Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 06:32

Plan: General LC
Stats: 00/000/000 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Chai My Way

Just thought I'd share what I have come up with (there's probably a thousand threads like this, but I'm writing anyway!) to replace those wonderful Chai Latte drinks that are full of sugar and carbs. I took a Honey Vanilla Chai Spice tea bag (my daughter says this "smells like Christmas"), filled a large mug 3/4 full of boiling water, let it steep for awhile.....then added 1 and half shots of heavy cream, and one packet of Splenda (I don't like too much sweetness). WOW.....I am loving this drink! If I was home, I'd put a dollop of frozen whipped cream on top too! It's so comforting & delicious!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 06:48
Registered Member

Plan: semi-low carb
Stats: 162/153.5/120 Female 65 inches
BF:25
Progress: 20%

Honey Vanilla Chai Spice tea, do you buy this in the flavored tea section at the gorcery? or is it special order? Is it carb free?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 07:55

BF:

Yes, it's a Celestial Seasonings flavor, and carb-free. So delicious!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 08:04

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

I am a big tea drinker, but have never tasted chai. I'm going to have to try this one. It sounds wonderful!

Quote:
(there's probably a thousand threads like this, but I'm writing anyway!)
You go girl! I don't like going back and searching for years-old threads to see what the other 1000 wrote! How do I know what to search for, if I am not aware it exists to begin with?

Sunny!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 09:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/165/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:Shrinking
Progress: 52%

Sounds absolutely decadent... I love warm drinks this time of year! Thanks for sharing!

Bon
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 12:07

BF:

Thanks, SunnyCarol! I've only been around for awhile, so I figured I'd qualify my post right away! Seriously - try this - it is so good. My favorite spices in the whole world are cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves....the smell is heavenly!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 12:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266.5/209/199 Female 5' 7"
BF:50%/40%/30%
Progress: 85%

mmmm I LOVE chai! Very comforting this time of year. I also suggest Lipton's Green Tea with Honey. No carbs and it tastes like a graham cracker!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 12:19

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

i'm going to have to try this... i have a cannister of vanilla almond teabags that i use for iced tea and the stuff is amazing. i can only imagine that the chai would be even better.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-06, 13:33

Plan: my own
Stats: 151.5/142.0/125 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:?
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyJ64
Thanks, SunnyCarol! I've only been around for awhile, so I figured I'd qualify my post right away! Seriously - try this - it is so good. My favorite spices in the whole world are cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves....the smell is heavenly!

You should try the Yogi Tea redbush Chai. With cream and splenda it reminds me of a spice cake my mom used to make when I was a kid.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Nov-26-06, 17:06

Quote:
Just thought I'd share what I have come up with (there's probably a thousand threads like this, but I'm writing anyway!) to replace those wonderful Chai Latte drinks that are full of sugar and carbs. I took a Honey Vanilla Chai Spice tea bag (my daughter says this "smells like Christmas"), filled a large mug 3/4 full of boiling water, let it steep for awhile.....then added 1 and half shots of heavy cream, and one packet of Splenda (I don't like too much sweetness). WOW.....I am loving this drink! If I was home, I'd put a dollop of frozen whipped cream on top too! It's so comforting & delicious!
It's official! I've gone to every grocery store in this town and the next one over and this tea is not to be had here. Very few chais to be had at all and none even close to this. I was really looking forward to this treat!

Sunny!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Nov-27-06, 14:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyCarol
It's official! I've gone to every grocery store in this town and the next one over and this tea is not to be had here. Very few chais to be had at all and none even close to this. I was really looking forward to this treat!

Sunny!

Tried a health food store? Celestial Seasonings makes it, I believe, box of teabags available in even my local grocery stores that carry a fairly large selection of teas and herbal teas. When all else fails, though, check the health food stores.

#12   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-06, 05:34

BF:

Sunny - I found a special holiday one this past weekend too, called Holiday Chai. This is made by Stash Tea. They also have a website, too, that you can order from. I used to order this wretched Peach Tea from there that my boss just loved - blech. Hey, I can mail you a few bags to try - I send them to my daughter at college all the time! :-)
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-06, 07:44

Quote:
Sunny - I found a special holiday one this past weekend too, called Holiday Chai. This is made by Stash Tea. They also have a website, too, that you can order from. I used to order this wretched Peach Tea from there that my boss just loved - blech. Hey, I can mail you a few bags to try - I send them to my daughter at college all the time! :-)
Thanks! I'm going to keep looking. I bought some Celestial Seasonings Original India Spice, but it didn't 'smell like Christmas' and was only so-so good. I will be going to a larger college town (Charlottesville) soon and they have a Whole Foods. Maybe I can find it there.

Sunny!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Nov-28-06, 07:50

BF:

Good luck finding it - it really is wonderful, especially on a cold night!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 08:12

BF:

Hey, Sunny - did you ever find the tea?! I'm drinking some right now, and it reminded me!