Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-22, 12:25

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Research Opportunity for Individuals Diagnosed with Relapsing-Remitting MS

Quote:
Research Opportunity for Individuals Diagnosed with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis!

We are recruiting for a new study! You are invited to participate in a research study to evaluate the effects of three diets — Modified Paleolithic Elimination diet, Time Restricted Olive Oil-based Ketogenic diet, and USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans on quality of life, including long term effect on motor and vision function, fatigue, mood, and disease activity. This will be assessed by online surveys, study participant tasks, and brain imaging.

Patients that have expressed interest in a dietary approach to treating their disease will be randomized to one of the three diets. The Modified Paleolithic Elimination (MPE) diet excludes all gluten, dairy, and eggs and increases daily intake of fruit and vegetables. The Time Restricted Olive Oil-based (TROO) Ketogenic diet will limit carbohydrates to <50 grams, use olive oil to increase fat intake, and eat non-starchy vegetables daily. The USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans limits sodium, encourages servings of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and reduced fat dairy.

For more information see our latest press release: Terry Wahls awarded $2.5 million to study effects of diet on Multiple Sclerosis

If you would like to be apart of our research registry and screen for our new study please go to the following link:

https://redcap.icts.uiowa.edu/redca...X73EYRJNPF9MHRR

https://wahls.lab.uiowa.edu/join-st...gWrpB5eD4yqlCAI
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-22, 14:15

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Good for Dr. Wahls!

I started with her protocol and now my own tweaked version is instrumental in me keeping my autoimmune condition in remission.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-22, 16:05

Plan: my own LC
Stats: 179/141/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 112%

That's great WereBear! I'm happy for your success. How many carbs do you normally eat in a day?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-22, 07:02

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Pleased to learn that Dr. Wahls is leading this study.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-22, 06:39

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicachyna
That's great WereBear! I'm happy for your success. How many carbs do you normally eat in a day?

Usually Atkins Introduction, 20 or less. Meat, dairy, and non-allergenic foods at condiment levels. Fortunately, I love a sandwich on a coconut wrap, and they love me

But then I have days when I'm hungry for fruit and nuts (my new "treats") and I'll add 30. Yet, I'll be okay the next day, and won't crave that for a week or so. That seems workable.

However, like yesterday, when I went out for brunch (AT LONG LONG LAST) with friends I haven't seen in person for a YEAR, and there was a couple of mimosas, and this morning I felt it. I hope I get together with them soon (and I will not have a drink at all that time because I've been like a monk in a monastery that doesn't make wine or bake, and it's been winter so I can't even stroll in the gardens.

It's a wake-up call to what a slug of fruit juice carbs plus alcohol does to my new metabolism. Worth it once in a while, sure, but not something I look forward to the way I used to.

We're in the mountains and the mornings are still nippy enough for me to have a big hot chocolate protein smoothie for breakfast. YESSSSSS