Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 09:17
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Oh Lord, I'm getting really weird.....I scoping out chicks!...and I'm heteosexual. Let me try to explain this to myself. I can't quite get a handle on my physical reality. I'm wearing size 6 pants now. I feel bones when I "feel myself up." This is just so dang foreign. I see people at work, church, etc. that I always thought of as thin, so I'm kinda comparing myself to them. I seem to be checking out behinds!! Holy Moly! Is this normal? I've never really looked at people like this before. Okay, to be honest, I've never really looked at myself before either.

I don't think I'm the only one looking, however, 'cause of a comment made by one of my favorite people in the world. She is an elderly British friend. She grabbed me after church last week and said, (please add in the accent) "I was sitting in back of you and I kept staring at you. Who is that person with the tiny behind? Then I realized, Ohhh! That is our Sara. Dear, you just don't have a behind at all now do you?"

Gracious I'm glad I have this forum. So far you people have let me know that even if I'm becoming weirder, I'm not alone.
Have a good one,
Sara<><
p.s. I really wish I had kept measurements, 'cause the scale is NOT moving down, but the sizes are. Have any of you found yourself on a true plateau (multiple weeks) yet in ketosis and losing inches?
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 09:20
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDweller
Hmm. Something else to look forward to. The crossing-the-legs thing, not the jealousy.

Bra-shopping is something I try to make as easy as possible. I love stores that do "bra-fittings." (NOT) Like our WOE and food decisions, we're stupid consumers and couldn't possibly figure out what size we need. Men's clothing is so easy. Measure chest, measure neck, measure sleeve, measure waist, measure inseam and voila -- clothing that fits. Maybe it's not quite so easy, but it's not far from it, based on my DH and DS. Now women's shirts are starting to not only be sized by some odd size scale, but by bust size as well.

Its funny, because i was like that....refused to be fitted for a bra. I was still wearing 44ddd's from my larger days...and some 42dd's...and i found out that in actuality i'm 38ddd...bras really fit better when you have the right size..who'da thought
  #123   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 10:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Samantha..I agree, when I had it done at Nordstroms ..I was way off on my size.....and so was EVERY woman in the dressing room...it was packed! Listening to everyone comparing notes was hilarious!! I dont know why I waited so long to do it.
  #124   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-06, 05:16
Princess Sara

I'm still loving my Victoria's Secret. A friend gave me a gift card for my birthday....ahhhh, what to buy?!
Sara<><
  #125   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-06, 06:19
No Cheats Ever!

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 291/163/155 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

I wanted to share this comment from my husband... first off, he's a truck driver, and gone for 4-5 weeks at a time. He came home February 10 or so, and he hadn't made any comments about my weight loss.. I had lost about 28 lbs (I fell off the LC wagon while he was home.) I normally wear sweatshirts and sweatpants around the house.

The first nite, we went to bed (we have to catch up on things when he's home, ya know??) he gently touches my chest and says "Honey, I don't mind that you want to lose weight, but did you have to lose it HERE??" hehe
  #126   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-06, 11:40

Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9
Progress: 2%

Tell him good things come in small packages! It's going to come off all over, at different times.

Hope you were able to catch up well.
  #127   ^
Old Mon, Mar-06-06, 13:00

Plan: Atkins, M&E
Stats: 297/289/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I tell DH that by the time I get to my goal, the "girls" are going to be indents! Before having kids, when I weighed 165 I wore an A cup. If ever got to 135, which is like my dream weight, I'd be flatter than a pancake!
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 05:12
Princess Sara

Okay...while we are talking about "the girls"...it is confession time for me. Mine were always gigantic and shall we say, unmanageable. They caused me intense pain. Five years ago I have breast reduction surgery. It was the best thing I ever did. My husband, of course, loved the big broads...why?...but even he will tell you they are better babes, now. After my weight loss, they are down to handfulls. I do not regret having had the surgery 'cause they would not have gotten small enough even with the weight loss and would have probably resembled tube socks. My surgeon was very good at his craft. I have more sensitivity now than I did before the sugery.

