Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1831   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-19, 06:38

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

SOB!
typed long post to all which I think was filled with tons of wisdom and compassion and smarts and more and lost it....hotspot kicked off. LOL

anyway I am on plan 100%

fun times here

can't retype that darn thing again....will chat up later

but to Jaz....stay on plan. 100%. that is what works for us! ONLY DARN thing

lol

see ya'll later
Sponsored Links
  #1832   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-19, 07:42

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori, I'm sorry you experienced that pain and pressure. I hope some answers come of it.

Hey, I looked around and I would think you would have a good bit of this already in your house that you could toss together. Give it a shot and see if it's close.
https://www.thespruceeats.com/moroc...ice-mix-2394934

Jaz, as the others have said, it is clearly bloat. It takes a lot more than a meal of Thai food to gain six pounds. Maybe a week or two of that! Plus with Green Chef you are incorporating more veggies. I personally don't think that will lead to a weight gain but it may take a bit for your body to adjust to it.

Watch: I think it is water resistant. Not sure- I take care not to get it wet. I use a magnetic band that was my son's. I don't like the feeling of a buckle on the underside of my wrist and this doesn't have one.

It isn't fixed/ reset or whatever, I just work around it. I either use the 'other' setting which will close the exercise ring but not show me mileage, or I use the hike or outdoor walk setting, which shows mileage etc but won't necessarily close the ring even after an hour of exercise. But I know what I did or didn't do.

Blue, well done on the continuing losses! The reduction in cravings is huge too. You are indeed back in the zone, my friend!

I agree with you 110% about there being too much info about LC/Keto. As with just about anything, it has led to more rules, opinions, factions and potential for confusion and guilt. I've had to turn largely away from all that as well. I'm trying to do what I feel like works for me, may be workable long term and is not on the 'trying to be perfect' plane bc that backfires on me 100 percent of the time.

Trig, sorry you lost your post. That is so annoying!! I bet it was the best one ever. Glad you are having fun and are in the zone!

••••••

We are having the cooler weather too and I am 100% LOVING it. I know the heat and oppressive humidity are coming and I pretty much hate it. It has been in the 60s and 70s for well over a week. I think the warmer weather starts coming back tomorrow. I won't complain- it has been an excellent run!

Gunner goes home tomorrow. I am sort of thrilled. He is a sweet boy and has fit in here really well but the extra work is just too much for me. The dog hair is absurd and no one else gives a crap about it. Three dogs to feed twice a day, three dogs to let out and let back in multiple times a day, 12 paws to wipe on each rainy day and dewy morning. Yeah.. I've had enough. Three months is my definite limit.

So today I am doing another training, 4-8 PM. I have to say though, not sure I will keep this job, which I realize is a ridiculous thing to say after doing the orientation and all the training. But I got the schedule for July after inquiring about what "as needed" means, and there were two days that were needed. One an 8 hour slot and one less than four hours. Meanwhile, I was warned about all these things that I would need to know/do as a front desk person, some of which are security issues- knowing which person has memory problems and could slip out behind someone else, etc. Well, there is no way to remember all those people and who are residents and who are not when I am there four hours a month! Plus how things are done, etc. I would wear the weight of that responsibility to heavily I'm afraid. So, we'll see. If it turns out that the opportunities are that limited, then I may see what else is available within the company or just move on.

Meeting DH today for lunch at a place called Cava. It is a build your own Mediterranean food place, sort of like a Chipotle. I looked over the nutrition stuff and I can make it work, I think. DH loves big salads so for him it will be perfect.

All the kids will be around on Sunday for Father's Day. I think the boys will be taking DH to see Rocket Man and then maybe they will all be taking him out to eat. I'll make him a good breakfast and I may see Rocket Man, or not.

Didn't walk or anything yesterday, will stop in to the 50+ center today for a bit.
  #1833   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-19, 21:13

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

. All I've got tonight. BUT, wanted to say I'm not only on day 5 of the challenge, I'm on day 6. Had a B'day party for hubby out at a local supper club and stayed 100% ON PLAN. Had steak and green beans and a side salad.
  #1834   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-19, 04:33

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

YAY! Blue....a fantastic on plan week. Hope you have a good weekend.

