Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 07:25

Plan: bodyopus
Stats: 212/196/185
BF:15%
Progress: 59%
Angry People are so quick to bash low carb dieting ( this makes me mad)

Let me start by saying that people are jerks, and the weightloss industry got theses jerks by the balls, so does the doctors and all the rest of the imbeciles that claim stuff without knowing.

I have been low carbing for less then a month now and have lost up to date 18 pounds, wish is very good, i didnt have a lot of bodyfat on my well maybe around 15% or so.

Most of the people here said what has happened to you, you add an amazing shape before but now you got fat,,, fat at 212 well i guess so because i have lovehandles and my muscle definition was convered by a small layer of fat.

Who cares, now i decided to put my foot down and lose the weight for health reasons and to feel good about myself again.

A guy at my job came to see me and he was quit amazed of the weightloss that i got in so little time, of course weightloss, diet and the whole good looks are todays main stream conversation, everyone has an opinion on something.

Seems that the thing that works best are dangerous, and are short term. Shut up, at least back your s*** up with some good info not stupid media crap.

No No low carb is dangerous, you lose water and not fat, you eat to much fat and thats not good, its high protein not good for kidneys. Everyone that does low carb gains all the weight they lost has fast. Now this is the best one Yo Yo dieting doenst work.

What have you been doing in all this time, arent you on a diet right now, i see you eating all these carrots and celeri, and drinking water, biking your ass off has there was no tomorrow, and you are still 220 pounds??????? arent you turning into a big fat rabbit...............

Tell me that atkins is s***, tell me all your crap, dont even listen to what i have to say about ketogenic diet and stuff your face with them good pasta low fat of course.

I still get to see my cake and eat it, on weekends that is, people are so lame, they want it in there dreams.

I am gonna end this little rant by saying that people who want it dont dream about it, they do what it takes and do it.

Sorry if my rant has offended some of you, i just hate stupid people that talk without knowing.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 07:33

Thumbs down people on low carb gain all the weight back after

I guess that every low carber has eard this one , one time or another, well wake up, any dieter that resumes is old way of eating will gain all that he has lost.

My girlfriend did weightwatchers, thinfor ife and a bounch of other diets.

These diets have there fair share of carbs in them, and people have lost weight with them and some have add very good success with them too, but by resuming your old eating habits ( bowl of ice cream with cookies before bed time) they will all gain the fat back.

I cant get it true my head that people are walking aquariums, well some of you have lost 60 pounds of water right, isnt that what low carb is all about water lost????????

Its true that the first 10 pounds are water, but a person that has lost 60 pounds has lost a great amount of fat too.

This has motivated me even more, i like contravory, i have always beleived in it, what seems to make no sens at all works.

I guess that people who cant are just jalous and will stay well fat for the rest of there life, waiting for the high carb low fat diet to do is work, and not look at other solution expect cutting out calries even more with celeri and carrots ( that are packed with sugar).
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 07:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/112/107 Female 5'3"
BF:?
Progress: 90%
Exclamation People can be rude

Funny you should post this today. Just last night my husband came home and said that someone at work today told him that the Atkins diet was not healthy! Turned out that it was the athletic director for a major college in this area. My response was simply this.....is he a doctor? Has he read the book? I have a feeling that Dr. Atkins may know a little more about it than he does. Perhaps he should worry about his football team's record rather than Atkins! My philosophy: If it works for you - GOT FOR IT!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 08:26
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

My 2 cents.

Every diet or tremendous weight loss can be gained back plus if you adopt your worst eating habits again.

By the way, I felt the same way about Lo Carb last month until I started really researching (before I started). And there is no documentation to prove the kidney speculation. There is no documentation to prove the lo carb way is harmful. So I thought with everyones success with this plan I would try induction and see how I felt.

I read the book and after detoxing - my own experience is amazing. I feel better and look better and plan to keep this a WOL.

Anyway... I remember when I was jogging 2 miles a day and low fat dieting and some girl in the office told me that with my pace of jogging she would consider it a walk. SO - besides pissing me off (because it was so very hard for me to do) it made me realize that everyone has something to say about what they believe is the truth.

Just lets live our lives and let our own experiences SHOW OTHERS our truth.

Have a great day!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 08:26

Thumbs up Funny stuff in deed

Most college students that play foodball are on steroids, funny but true.

