Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#211   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 09:04
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

An alert for anyone using Pure Hoodia, Hoodonii, or SlimTron hoodia products.

http://www.newstarget.com/z006016.html
Sponsored Links
  #212   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 12:12

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

Hi and thanks for the info! I wondered why what I had just did not seem to work.
I am trying the sites that you listed, but I can not get the first two.
Thanks
Brenda
  #213   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 06:21

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

In another thread Hoodia side effects, I also posted 2 webpages on scams. Some thought I wasnt happy for the ones that were losing. I am glad if it works for you. By all means go for it if it works. I even bought desert burn and didnt work whatsoever and not buying any Hoodia anymore cause I thing for ME it doesnt work. If some of us posts webpages like Wcollier and others it is only for your info. You can be your own judge and do what you want. I still believe to this day you have got to read all you can before popping anything new in your body. The more you read the better knowledge you will have on what your taking. Then you can decide and do what you want. Here are the webpages that I posted also. Thanks for the webpage Wcollier. Was very interesting.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff130294.htm

http://www.thehoodiafactor.us/hoodia_free.htm
  #214   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 14:28

Plan: Mod. Atkins
Stats: 175/153/148 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcollier
An alert for anyone using Pure Hoodia, Hoodonii, or SlimTron hoodia products.

http://www.newstarget.com/z006016.html

O.K. folks, I just received today the bottle of Pure Hoodia Gordoni that I ordered 3 days ago, and now I read this!! I paid with Paypal, so doubt I would get a refund at all if I wanted to.

BUT...then again, what are we supposed to believe???? There is way too much info out there with companies slamming one another, what to do??

I DID read this article, but also noticed the guy responsibile for it has a link to HIS site selling his books!!

So, now what or who to believe??
  #215   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 14:50
Mad Scientist

BF:

Lanny, I'm really sorry to hear the hoodia hasn't worked for you.

Ironically, that report by thehoodiafactor.com was issued by PureHoodia, which has since been declared a scam. Goes to show, the written word on the internet often means squat. Thankfully Truth Publishing is trying to keep them all honest by testing the products.

I've always bought pharmaceutical grade supplements for this reason. It's more expensive, but I know that 3rd party lab testing always assures that I'm getting what I pay for.
  #216   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 15:12
Mad Scientist

BF:

Quote:

I DID read this article, but also noticed the guy responsibile for it has a link to HIS site selling his books!!

DGO, I'd be more concerned if he were selling hoodia. He's written about hoodia before. He's used it in the past, but has remained mildly skeptical. He likes it, but doesn't think it should be used without proper diet and exercise. Fair enough. Here's a link to past articles on his site that may help ease your mind that he's not a hoodia competitor. The ads you see on his site are inserted there by Google.

According to his article, you may be able to get your money back if you have concerns:

Also following the publication of this investigation, Pure Hoodia has posted a message on their website reading, "It has come to our attention that our competition along with a so called Independent Consumer Guide and a Consumer News Alert website is trying to discredit the contents of our Pure Hoodia capsules so let it be know that if for any reason you are unsatisfied with our Pure Hoodia or Pure Hoodia Plus product feel free to return the unused portion along with your original invoice within 60 days from the time your paypal payment was received for a full refund!"

Personally, the best I can do is believe anything that has some kind of certificate of analysis. I love my supplements, but there is a lot of shady business in the industry b/c the products don't have to be FDA approved. The best you hope for is 3rd party analysis, which the good companies voluntarily submit to.

.... by the way, for anyone who thinks I'm hoodia-bashing, I'm only the messenger. I love my hoodia and I'm grateful that I wasn't taking any of the "scam" products.

Wanda
  #217   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 22:04

Plan: atkins I guess
Stats: 210/206/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

i bought some hoodia- but like everything else, seems like it works for the first couple of days and then not anymore, so then i stop taking it. i have so many bottles of pills that i start taking and then stop after a week because i see no results. i am so no patient and it is driving me crazy,. how do you stay patient if you dont see any results in a couple of days.
  #218   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 09:08
Mad Scientist

BF:

Bacaangel:

Hoodia typically doesn't take a couple of days to start working. It can actually take up to 2 weeks before you notice a difference. Definately not for the impatient.
  #219   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 10:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

I'm down to 133 pounds this morning! And my waist is measuring around 25 to 25-1/2 inches (can't get dulicate tape readings, ever!).

I am close to goal, then on to maintenance -- can't express how pleased I've been with the hoodia supplementation (combined with standard low-carb WOE)! For me, this combination really works!

Bonnie
  #220   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 14:23

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

WOW! That is awesome!!!!! I have to get a scale to actually see if it is working for me. It HAS curved my hunger GREATLY, but then again I don't know how much of what is on me is actual WEIGHT. Lol. I am so glad that you are almost at goal, I have been watching your progress as well. Wow, congrats!!!
Good luck on the last 3, you can do it!!!
  #221   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 16:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 305/250/210 Male 75 inches
BF:leaner
Progress: 58%

Hey BKM,

Nice going! My wife and I took the Desert Burn and the Source Naturals - are you still taking one pill of each? Is Sesert Burn the brand everyone is having success on? Has anyone noticed a tendency to get grumpy after taking the Source Naturals? Thanks!
  #222   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-05, 08:28

I now take only the Desert Burn (I took the Source Naturals until I ran out -- I don't throw money away!). And I've found that 1 capsule a day works for me (as opposed to the recommended dose of 6/day).

And no, I never got grumpy with the Source Naturals -- in fact, I've rarely been at all grumpy since my divorce 11 years ago ... I removed the source of my unhappioness and everything seemed to get better!
  #223   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-05, 15:10

Down to 132 pounds! Almost to goal!
  #224   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-05, 18:57
Mad Scientist

BF:

Quote:
And no, I never got grumpy with the Source Naturals -- in fact, I've rarely been at all grumpy since my divorce 11 years ago ... I removed the source of my unhappioness and everything seemed to get better!
LMAO Bonnie!
  #225   ^
Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 08:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%

BONNIE - your progress is truly amazing,.. do you have any photos of you before taking hoodia, and photos of you now?