I'm a happy bunny today too. Scale is down over 3 lbs this week! I lost all my weight tracker info when I got my new phone, so not sure how long it's been since I've been at this weight, but I know it's been a while. I think I'm down over 10 lbs since we started these weekly challenges.

The main thing I have done this week is fasted till Noon most days and stop eating around 6 in the evening. Plus, I've cut out most of the cheese. The weight loss is certainly not due to exercise as I have done squat! I have about 2 weeks until cruise time, so hoping I can drop a few more pounds. I know I'll gain on the cruise, I typically average 5-7 lbs gain while cruising. I'm not planning to eat just for the sake of eating, but if I really want to have something special, I will have it. Plus...there will be all the drinking.

We had a nice time at the little party/reception last night. I stayed on plan except for 2 beers, and not lite ones either. Oh, and the meat was pulled pork and I'm quite sure there was sugar in it, but I had a small serving. There was a tray of yummy looking cupcakes and another of Italian cookies, but I did not partake.

Today DH is going with DS & DGS15 to Baltimore for a baseball game. I will be left to my own devices all day and night! He won't be home till late tonight.

It's a beautiful day, so I think I'll go uptown and walk around today. Really don't feel like doing the make up thing, but I'll have to if I go out and about. We have a cute little boutique that has been closed for remodeling and today is their grand re-opening. I don't really need anything, but I may go have a look. I'd love to have a part-time job at this shop. Really nice clothes and accessories.

I also have to stop in and check on DH's elderly cousin since he will be away. He stops in to see her every day and make sure she has something to eat etc.

Hope you all have some fun weekend plans!
  #1835   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-19, 06:14

BF:

fast one here for me today
sunny and nice
beach all day, gonna go detecting in a bit

on plan yesterday 100%
1 sausage patty, 1 slim jim shared with dog , bacon/cheeseburger out at diner, hubby ate my roll with his meal and I didn't touch a fry that came on the plate! I thought, hmm, I will eat maybe 4-5 with it but when they came I just stared at them and thought, they ain't worth it, LOL, so I just didn't bother. So I did very well for my day and I am rewarded by getting a lot thinner feeling again! a feeling I just love so that suits me

turtle walk at 11 last night, we saw 2 big loggerheads coming out of the water and up into the sand and starting to nest....very cool to see. one smaller, one was a lot bigger.

ok off I go, try to get time to chat up later, love reading along tho!!
  #1836   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-19, 08:10

BF:

Hi all! It's Saturday, yay!

Lori- down three pounds in one week is outstanding. Well done!! Enjoy your day to yourself today. Did you see the spice recipe I linked to for you upthread? Seems easy enough to do.

Blue- Well done, girlie! A six day streak! Yay you!

Trig- Glad you are having fun, hugging your plan and not feeling deprived. When do you head home?

•••••

All is well here. Down a couple of pounds for the week so that's good. Just plugging along in my own way and feeling good.

Gunner left about 9:15 this morning. I will miss him for sure but I am also looking forward to giving the place a good vacuuming and then not having giant tumbleweeds of hair everywhere. And less poop to pick up!

Dh went with his brother to VA to drop off the dog so he will be gone until this afternoon. He seems to have a cold starting up, poor guy. I was throwing the hex sign at him bc I have had a couple of colds this month from daycare visits and I really don't want another one!

I'll do either a walk today or go to the 50+ center. I went yesterday and it is a nice option to mix in with walks and such. I'm also allowed to use the gym and indoor pool and such at the retirement center down the road as long as I keep that job, too. So that's a nice perk!

I actually grabbed dinner there during my training yesterday- I got baked salmon, peas and a fruit cup. Ate all the salmon and I gotta say it was delicious and I'm not a huge salmon fan. Ate three bites of the peas and brought the fruit cup home for one of the boys. 8 bucks for that meal- not bad. We get free drinks too but I don't drink sodas anymore or iced tea.

