Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 22:28
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 133/132/115 Female 62-3in
BF:24/22/19
Progress: 6%
Question PMS and bulk

Hey,

I've been trying to lower my carbohydrates intake these past 3weeks. The first week,I lost about 5lbs and had several severe cheat sessions. The second a little less and this week, so far so good. Yet, for some reason I feel thicker and bulkier and my caloric intake is down. Only thing I can think of is that I'm retaining massive amounts of water due to pms, has anyone ever experienced such a frustrating plateau?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 08:09

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Yep, I sure have for 2 weeks each and every month! It's very common for alot of women. Hang in there!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 21:55
Registered Member

I want to scream! Today I totally cheated..went up to about 3300 calories and had a 1 foot sub w. chicken and a hugeeeee bagel w. cheese and chicken ......I'm also too tired to go work out ...PMS is such a bitch !
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 16:42

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

as long as you keep trying , that is all that counts . i tottally go nuts close to tom. i feel like a bottomless pit and if it is not nailed down i eat it . that is one of the disadvantages of this wol.

keep working at it is will all work out !
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 16:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/167/135 Female 5"2
BF:
Progress: 65%

Why does my appetite increase right before my period? It really gets on my nerves...it makes me feel like i'm pregnant or something
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 22:42
Registered Member

Well the real reason is that your body temperture increases in preperation for menstration and due to increase in progesterone. You tend to burn some 300 more calories around this time as well, but if you're like most females the 300+ calorie allowance doesn't help compensate for the 2000 calories extra consumed on average during this time. WOW! I hate PMS. I'm currently walking around lik ea huge blimp. I feel if I'm poked water will simply pour out of me.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 10:25

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

TOM.... the most evil thing that I dread monthly! For me its like a three week ordeal! Week before TOM, I start retaining water, eat everything, and very mean! Week of bloated, unhappy, crampy and tired. The week after, trying to get my energy up, still retaining water, sometimes have whooshes! Then, I get a week of rest and I have to deal with this s*&% again!

GROSS! Hate it!

I do find other craving food though, like heavy whipping cream or LC Cheesecake, or maybe even strawberries, or drink a Diet Rite to chill my sweet cravings!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 10:41
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I wear baggy clothes for an entire week. Hehe.

I hate TOM so much. I usually bloat up like a balloon and gain around 5 pounds from water weight.

It goes away after a week or so though. We ladies just have to learn to deal with it.