Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#436   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-11, 21:02
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddswife
I was wondering if this would be the place to post a bran muffin recipe and have those who are far more in the know than I am tell me how SBD friendly they are. i am sure they are not for P1 but maybe P2?

Please post it first in our weighin thread. After we review it, if it is SBD friendly, then you can post it here. OK?
Sponsored Links
  #437   ^
Old Wed, Apr-13-11, 06:29
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 190/190/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Ok! Thank you!
  #438   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-11, 18:09
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile

One of my all-time favourite recipes is from the original South Beach program book.
I get lots of compliments and requests for the recipe from lowcarbers and non-lc'ers alike!

Grilled Salmon with Rosemary, page 162 ... or here .. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showpost...92&postcount=59

per serving: 213 cals, 23g prot, 18g fat, 1g carb

Doreen
  #439   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-12, 11:59

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 203/201/155 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default One of my favorites

Mexican Pie:
Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground meat, cooked & drained
(use ground sirloin, lean ground pork, or
ground white meat turkey or a combination of any two.)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 teaspoons chili powder
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon sour cream
1 egg white, beaten stiff

Place meat, onion, pepper, sauce, garlic & chili powder in skillet. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Spray 8x8 pan with Pam (or grease). Put meat mixture in pan. Beat together cheese, sour cream and egg white and put on top of meat mixture. Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes.

Serves 6. 5 net grams of carbohydrate per serving
  #440   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-13, 10:34

Plan: Low Carb, Good Carb
Stats: 206/164/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Just re-started on SB, and since we eat such a lot of chicken :

Poached chicken breasts

Cover the raw chicken breasts with any tasty or double-strength chicken stock. Bring to the boil.
If breasts are not quite covered by the liquid now, add some white wine or some water.
Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
If necessary, top up the liquids again, so breasts are completely submerged. Let stand for at least 45 mins to finish cooking.

Use as is, or freeze portions of chicken, and the stock, for future use.
  #441   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-13, 04:20
Registered Member

Plan: SBD...some Atkins tips.
Stats: 184/156.6/140 Female 5'3"
BF:No clue
Progress: 62%

Hey there wonderful people. I was surfing the net for some gnummo Phase 2 recipes and I landed on a site named SBD Century Club Recipes. A site like many others created by wonderful people that take the time to share their joys and experience in Low carbs diets and foods. I was wonder if I can get some advice on this pizza recipe. There is no nutritional information along with the recipe, nor the serving size, and as you can see it says Phase 2...I want it realllyyy BAD!!! Ehm sorry...Had a craving moment there *grabs a celery stalk*. I'm not taking credit for this recipe at all, nor trying to steal it...Just wanting some input on Portion and is it really ok on phase 2? I was reading to reintroduce starch slowly ..like a 1/4 of a cup at time or less. Should I wait for Phase 3 instead? Pizza Crust
Printable Version

Phase: 2
Preheat Oven: 450
Cooking Time: 10 min

1 package Rapid Rise Yeast
1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1 t garlic salt
1 t Splenda
1 Tbs olive oil
2/3 cup of warm water

Favorite Toppings
4. oz tomato sauce (no sugar added)
Italian spices as desired
17 pieces of Hormel's Turkey Pepperoni (70% Fat Free)
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese as desired
Use any veggies as desired...be sure they are dry

Mix dry ingredients well together in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil and cut into the flour mix. Add water to make a nice dough and knead a few times. Oil spray a small bowl and place the dough in it and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Set aside for about 20 minutes. I put mine in the microwave (and didn’t turn it on!) Oil spray a pizza pan and dump the dough onto it. Spray your hands and spread and stretch the dough to fit the pan with a slight turned up rim. You can use a food processor or your bread machine on manual to make the dough, but it is so easy I just use my hands.

At this point you can either bake the crust at ~ 450 degrees for about 10 minutes and save till later, or top with your favorite topping and bake on lowest rack of the oven for 15 minutes (I cooked it 20) or until cheese is melted and rim of crust is brown.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Servings: One 12-14 inch crust
Submitted By: Gary
  #442   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-13, 06:48
Attitude is a Choice

Dear NomNomNom,
I seriously hope that you are not offended by what I am about to tell you but here goes.
Whole wheat anything will never be your best choice when trying to lose weight and or be healthy.
I highly recommend that you look here on this site's kitchen at recipes for deep dish pizza and a recipe for a pizza crust made out of cauliflower. I'll try to find you the links.

I was/am a huge pizza fan myself. I had to get over the fact that it is not a food that I can eat and lose weight or maintain my losses. Same with bagels....muffins, pastries. pasta or anything else I used to love to eat that was made of whole wheat.

I strongly suggest you look into this aspect of South Beach as it does allow for grain way too early in phase 2. We all need to break our addiction to grains and particularly wheat.

Deep dish pizza quiche: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=44087

Cookycreations almond flour pizza crust: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=454367

Last edited by Judynyc : Fri, Oct-11-13 at 07:00.
  #443   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-13, 09:38
Registered Member

Thank you Judynyc and no offense taken at all. I am glad I've checked back in here for advice. So far I've eaten 1 piece of whole wheat in am (1 slice) and that is only been x2 this week in phase 2. I am very cautious on those starches. I've also read some blogs on Carbquick....and they weren't so positive, stating it's not the real thing etc etc. So confused. I know I have not reached my target weight as of yet, but was trying to organize some templates for my phase 3. Sometime dieting gets too darn expensive. Have a great day.
  #444   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-13, 10:01
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomNomNom
Thank you Judynyc and no offense taken at all. I am glad I've checked back in here for advice. So far I've eaten 1 piece of whole wheat in am (1 slice) and that is only been x2 this week in phase 2. I am very cautious on those starches. I've also read some blogs on Carbquick....and they weren't so positive, stating it's not the real thing etc etc. So confused. I know I have not reached my target weight as of yet, but was trying to organize some templates for my phase 3. Sometime dieting gets too darn expensive. Have a great day.

In my experience, it'd be best to start phase 2 with the starchier veggies and some berries. Save any grain for later closer to your goal, if at all.
  #445   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-13, 13:10
Registered Member

Ohhh you mean I can have French Fries???????? =)...just kidding. I'm going to look up my list and freeze my bread for the future. As always thank you very much =) .