Ds20 is home this weekend and plans to do an LSAT practice test today so we won't see him for about 4-5 hours. DS17 is taking pictures with his band- he is using my Pilot to drive a drum set out into the woods or something like that. No idea. lol
  #1837   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-19, 09:25

BF:

Nic.....yes I did see the spice recipe! Thanks! I am going to try throwing some together the next time I make salmon. It was really good and DH commented several times on how much he liked it. He doesn't usually have much to say about food, so a comment from him means it is really good!

Come to think of it, I think that spice would be good on chicken too!
  #1838   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-19, 11:20

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning ladies!!!!!!!_ Busy awesome posts from you all! Sorry TRIG you lost the long one! Another time!

TRIG- Will start with you! So MUCH fun to watch those turtles come out! I saw them in SC as well, as in St. Simon. If you have never been to St. Simon- it truly is one of my favorite places EVER! I truly love it. I could see me there forever! I glorious mix of southern drapy moss oak trees and southern charm on a beach! Not really tourist. Mostly a hidden gem off GA. And BEAUTIFUL! - if you have been put it on your bucket list!
YEA YEA YEA on you to pass up a French Fry- that said it all my friend!

LORI- The test are over now you wait! I am SOOOOOOOOOO thrilled you are down over 10 pounds- do I hear a WHOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!- All you gals are doing awesome on it! I'm impressed. It has really helped me too! 2 weeks until Trip time! Time to get out that little black dress!!!!!- oh yea!!!!

NIC- You made me laugh with the rolling hair balls. I love love to say "I don't know what she is talking about". But Then I look at my floor!!!!! HAHAHAHAHHA- for one small dog she sheds for 3! THAT IS ON MY TO DO LIST- rid myself of dog hair. Vacuuming is my least favorite thing to do, yet the best looking when done! I wonder why I hate it some much!

You have done due diligence for keeping Gunner for as long as you did. I am sure your IL appreciate the love you gave that pooch! But on the other hand- it was time to call it a day!
I totally hear the stress in your post. It sounds like MAYBE you have a bit to many balls in the air. I agree that it's possible that this AS NEEDED position may not be a good fit for this time in your life. You have a tone of things going on right now and when you spread too thin anxiety kicks in. At least it does for me.

You will have plenty of time to work when the time is right!
Thanks for answering regarding the watch! Sounds like you are really finding your path in LC. I agree so many people have thoughts on the "right way" to do this. No- it is not a one size fits all as we have come to get this. We need to find what works for us! - you sound pretty grounded and doing well.

Lori
- back to you for a second- you said something that really hit me. You really started dropping the weight AFTER you gave up the cheese. Interesting! - Oh BTW- I hope you got your credit for my order I am getting today. I am curious to see how it arrives. It have been on a truck now for 3 days. I am planning on the salmon for tomorrow. I really loved the sausage/ zucchini dish from last week. I WILL be adding that to my list of wants going forward. and it was SO simple to make.
It was ground mild sausage, ribbon zucchini, cherry tomatoes and onion- and their spice pack. Pretty darn good. I tossed in a hand full of kale for crunch at the very end! Really good.

BLUE-- 6 days on the challenge- you go girl!!!!!! PLUS you survived dinner out- a DH birthday dinner to boot! What supper club did you go to? I have thought about that place we met often and that walleye- PLEASE!!!!!!!! - OMG good! I don't see how you don't eat that 5 nights a week!
How is work coming along? I still have not found a table or a picture yet for my space. It becomes a priority- then I hem haw around and put it on the back burner. Funny that way!
You need to come for a week end and go shopping with me! Help me spend money I don't have!!!! HAHAHAHAH
I do like home goods though- I could really do some damage in that store. Do you have those in your area?

Any more night swims- pool envy here!!!!!!!!

HI GREG!!!- Jump in-
---------------------------------------------------------
Well with the exception of a vacuum - my house is put back together from my company and I am in full swing back into my routine! It rained the ENTIRE time my friend was here. And now the sun is out and the temps have dropped and the sky is a deep blue with a gorgeous breeze. I have all my windows open. I am hearing the birds just sing. I have heavy tress on 3 sides of my house so the bird songs are coming from all sides. It is lovely.
The breezy summer air low humidity is just well a perfect day! I love to get fresh air- I even opened my front door screen - so nice.

