need to NOT do is give into all bad days. Coming here saves me from the worst.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Aug-20-18 at 18:11.
Closed Thread