Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 06:35

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 258.5/244.5/180 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Total Backslide Yesterday!

I've been feeling really really good lately, no brain fog, no tiredness, less pain, everything was going really well.

Yesterday I got up, took my shower, got changed, ate breakfast (4 slices of bacon) and had my coconut oil. It was a big glob, maybe 2+ Tablespoons in half a glass of warm water with a shot of cinnamon. I haven't been taking it regularly every day, but at least 3x a week. Also, out of the ordinary, was that I started taking Ester C and Vitamin C. also, i took my first yoga class the night before (not that i think that yoga is that relevant to the story). Oh and I noticed a weird body odor, even after i showered, deodorant and a spritz of perfume.

After I finished breakfast and coconut oil, i went and did my hair, just as usual, but my stomach started hurting really really bad and i thought i was going to throw up! i went to lay down because moving around was making me dizzy. my boss was out of town so i figured id go into work a little late. so i laid there. 9:00 came and went, 10:00 came and went. I fell asleep at 9am, woke up at 11:00 and went back to sleep until 2:30!!! WHAT THE HECK? I finally was able to get out of bed and i went to the bathroom and pooped out greenish muck!

I haven't had bowel problems in over a month! now this? a backslide? die off? rancid coconut oil? stomach reaction to ester C? yoga helped move out more toxins? who knows?

feeling a lot better today, but i lost a whole day yesterday with feeling crappy. i'm still a little tired today, but here's hoping that i dont get sick again. i didnt have the coconut oil this morning, but i did have the ester c and vitamin c. i just dont understand, if it was the coconut oil, why Id have die off now, after id been taking it more or less regularly for over 2 months.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 10:52

Plan: Atkins-SCD
Stats: 125/99.5/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 170%

Large amounts of CO makes me sick too. Stomach ache, feeling like throwing up, burpies and everything settles after a BM. I've been also thinking if it's die-off as a reaction to CO or the CO itself...
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 11:53
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetheana
I've been feeling really really good lately, no brain fog, no tiredness, less pain, everything was going really well.

Yesterday I got up, took my shower, got changed, ate breakfast (4 slices of bacon) and had my coconut oil. It was a big glob, maybe 2+ Tablespoons in half a glass of warm water with a shot of cinnamon. I haven't been taking it regularly every day, but at least 3x a week. Also, out of the ordinary, was that I started taking Ester C and Vitamin C. also, i took my first yoga class the night before (not that i think that yoga is that relevant to the story). Oh and I noticed a weird body odor, even after i showered, deodorant and a spritz of perfume.

After I finished breakfast and coconut oil, i went and did my hair, just as usual, but my stomach started hurting really really bad and i thought i was going to throw up! i went to lay down because moving around was making me dizzy. my boss was out of town so i figured id go into work a little late. so i laid there. 9:00 came and went, 10:00 came and went. I fell asleep at 9am, woke up at 11:00 and went back to sleep until 2:30!!! WHAT THE HECK? I finally was able to get out of bed and i went to the bathroom and pooped out greenish muck!

I haven't had bowel problems in over a month! now this? a backslide? die off? rancid coconut oil? stomach reaction to ester C? yoga helped move out more toxins? who knows?

feeling a lot better today, but i lost a whole day yesterday with feeling crappy. i'm still a little tired today, but here's hoping that i dont get sick again. i didnt have the coconut oil this morning, but i did have the ester c and vitamin c. i just dont understand, if it was the coconut oil, why Id have die off now, after id been taking it more or less regularly for over 2 months.
Could be the CCO. Could be the C. If you've been taking the C on a frequent basis during the day and a lot, I'd put my bet on the C. It's cleaning out your system and removing die off. Killing the buggies and cleaning out the oxidateddiseased cells.

Green poop sounds like a C detox reaction. Especially if it was really stinky. Are you drinking plenty of water? If not that could account for the off BO also.

It's a good thing
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 14:18

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 258.5/244.5/180 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Thanks Zule. I figured it was a good thing. Maybe the Coconut Oil and C was too much for me in one day! Today I just took the C (along with my other supplements) and i still feel a bit on the weird side. no green poop, though!

I'll try coconut oil and C again tomorrow and see what happens.

I really appreciate your input.