Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-20, 06:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/206/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default tnp1005 Introduction

Just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone

I am seeking support because I feel like I've fallen off the wagon and for the past year or so cannot seem to get back in gear. Lately, I can't seem to LC for more than 2 days.

Anyway, I am a native Texan, wife, mom of 3, dog mom of 3, degreed paralegal, reader, cross-stitcher, and major introvert.

I can't wait to make your acquaintance and look forward to some motivation and support to help me get back on track for good!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-20, 11:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins NDR (2002)
Stats: 270.2/236/165 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi there!
I'm new here too. Just waiting for some blood work from Dr. before I can actually get going, but I'm prepping as much as I can, getting my kitchen in order, writing out grocery lists for various recipes and buying some stuff like ketostix, coconut oil, Splenda, restocking all my vitamins & supplements etc, a I'm ready to go when did gives me the OK. I too am a bit of an introvert IRL so I'm hoping I can make a couple of buddies to help keep me accountable on this forum. So far everyone seems pretty cool and very helpful. I feel like I'm in the right place. Hopefully you like it too and just being around a mixture of like-minded individuals and old-pros will make your recommitment to Low- Carb, easier and more fun. Take care, Blue x
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-20, 13:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Welcome both! Yes, lots people with a lot of experience.

If you start a journal, it’s a great way to record food, think though the issues that contribute to mistakes, work out new ways of being low carb that work for you. Lots of people also explore some of the emotional triggers for eating off plan...it can be helpful to stay on track to record your experiences. Plus, people pop by and might offer suggestions to tweak meal plans or what they’ve done themselves in similar situations. And you can read others’ journeys—I have learned so much from people here, some of whom I’ve never even had an exchange with!

Best of luck, see you around the boards!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-20, 13:57

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Getting multipe days, back to back, has alwsys been my struggle, too. I just keep trying.

More information is now available on Tine Restricted Eating. Meaning, eat within a personally chosen time frame. Eat all food within 8 hrs, or six or 4. Some can control appetite at 12/12. That is eat within 12 hrs, then fast 12 hrs. Others work up to 1/23, or one meal a day.

Also there are challenges to inspire.

Welcome!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-24-20, 16:30
Registered Member

BF:

I had a look at the journal function, but it didn't seem particularly user friendly to me. I think I'd be better off just creating a regular blog and linking to it in my profile or signature or something. I know the journal function here is laid out chronologically, but I don't like the way that by having people comment on it, some threads or topics seem to get a bit messy. If there's a way to create a journal without having anyone post any replies to it, then I'd consider it, because I'd really just want my own thoughts, records and whatnot alone and altogether in one place and have people PM me if they have something to suggest or ask etc. Might actually look into finding a blog hosting service that will let me create something simple but effective for my own needs. I like to keep track of things, have links out to resources close by and lots of space to just air my own thoughts....clear my mind. Do people still use Blogger and Wordpress? Or is there some newfangled cooler platform that everyone's on now? (I'm too old to keep up with all the latest techie stuff. I'm 40 years old, FFS! I remember using Myspace, lol!)
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-24-20, 19:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueVelvet
If there's a way to create a journal without having anyone post any replies to it, then I'd consider it, because I'd really just want my own thoughts, records and whatnot alone and altogether in one place and have people PM me if they have something to suggest or ask etc.

I don’t know if there is such a function here, because the format seems to be created to allow for conversations between or among members focussed on one person’s thoughts (because their journal) at a time.

I follow a few people at www.my-diary.org — it’s very simple, Old school, just an entry, not including images like on blogs. The only way to comment is to PM the person, so it doesn’t turn into a public conversation.

Many people do link to a blog, and I love being able to read more about their lives and interests!

Whatever works for you, go for it!

Last edited by Blue Ruby : Mon, Aug-24-20 at 19:33. Reason: Typo
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-26-20, 12:58
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the info Blue!
(from the other Blue, lol)
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-26-20, 15:23

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Ya, two days is my tripping point to. Must string together 3 days to get to 4-5-6. sigh. A rare thing.

Would the 90 day challenge help ? Or the 5# challenge?
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-27-20, 16:53
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Ya, two days is my tripping point to. Must string together 3 days to get to 4-5-6. sigh. A rare thing.

Would the 90 day challenge help ? Or the 5# challenge?

Personally speaking, out of the two, I think I'd find the 5lb one easier and I'd be more likely to stick to it. If you're already struggling with just 2 or 3 days, having a 90 day challenge will probably overwhelm you and you could end up self-sabotaging, without even realising it. If you muck up at any point before that 90 day end point, it'll be really dispiriting and you're much more likely to just have a really frustrated "well screw it!" kind of reaction.

I'm saying that more from my own personal perspective, rather than basing that on you Ms Arielle, because I'm still new here and I don't know you. But I think when trying to break out of bad habits and create good ones, slow & steady incremental change is the way to go. Extend your challenges bit by bit after you've hit a smaller one and build from there. Monday is D-Day for me, so I'll probably be feeling like death and dreaming about everything carb-tastic, for most of next week. Just gotta get my stubborn head on me and hopefully power through the worst of it.