Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 14:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/143/98 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress: -22%
Default Is There A Cookie Or Muffin That Qualifies As "Induction Friendly" ??

Hi All -
I am starting my third week back on the low carb diet and I hate to admit this but I have not made it successfully through in induction yet - I am so embarrassed to admit that I have NO will power what so ever!
My biggest problem is the sweets !!
For most of my life it seems I have had to have something sweet after I eat -
I was hoping there was some recipe out there for some kind of cookie or muffin you can eat while on induction ??
It doesn't have to be the greatest tasting thing in the world but something of that consistency and convenience - and somewhat sweet -
My biggest problem is that I need something that I can take to work or eat while traveling -
2 or 3 days a week I have to travel a farther distance to work and back - which is a 1 1/2 hourdrive one way - during this time I have been munching on the low carb candy bar or Atkins wafer crisp bar - but I know this isn't the best thing to be eating while on induction -
Is there some cookie or muffin out there that would qualify as "induction friendly" ??
This forum is great and everyone has been so supportive - sorry that I am such a weekling -
I would appreciate any help one can give!!
Thanks Sharon
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 14:23

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

Nope, you are just gonna have to stick it out. When I needed a sweet I would make cheesecake, without the crust of course. You can find the recipe in the kitchen section of this website. I would also make the french toast that is made out of porkrinds, it is sooooo good. You can also find the in the kitchen section.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 14:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/139.5/120 Female 5'2
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 46%

Please try to stick to induction. You will find if you do, your cravings WILL leave. If you tempt them every few days, they will never go away. I am about 3 months into this and I don't crave anything sugary anymore or chocolatey. My food cravings have turned to veggies, who ever thought that would happen?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 15:41

Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

How about trying the mock danish? Check the kitchen forum for recipes. Mock danish is eggs and cream cheese so induction friendly.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 16:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

Oh I know whatof you speak...
Listen, you just have to make it through. Find induction level sweets that will get you over the curb. Once you do, you'll be surprised at how little you want it.

You have to figure out exactly why & in what situations you are craving that stuff & find a way to overcome it.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:31

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

How about a little cream whipped?
I don't add sweetener, but if you must, a SF syrup or a little Splenda might work. Maybe even a little cinnamon or vanilla extract instead.

Perhaps just a nice cup of herbal tea.

You may be surprised what satisfies your cravings, if you experiment - even a celery stick, radish, slice of jicama, turnip or the like could work.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 07:00
Registered Member

Stats: 135/143/98 Female 4'10"
BF:
Progress: -22%
Default Flax Muffins?

Thanks for the suggestions all
My biggest problem is that I need something that is easy to take to work with me or traveling -
I had read a recipe for flax muffins on the forum - somewhere ? Now I can't find it - But what I was wondering is - since flax is all fiber - would it be possible to eat this while on induction?
I am still searching for the recipe - If anyone knows where it is - and if it is induction friendly please let me know - Thanks!
Sharon