I said most not everyone, still there is a lot that goes on behind close doors.

Low carb diets arent for life most of the time but a quick way of losing unwanted pounds and a gods gift to people that are insuline sensitive and just cant seem to lose weights with the current Doctors diets.

Most Doctors arent aware of what is good for us or not, this is sad really sad, proof you want proof you get, last cholesterol check i add was well high 4.64, my back cholesterol was higher then my good one.

My doctor handed me a sheet, cutting out all the fat and eating mostly pasta, rice, bread..... and told me to lose weight.

Funny, i told him that you just cant burn fat when insuline is high and that all the high GI foods he was asking me to eat where not the solution to my problem, he looked at me funny and really didnt know what i was talking about.

He didnt knew s*** about protein either, eggs whites good yellow bad.

My girlfriend went to the hospital when she lost here job this summer, ( she got another one dont worry hehehe), she add a light depression, well doctor was happy he gave here PILLS damn stupid pills, for depression of course.

Not knowing the problem and not listening, surely not giving here adivse that everything will come around and that she doesnt need pills to overcome a small depression.

I true away the Pills because they are very bad for you dont you know, they only block the influx to your brain that causes the depression, when you stop the pills well you sort of receive all of this at once, not bad small depression, 3 months of supply of pills.

Bottom line Docs dont know squat, they wouldnt know a good thing if it hitted them in the face.

THey are not nutritionist, and most of them are smokers, ( Duh smoking bad for me but pills will get me true this).

It is true that many people have put the weight back on, some more then others, people have to understand that you cant be on a diet, its a way of life, you learn, when something doesnt work you try something else.

The good thing about CKD is that one weekends you can let go and not feel guilty, other diet you cant your on them for 3-6 months of strict dieting.

Most people that gain back resume there old eating habits.

My father in law has high blood pressure, type2 diabet, and couple of disease that are related to is weight problem.

Everything could be solve just by losing weight, 20 pounds, he has been on xenical for over a year now ( you know the thing that makes you go orange in the toilet), he has lost a good amount of weight when he started the diet, one night we all knew he add enough when he ate 3 large bowl of spaghetti noudles, whey to go that was the right thing to do, now everything is back to normal, the guy is fat, and feels terrible all the time, has 5 different pills to take rather then lose the damn weight and discipline himself.

I just dont understant people???
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 10:01

Plan: atkins, paleo, vlc
Stats: 186/186/154 Female 60inches
BF:o/m/g
Progress: 0%
Default vent away!

A rant does everybody good sometimes! I loved the line about a walking aquarium: I've lost 50 lbs of water, oh, yes. Slosh.

I say, "Success is the best revenge."

Zan
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 10:40

Thumbs down People are pissed off at there own failure and this reflects on you

Jalousie how sweet it is, most people are jalous at others success, this is not only in dieting but in life itself.

Its funny when you see how really pissed off they are to defend themselves when you tell them about weightloss.

Funny thing is that you tell them they actually look like they have gotten bigger, hehehehe you have just ruined there whole week.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 11:47
Registered Member

Plan: TKD/BFL
Stats: 133/117/115
BF:30/17/14
Progress: 89%

My workout partner has been on/off Medifast for months and not kept the weight off. I have told her "How can you train youself to eat healthy eating all that packaged stuff?" All along I've told her about LC and the array of food I eat. She and her husband think Atkins is an unhealthy diet. Well, I've been on LC since April and two weeks ago she borrowed my Atkins book and started the diet. She kept it a secret from her husband. Yesterday he said that she looks like she's lost weight and my friend say she feels great.

I say don't knock it until you try it. I started CKD two weeks ago and we'll see if she wants to give that a try someday!!

Lisa
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 12:07

Talking There are to many positive to the CKD

I am a sugar junky, i just love eating a big bag of candy when i watch a movie, or go to the theatre, hey i am not gonna eat a bag of bacon lol.

This diet lets me get loose on Friday and consume pertty much what i want too, i think that Body For Life is good on that side to, they choose one day in the week to eat pertty much what they want.

Other diet, i dont wanna bash any of them, for the record i add pertty good resutls with high carb low fat, i just didnt get has cut has i wanted, and didnt quit lose that fast, felt hungry all the time ( ok stop here enought said).