I have only two things to do- vacuum (see a running theme here?), and take my mothers husband to dinner.

I found a pretty good, reasonable place called the CUE. It sells BBQ- my favorite slow cooked hickory smoked. Not to expensive- sorta sports bar type in atmosphere. Anyway, He has helped me a bit thought the year with this and that. I don't have a dad- he is not my dad, but I think it is a nice gesture of appreciation. It's just the right thing to do. Again with boundaries. I am meeting them there- controlled environment and for a limited time frame. dinner done!
Plus I get BBQ!!!!-

I took a very lazy morning and did not get up until 10- sipped my coffee and it is going on 1:30 and I should get a shower!!!!- HAHAHA

Love these mornings.

I am back on plan. I am not getting on the scale for a week. I am just going to stick to plan and and eat clean, sleep well, and try to move my butt!

Great day all- I am so proud of us!!!!!- this challenge - we have embraced it and made it work for us!
Lets start week 6 on a ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #1839   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-19, 17:13

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Well bravo on 10 lbs down since the challenges began! How much do you think your last week on the eating window added to that?

Is that 5 to 7 pound gain on a cruise bloat weight or do you actually gain that many really pounds? That''s a lot for real weight, even if you've been eating off plan for a week. I have found that generally I've dropped all but maybe a pound or two a week post vacation if I stay tight on plan when I get home.

Trig---Good work on the night out. Turning down French fries is hard labor for me.

The turtle nesting thing off SC was a part of one of my fave books ever "Beach Music" by Pat Conroy. He is an amazing southern writer and it's a gorgeous book. So interesting about the turtles would love to see that.

Nic---Cool that you get these perks w/the new job that you haven't started yet, even better. CONGRATS on the 2 pounds down! To me that's cause for Eureka!

Jaz---Good to hear you're going to stay away from the scale for a week. No sense torturing yourself weighing bloat. Stick super tight to plan this week and I bet you get some of your loss back.

Very nice to take your mom's hubby out for dinner to thank him. And you have gotten very smart about how to deal with both of them. Yep, controlled environment and time. That's the ticket.

Yes, we do have Home Goods here. LOTS of stuff to weed thru. I usually go there for one thing, like pillows, or sheets or maybe a lamp. I get in and get out w/just what I was looking for or nothing. There's a lot of impulse stuff in there that ends up in people's basement w/in a year. Good place for gifts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G gads gals, I was so hung over today. Been a long time since I've felt like that. We were having so much fun at hubby's b'day dinner. There were 8 of us and I drank one cocktail over the line Sweet Mary. Also, I forget when I've been real LC the liquor hits me harder. Was total party girl till I got into the quiet car after we left and all of a sudden I thought, oh, oh.

Anyway, I managed to stay 100% on plan last night, my 6th day. But today is an off plan day. LOL, felt so super-D-duper crappy this am I went to McD's and got an egg McMuffin and a nice fizzy Diet Coke, and it wasn't till I finished it that I began to think I would live thru it. Something about Diet Coke and a little comfort food was just what the doctor ordered.

Cool cloudy day here. Perfect. Had a nice nap and feel way better. Hubby and I are picking up dinner at a new Jamaican take out place near out house and bringing it home. Won't be terrible on the carbs, but will be what it is. Back on plan tomorrow.

Will be getting cozy soon, eating our take out and watching A Place Called Home. So freaking addictive, that show.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sat, Jun-15-19 at 18:07.
  #1840   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-19, 18:00

BF:

Blue- You party girl you!!!!!!!!!- usually the best thing to do for the over done- is a 3 am visit to Waffle House for biscuits and sausage gravy with a greasy egg. Cures a hang over like no other!
LOLOLOLOL - not that I would know of course!!!!!!

I hear ya on the one over dead sweet Mary! - It has been a minute thankfully fully since I have felt like crap over a few extra drinks. I think because you go to sleep quick on wine before you get to that point. I am a wine drinker.