Now, if you will pardon me for sounding presumptuous, Skeeter, Donna....push those girls up. Perky cleavage! I've been with the same man since I was 15 and am not about to let him get bored. I'm talking lingerie. More specifically even....corsets. Is that bold enough for ya? They push the girls to the sky and even hide that loose skin on your belly. Believe it or not, Frederick's of Hollywood still lives and even makes some quality products.

Losing a significant amount of weight should be celebrated!! Exploration and appreciation are great. Lord knows, those men of ours had to bear the burden of our heavy years...literally. Fess up, how many times did we have our fat in our heads instead of loving? I for one did. If I don't feel sexy, I don't want sex.

Jumpin' if you are reading this entry, I'll bet your feet aren't the only part of you rockin'.

Have a great day!!
Sara<><
  #129   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 05:55
Always Shining

Stats: 363.3/332.6/145 Female 5'7"
BF:'fraid so...
Progress: 14%

Great advice, Sara!
  #130   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 10:03

Plan: Atkins, M&E
Stats: 297/289/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

If I could find a bra that could gather up some of the fat under my arms and around my stomach, I would have some killer b**bs!
  #131   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 15:47
Registered Member

Stats: 198/182/168 Male 70 inches
BF:BMI 28.4/26.1/24.1
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarar
Okay...while we are talking about "the girls"...it is confession time for me. Mine were always gigantic and shall we say, unmanageable. They caused me intense pain. Five years ago I have breast reduction surgery. It was the best thing I ever did. My husband, of course, loved the big broads...why?...but even he will tell you they are better babes, now. After my weight loss, they are down to handfulls. I do not regret having had the surgery 'cause they would not have gotten small enough even with the weight loss and would have probably resembled tube socks. My surgeon was very good at his craft. I have more sensitivity now than I did before the sugery.

Now, if you will pardon me for sounding presumptuous, Skeeter, Donna....push those girls up. Perky cleavage! I've been with the same man since I was 15 and am not about to let him get bored. I'm talking lingerie. More specifically even....corsets. Is that bold enough for ya? They push the girls to the sky and even hide that loose skin on your belly. Believe it or not, Frederick's of Hollywood still lives and even makes some quality products.

Losing a significant amount of weight should be celebrated!! Exploration and appreciation are great. Lord knows, those men of ours had to bear the burden of our heavy years...literally. Fess up, how many times did we have our fat in our heads instead of loving? I for one did. If I don't feel sexy, I don't want sex.

Jumpin' if you are reading this entry, I'll bet your feet aren't the only part of you rockin'.

Have a great day!!
Sara<><
To use a good old Aussie expression........ Halle "bloody" lujah

One thing I've never quite understood though is the American male's absolute obsession with BIG, especially BIG BOOBS

From my perspective a nicely rounded female derriere is one of God's most delightful creations
  #132   ^
Old Tue, Mar-07-06, 18:24
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Sara-
yes, you can still go down in size on this WOL and not lose weight. I am now in a size 6, and sometimes that is too big. Same weight last year- size 8.
I love my girls now too. Have never worn fancy stuff, but have always liked nude colors instead of white. I think I'll look at the sexy stuff next time! DH would have a shock!!Corsets, huh?
  #133   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-06, 04:46
Princess Sara

Let us go boldy forth!!

I am ssslllllooooowwwwlllly moving my island chick closer to to goal. But, I'll take it. Remember the white pants I posted about at the first of this thread? They are loose now. I am also in sixes now. No wide-screen versions will appear on my behind!--not even director's cuts for me now.

I'm kinda pushing harder now to get to a size and stabilize. Can I even imagine that? My closet always held multiple sizes and I never stayed in any of them long enough to wear them out. I am looking at the new spring fashions with a different eye--one of confidence and permanence.
Sara<><
  #134   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-06, 07:14

Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Sara,,,incredible!!!! go girl go!
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Mar-08-06, 16:47
Princess Sara

Thanks, Deborah.
I have had one he** of a day. SSSOOOO...I brought no work home with me and called my wonderful husband: "Pick up a rotesserie chicken and a movie...meet me in the hot tub."

This is a far cry from the old days of chocolate and margaritas. I get lots of loving and no guilt!!! Tomorrow I will wake up with a glow and may even feel lighter--no bloat or hangover. I'll be ready to make a better day.
Sara<><