Something funny is people that did give it a try add results, pertty good ones too, even thin for life where my girlfriend went now say to cut out the bread, white flour , pasta and rice and make better choices, i saw then new list most carbs that are permited are low gi carbs.

Small High Gi are permited but only twice a week depending on your weightloss goals.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 12:48

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally posted by LMari
My workout partner has been on/off Medifast for months and not kept the weight off. I have told her "How can you train youself to eat healthy eating all that packaged stuff?" All along I've told her about LC and the array of food I eat. She and her husband think Atkins is an unhealthy diet. Well, I've been on LC since April and two weeks ago she borrowed my Atkins book and started the diet. She kept it a secret from her husband. Yesterday he said that she looks like she's lost weight and my friend say she feels great.

I say don't knock it until you try it. I started CKD two weeks ago and we'll see if she wants to give that a try someday!!

Lisa

(((( LISA )))))

Yep, we've all been there, realdeal, and most of the time it's as you say----jealousy! For some crazy reason some people simply cannot handle another's success, and acknowledge it?? Heck no. They'll wait until you have a bad day, or you didn't sleep enough the night before because you stayed up watching a movie, THEN they say something stupid like "Oh. You look SO tired! It's that Atkins diet, isn't it?" geez.

It used to tick me of in a major way when people would instantly butt into a conversation JUST because they heard me say I was low carbing....of course, to tell me I was going to die of heart or kidney failure. And it still ticks me off when that happens... now what do I do? hehehe... I spread my arms wide and turn slowly around and smile. OOOOhhhhh, yyeeeaaahh, baaaby!

And now since I'm doing CKD it's even worse! They look at me like I'm insane, shake their head and all they can come up with is "You're teeth are going to fall out." LOL... I just say, "well, I DO own a toothbrush!" Oh yeah, and there's that occasional "you're just undoing ALL your work! tsk, tsk." Don't you just HATE that sound people make with their tongue??? aarrrgghhh!

So I hear ya, realdeal!!!! But either way you slice it, hon, WE win!

(((( Lisa )))) Good to see you!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 13:24

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I have been really lucky - my Doctor lost 98 pounds on Atkin's and recommends it to his patients. Hopefully, more doctors will get with it. I have been having a tough time with people because I have been having problems with kidney stones lately, so naturally everyone assumes it is the Atkin's. Of course, I had kidney stones before when I was not low-carbing............... but they seem to ignore that. I generally don't tell people I am low-carbing or dieting. Now I tell them that I am insulin resistent and they figure it is an exotic medical condition. Saves a lot of grief.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 13:42

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally posted by orchidday
I have been really lucky - my Doctor lost 98 pounds on Atkin's and recommends it to his patients. Hopefully, more doctors will get with it. I have been having a tough time with people because I have been having problems with kidney stones lately, so naturally everyone assumes it is the Atkin's. Of course, I had kidney stones before when I was not low-carbing............... but they seem to ignore that. I generally don't tell people I am low-carbing or dieting. Now I tell them that I am insulin resistent and they figure it is an exotic medical condition. Saves a lot of grief.

LOL... that's smooooooothe.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 16:35

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Exclamation re: low carb

I think alot of the negative anti-low carb stuff you read is paid for by the wheat board!!! Imagine if everyone stopped eating bread? Also, I was looking at books today. Dr. A is being seriously ripped off. There are a dozen books that stress that they are not atkins, but when you read them they are exactly the same. Nancy
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 16:52

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

This week was Customer Service Appreciation Week at work and each day we were "rewarded" with some sweet treat....Monday was doughnuts, Tuesday was Kudos, on Wednesday, they came around handing out ice cream bars and the person handing them out got to my desk and said, "Oh....you don't eat this stuff because you're doing that Atkins thing.". I looked up, smiled and replied, "No...I don't eat that stuff because I'm a diabetic and I don't think my co-workers would be terribly entertained seeing me go into a diabetic coma right here at my desk."
I got the usual "Oh...a little won't hurt will it?". To which I simply responded, "Yes, it would so no, thank you." and went back to my work.
And to think....I work for a health insurance company. Can we say "clueless"?????
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 17:07

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

I can say luckily I had a doctor that told me that I needed to be on a low carb diet. He didn't tell me which one , just said He would be interested to know which one I picked.
Tanya