Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 06:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 395.9/276.7/250 Male 5’10
BF:
Progress: 82%
Post 70 lbs down today!!

This has been an amazing journey that we started back the first week of May. As we continue to move forward we learn new were things that help us continue our success yet help us eat even more health as we continue to move forward we learn new things that help us continue our success yet help us eat even more healthy.

My wife went under 200 pounds yesterday for the first time in a very long time! I am extremely proud of her as we do this together. The Atkins diet has been good for both of us so far and I wish I love you nothing but success as you all move forward. I always like posting my small milestones just to show that anyone can do this if you put your mind to it. I was nearly 400 lbs not long ago. I have a VERY LONG ways to go, but baby steps each week!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 06:45

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

#3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 06:55

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Congratulations to Both of YOU! Fantastic to have partner on this journey. If you want to share more details of how your journey has been so far, also consider adding a write-up to the Milestones page.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 07:00
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I was 400+ pounds not long ago, too. I'm so happy to be half of that. You and your wife are doing great. Stay with this and make it your forever lifestyle. It will become your new norm and practically second nature. And your target goal of 250... you'll shoot right through that. One day at a time.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 07:58
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Congratulations to you both! Much continued success and good health to you.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 08:36

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Fantastic news. Results like these are a huge incentive to stay consistent and make it a way of life, not simply a diet or just another eating program. The accompanying health benefits probably haven't even become obvious at this time, while the weight loss is still ongoing. Credit to you both for understanding how to work this program and for staying with it.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 09:19
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I was 400+ pounds not long ago, too. I'm so happy to be half of that. You and your wife are doing great. Stay with this and make it your forever lifestyle. It will become your new norm and practically second nature. And your target goal of 250... you'll shoot right through that. One day at a time.

Thank you! Have really had to find some creative ways to get fiber as I was having some stomach issues last week. We added the Atkins bars that have 14 g of fiber. Also looking at Mission tortilla wraps.

I appreciate everyone’s compliments and I absolutely love following all of you on here.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 16:04

Plan: LC/GF
Stats: 208/174/168 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Woohoo! Congratulations! We love success stories. Keep on keepin’ on!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 17:00
Registered Member

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 286/285/145 Female 5-7
BF:
Progress: 1%

Congrats! Awesome job
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-03-19, 08:22

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Thank you! Have really had to find some creative ways to get fiber as I was having some stomach issues last week. We added the Atkins bars that have 14 g of fiber. Also looking at Mission tortilla wraps.

Keep up the good work! You guys are doing great. It takes time and if you fall of the wagon now and then just get back on track and you will be successful. I have lost a total of 92 pounds over the past few years. I lose slowly but it keeps coming off. I hope to make goal by this time next year.

I always keep a box of the Atkins bars around in case I want something sweet, or to use as a meal replacement. I like the ones with chocolate, peanut butter and pretzels - they are my favorite.

I also keep a package of the mission low carb tortillas in the house. I have been know to sneak them in my purse when we go out to eat fajitas and use them instead of the ones at the restuarant. I also use them to make a low carb pizza or cheese casa dias. I have also used them to make a sandwich wrap. Eventually you will need less of them as you adjust to the diet, but they can save you.

Keep going! It is rewarding
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-19, 08:29
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you everyone for the kind words!!! I wish you all nothing but success as well