Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 09:50

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 175/169.5/127
BF:
Progress: 11%

I am so interested in this! I can't stand to eat meat, my husband is definitely a meat-eater so our household can get very stressful at mealtimes. He refuses to eat vegetarian. My son eats either way, he's a growing boy and is hungry all the time!

I've been diagnosed with hypoglycemia so refined and simple carbs are big no-no's for me anyway. I would like to learn more about eating low carb vegetarian. I am allergic to eggs and don't like dairy too much.

Feel free to email me at:
icantthinkofemailname~yahoo.com

Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 19:29
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Whoa, your kitchen will be a busy place if you're cooking both veg and non-veg.

If you rule out dairy and eggs, it gets a little tricky. You're pretty much left with nuts and soy as your protein sources. There are a lot of good soy products on the market. Do you like tofu? It's pretty good. TVP is another handy product. It's used as a substitute for ground meat in chili, 'meat'balls, etc. It's dry, lasts a long time, it's easy to work with and it's quite cheap.

Be sure to read the label of vegetarian products, though: many are grain based and high in carbs.

Have fun!
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 11:13

Plan: j
Stats: 126/126/105
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Which plan for veggies?

Calling all veggies!
Hello my kind of people! I'm a strict veggie and am contimplating beginning a low carb diet - really quite excited!
The more I read the more I realise that all I eat is carbs!
Anyway, which diet do you lot recommend for veggies then?
Which one are you all on?
Atkins?
Protein Power?

HELP!
J
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Dec-30-02, 22:08
Marda

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Glad to see this group on the website. I've been having some problems with stomach and colon and decided to try vegan this weekend. "Coincidently" ran into a fellow who told me about Shelley Redford Young's cookbook "Back to the House of Health" You can find her by looking up her name on Splor search. Her husband Robert O Young is a microbiologist and they eat mostly uncooked veggies. I found a veggie wrap by Ezekial at the health food store and filled it with avacodo, onion, sun flower seeds and cucumber. It was delicious and my stomach doesn't hurt. I also noted that they stay away from high carb fruit so this system fits well with the low-carb which controls my blood sugar. They work toward getting the body back to alkaline. It's very interesting. I haven't done any of her recipes yet but plan to as I just got a VitaMix machine and had been doing some blended veggies. I'll post again and let you know how it's working health wise.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 03:55

Plan: j
Stats: 126/126/105
BF:

Marda!
Thank you VERY much indeed for your reply. Since then I have been to see a nutritionalist who has advised me further, but your advise is very useful. I will be sure to go away and read the book and go from there. I'll let you know how I get on.

Happy New Year!
J
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Dec-31-02, 09:07
Marda

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Lady J - I ordered three books by Robert and Shelley from Amazon.com last night. Am anxious to get them and read more. I'm doing pretty well. Had my glass of green stuff for breakfast again and am armed with celery, soaked almonds and half an apple to get me through till lunch. I am very hopeful that this will help and it is low-carb. Blood sugar is staying stable. And away we go.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 18:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/224/154
BF:
Smile Another British veggie here

I've just started Atkins and haven't eaten meat for 14 years. I started eating fish 7 years ago when I first Low Carbed (whilst I was weight training). I'm hoping this will work well for me this time around. I don't really want to eat much fish but I want to feel well !

So glad I found this forum.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 00:02

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%
Default Anyone doing Soy Zone?

Hi... I am back doing vegetarian or most of the time I do. I'm using 'The Soy Zone' I lost 11 pounds this last 6 weeks and 13+ inches... I'm very excited about it! Has anyone tried it?
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 18:31

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:

Hiya

What is the "Soy Zone" ?

Thanks
Sabine
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-03, 20:02

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

Soy Zone is a moderate carb diet by Dr. Sears. He uses soy products in this version of The Zone. He keeps a ratio of Fat 30%, carbs 40% & protein 30%. I think it would be very good for a vegetarian or a vegan... If you stick to the plan and don't go over the amount you should have, you do loose weight.