Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 17:59

Plan: 0
Stats: 120/120/120 Male 66
BF:
Progress:
Default Having problems with a Low GI diet

I've been wanting to switch to a low carb diet for a while now. At the moment I don't think I have enough time to make the complete jump so I'm trying to switch to a low GI diet for the moment. However, I'm having problems with it. I don't really have a "normal" amount of energy throughout the day, and the only time I feel awake is when I've had foods or drinks with lots of sugar in them.

That's not to say that my energy levels are horrible. I can still get around but I can't really concentrate on complicated problems when I stick to low gi meals, which just won't work for me being a math student. So I've been sipping on OJ while I get homework done but after a few hours my energy levels crash and I just want to take a nap.. This sucks..

Anyone have any ideas why this could be? Switching to a real low carb diet isn't really an option at the moment. I have several bags of basmati rice I have yet to finish, and switching my eating habits will be a huge chore that I can't afford to do, timewise, until until midterms are over and I've actually learned how to cook..
Sponsored Links