Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 12:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/215/200 Male 5ft. 10in.
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Anyone tried Smoke Away???

Just wondering if anyone had tried smoke away. Its that herbal quit in 7 days or your money back program. I was really close to buying it yesterday but i wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with it before I buy.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 14:27

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

One of my co-workers has used it sucessfully twice.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 14:59

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 163/142/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 75%

#4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 16:24
Registered Member

BF:

did they experience any weight gain? thanks for the heads for it being on sale also!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 16:25

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

nope, not that I know of.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 08:42

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 163/142/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 75%

No problem Clock!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 10:14

Stats: 170/???/135 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

I am on my second day of the Smoke Away program.

I have smoked for 25 years and tried semi sucessfully to give up 3 times with Nicorette. It always took me longer than the 12 weeks to become fully nicotine free and once I became terribly addicted to the gum. The gum was always hard to give up.

Anyway I always messed up at a party or social occasion telling myself I could do just one. I now know you can't.

But enough about that. This is day 2 and I'm feel very good. Yesterday I had a few craving but they were no worse than the cravings with Nicorette in the first few days.

What I do feel is incredibly calm. Not at all aggitated or panicky. Today's cravings have really been almost non existant with the exception of a few sad feelings when I realise I can't have one. I'm expecting tomorrow to be even better and by then my body will be 100% nicotine free.

I'm not sure I can recommend it yet because I'm only on day 2 but it's a heck of a lot easier than anything I've ever done before.

I'm also 24 days into Atkins and hoping to continue losing. I once read a small book about those giving up smoking and carbohydrates. Apparently carbs have a worse effect on those who have immediately given up and in the months following than ordinary folk. So the fact we are all lo carbing is heavily in our favor
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 10:16

BF:

It's also available MUCH more cheaply than the net at Walgreens.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 10:26
Registered Member

BF:

thanks for the info toning up. If there is anyway you could keep me posted on your progress that would be great. Im seriously considering buying it just wanna know its going to work.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 13:16

BF:

Clockwork...I'd be happy to keep everyone posted each day this week while I do this. Since I wrote this morning, the day has got easier and easier.

You MUST listen to the CD that comes as well. As much as I find motivational speakers a little hard to bear, the guy that talks on this makes a lot of sense.

One point he makes is, you must now be fully committed to making this work. Wanting it to work and be committed to it's sucess are two different things.

The example he gives is money. You can want money but wanting it won't get you any. Being comitted to going out and finding a job or going back to college to get a better job WILL get you there.

Same with quitting smoking and for that matter, dieting.

You can tell those on these message boards who aren't fully committed to their weight loss. They are the ones who do a lot of justifying with the rest of us so that when they fail, we'll "understand'.

So I have tried to put the same committment into this giving up smoking as I have with Atkins and hopefully it's going to work out fine.

I'm a slow weight loser but have lost a LOT of inches and have just finished 4 weeks of absolutely clean induction and excerise. I'm going to hang about on induction a bit longer.

You have lost a phenomenal amount of weight so I have 100% confidence in your ability to commit to something like this. Give it 1/2 the effort you've given the diet and you can do it.

Last edited by toning_up : Tue, Feb-03-04 at 13:31.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 01:13
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks toning up, I have been really dedicated to weight loss and actually for people that knew me before i started, it has been quite a shocker for some family and friends. Sticking to a diet was really easy for me for some reason after the first few days I didn't have to fight anymore. It wasn't as psychological as smoking is for me anyway. But Im ready to quit especially after finding out today that my cholesterol has dropped from 165 to 130. Im ready to be completely healthy. The reason why im considering smoke away is the herbal factor of it. Over the past year Ive come to be a big believer in vitamins and herbal supplements I think that they have really helped me drop the weight and feel completely great the whole time.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 04:47

BF:

Update: Day 3

I woke for the first day without that sickening "I've given up" jolt. No desire to smoke at all and I haven't even taken this morning's supplements. There is a cart load of stuff in these supplements but I'm not sure what it is that is calming me and taking away the desire to smoke.

It's very hard to find anything on the net about this (in regards to research or who these supplements work) except for ads to sell it.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 11:36
Registered Member

BF:

sounds promising! Yeah thats why ive asked about it on several boards. There is actually a site where you can look at the labels online. Then I looked up what i could at www.vitaminshoppe.com, alot of the stuff thats in them i already take. Are you taking a daily supplement as recomended in the atkins book?
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 12:10

BF:

On top of that, I'm taking a daily multivitamin, an omega 3, borage, flax oil supplement, l-carnitine to help with my slow loss, and 2 calcium tablets.

I also eat 3 tablespoons of flaxmeal daily.

Oh, this afternoon? I feel like I'd be quite happy never to smoke again. This kind of amazes me because I am a person who normally has very poor willpower. I've been very strict and committed with this eating plan so I don't know how much of this is my current level of committment helping me or the supplements. Whatever it is, it's been amazingly easy. I just can't believe I don't constantly feel like a cigarette like I used on those darn Nicorettes.

Last edited by toning_up : Wed, Feb-04-04 at 12:13.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 16:17
Registered Member

BF:

Its sounding better and better every post! How much water are you consuming a day? At first i was losing slowly and then i upped my water intake to around 2 gallons aday then it started coming off. I also started walking daily for 30 minutes that seemed to help too.