Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 11:44

Plan: Low carb / high Protein
Stats: 290/238/215 Male 6ft 2inc
BF:18.92
Progress: 69%

I am thinking of getting this today. I am a male so I will see for all us guys out there if it is going to work. I see that the biggest problam is getting one with the right amount of MG. I will look any sugestions on how much to take I live in Edmonton Alberta and if any of you live here can you point me to a great place to buy? will check in latter.
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 12:56

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

You know, I don't know nothing about Hoodia but I bought off the internet and recieved it today. I just ordered it Thursday, so these people are really great about shipping fast! It is a Desert Burn Hoodia with 750 mg. of Hoodia Gordoni, in a capsule form.
I ordered it from www.thebestlittlevitaminshop.com. The cost was only 22.50 and no shipping cost. After looking at the prices this is a really good deal! I don't know how many mgs you need, but from reading different reviews and sites on the Hoodia the mgs. I purchased is sapose to be all you need. And don't order Hoodia from China! I read that on different sites also!
Hope this helped
Brenda
  #198   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-05, 12:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

I broke the 140 mark, and I weighed 139.5 pounds this morning!!!!

I had given up on seeing this weight (and size) ever again -- and it's so darned easy losing weight now! At this rate, I'll be down to goal sometime in May. I tried on a bunch of my old shorts last night -- many of them got repacked, they were already too large -- but some of my really nice small ones fit well.

Bonnie
  #199   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-05, 13:02

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Wcollier, how long did it take you to recieved your Hoodia from desert burn? its been this thursday it will be 2 weeks and they took the money from the credit card the following day...not as if i live in north pole....even though days it feels like north pole! LOL...
  #200   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 13:27

139 pounds this morning
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 16:02
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny
Wcollier, how long did it take you to recieved your Hoodia from desert burn? its been this thursday it will be 2 weeks and they took the money from the credit card the following day...not as if i live in north pole....even though days it feels like north pole! LOL...
Lanny, you should be getting it any day now. It seems to take forever to get through the border. I don't know why, maybe b/c it's a supplement? I'd say a few more days and you should try contacting the company.
  #202   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 17:23

BF:
Progress:

I did, they said to give it another week then we will see...so i will wait...not in an hurry...i havent gain or lost over a year...so im sure a few more days wont hurt...buy heh, i will be on my bike soon...
  #203   ^
Old Sun, Mar-13-05, 19:09
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wow Lanny, over one year? Are you hypothyroid?

Bonnie, you go girl!

Wanda
  #204   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 07:28

BF:
Progress:

hypothyroid? nope had a blood test for all and healthy as a horse..thank god i dont look like one...hehehe...naaaaaaa im one of those people that is like one out of a million...like way back i would get pregnant on the pill, coil, condom etc...nothing works for me or i look at a cake and i gain or when i exercise it has to be 2x more and harder then a normal person...just one of them person...lol...but heh, you get use to it and you deal with it...the body is just telling me your at the last pounds and older you get harder it is...heh, so long im healthy...
  #205   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 14:17

Question To BKM~Questions about Hoodia

Hi! I way wondering what kind and brand of the Hoodia are you taking? I have been taking the Desert Burn brand for over a week and I am still craving, don't notice any weight loss, and today I am so bloated I feel like a pig! Is this common for the Hoodia, and how long does it take for it to work doing all it claims to do?
I know you have had success with Hoodia and thought maybe you could answer these questions.
Thanks
Brenda
  #206   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 09:07

Brenda:

I take Desert Burn (see their forum for different people's reactions to hoodia and in particular the Desert Burn).

I really think that part of the reason this is working so well for me is that I started it with my sugar cravings well under control -- that is, I've been low-carbing for many years. Others have found that they go through the standard sugar-withdrawal symptoms -- and for some it seems to work, others not....

I am down to 138 pounds this morning -- and a size small! This past weekend was a challenge for the hoodia -- my mother came to visit Saturday, and yesterday I stayed home from work and (almost) finished the flower-girl dress for my granddaughter -- and I refereed a fight between the bride-to-be (#3 daughter) and her maid-of-honor (#4 daughter) -- in other words, an irregular schedule with a LOT of tension.

But no cravings, eating stayed right on target -- I might have forgotten to eat entirely if there hadn't been others wanting to eat (which is the way I was when quite a bit younger and very skinny -- then as I gained weight I started eating in tense situations....).

Bonnie
  #207   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-05, 12:36

Default Bmk

Thanks for the reply Bonnie. I have been on that site. I tried to join, but after giving all the information I went to my email and could not link into the site. I am on AOL. It says I am a member but I can not sign in. I read where they are saying to give the Hoodia 3 weeks to work in full, so I am waiting. I don't have as much of an appitite, but the sugar craving are pretty bad. I have not given in and dont intend to. I'll just give it time and see what happens. I have also been on sites that give the Desert Burn a very low rating, saying it is not pure. Actually I have read where none of it sold in the United States is pure! That really confused the situation! The internet is full of things and information to confuse you!
Anyway thanks and you are really doing GREAT! Good luck to you!
Brenda
  #208   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 15:56

Stats: 160/150.5/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi Bonnie and all-

I don't know what happened, but I somehow became unsubscribed to this thread and didn't get email notices anymore. Anyway, I thought I'd check in and I see I've missed a lot!

Bonnie, that is SO awesome about your weight loss. I am very happy for you! Unfortunately, Hoodia doesn't seem to work for me. I'm going to give it another try, but I am not terribly hopeful. As I've mentioned before I find myself getting very hungry when I take the stuff. But I was mixing brands, etc. so I'm going to hold off on doing that this time and stick with one brand only (hoodiahoodia.com stuff). I was reading on that other BB link you provided and I see that someone named Sidda also experiences extreme hunger using hoodia. Interesting.

Anyway, I'm going to give it another go. We have put off trying for baby #2 for now since we are still trying to find a house to buy and have been dealing with some other stressors too. All of this has caused me to eat like crazy, which is why I want to try Hoodia again. I'm up 2 pounds from where I started a few months ago. So it's time to get back on the horse and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

Again, congrats on your progress!

Jill
  #209   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 16:10

Hi Jill,

I have no idea why the hoodia works for me but not for others.... Perhaps there is something in my body makeup that it works with, and each person has to find his/her own unique solution?

I do know that I tried ever so many different products, and nothing worked. But this past weekend I had some major stress (a daughter getting married, and a lot of arguing among the 4 sisters, plus my elderly mother visiting in the middle, etc.) -- typically I would have nibbled continuously, but I didn't stray in the least!

Good luck with finding your house, baby #2 (I have 6 kids, my baby is 20! -- and she's going to Basic Training, Air Force, in about a month and a half!), etc. My major stress at this point is one son who can't find a job (recent Ph.D. in physical chemistry, cum laude graduate, etc.).... Hopefully, soon!

Bonnie
  #210   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 12:31

Another week -- and today I weighed 135 pounds! Getting close to goal, though when I reach 130 I'll re-evaluate where I want to be, 125 had been my weight when I was young but I don't want my face getting haggard looking.....

I gave a couple of hoodia capsules to a woman that I work with, I'm interested if it will work as well for her -- and another young woman at work is getting ready to order some....sure hope it works for both of them like it has for me!

I did not give my 20-year-old daughter any (she wants to lose about 7 pounds) -- I figure Basic Training (she's joining the Air Force) in May will take care of any incipient weight problem!