I will tell ya though what puts me under and sick is SUGAR- like a toxin to me. I get real sick over that. Hang over and all- and thank goodness I am a savory not sweets girl!

You post did make me grin though!!!!!!

LORI-
It is 730 pm and I still have not gotten my box. I have solved the issue though why yours comes out great and mine comes half dead.

check out the tracking on my box, and how many stops, days, and trucks it has been on:
Start from the bottom and work up. It has been on a truck Since 12am Thurs. and over 6-7 stops, multiple stops, and traveling from Jersey! You get your the next day! Mystry solved.

Saturday , 6/15/20196:24 amNORCROSS, GA
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
6:19 amNORCROSS, GA
Arrived at FedEx location
6:15 amNORCROSS, GA
At local FedEx facility
4:50 amKENNESAW, GA
Departed FedEx location
1:36 amKENNESAW, GA
Friday , 6/14/20196:16 pmRESACA, GA
In transit
6:10 amLEWISBERRY, PA
Departed FedEx location
1:49 amLEWISBERRY, PA
Thursday
, 6/13/201910:29 pmBARRINGTON, NJ
Left FedEx origin facility
5:57 pmBARRINGTON, NJ
12:00 amBARRINGTON, NJ
Picked up
Monday , 6/10/20195:18 am
Shipment information sent to FedEx-

Yup- you are just a few hours out and I am days. I am wondering if it is even still cold. one would think there would be more distribution centers. PLUS thinking about it- it had to have been PREPPED from yet another location and then SHIPPED to FEDEX- WOW.
That really did answer my question as to why yours is stellar.

I like the IDEA of it though. But I am going to cancel after this week. But hey not much out and I got to try it. I just don't know how I will fell about eating meat if it isn't still cold! Hey - thanks for the suggestion though.

Just back from dinner. My mother complained the entire meal. I spent one hour and fifteen minutes- then said I had to go. Her response was- you just can't wait to leave can you?!?!?!?- (NOPE)!!!
BBQ was good, had collard greens with.

I have some amazing news- I almost don't even want to type it. Nothing is in stone but my some is actively applying for jobs here! That would be SWEET!!!!!!!- THAT would keep me in GA. It would- I could see both my kids and we could all get together more often and it would be just grand. There would be no way I would leave if he were coming.
It has been 10 years since we have lived in the same state! Plus we would only be a 2 hour drive from "the kids" in Greenville! We could get together for weeks ends here and there- hang out, do hikes, it would be great. The family would be back together. Granted I am not single- but we have added 2 little ones to the mix that just fills my heart.

I am crossing fingers he can find something real soon! I will be looking for him too!!!! - So, that sorta changes my direction a bit. I know I can't live for the hope of something not here yet. But I would hate to leave only to have him move here! So in no rush. Want to see what happens with him!

I spent a wonderful day- (for the most part) just relaxing, enjoying the weather , and catching up on some new books, magazines, and writing I haven't done for a minute. NICE!

I am so proud of you all for recalling digging in and doing so well on challenge. I was flipping thought Gwen Paltrow new cookbook - called Clean plate. Most of what she makes is pretty LC friendly. She doesn't do Gluten, Dairy, red meat, starch, empty carbs, processed anything, sugar, anything from a can or box. Just about all she makes is from real fresh green veggies and turkey, chicken and turkey.
So it was interesting to flip though for ideas. She uses cabbage leaves in place of bread to wrap alot of things in.
She doesn't eat night shade veggies either. You know this is like the 3-4 times I have heard that the night shade veggies are a real weight loss stall. I need a refresher on night shade veggies. I know tomatoes are one of them.
She uses coconut milk in cream in alot of her recipes in place of dairy. It was a library book- so I am out nothing.

Ok- NETFLIX is calling my name-
  #1841   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-19, 18:37

BF:

JUST got my BOX- Lori are you ready for this????????- it was all COLD- and the ice packs were still half frozen!!!! everything looked beautiful!!!!

They packed it different. I ask the guy when I called to please make sure it was packed better the time. They must have loved at the distance. Because they added a "padding" top and Botton- and then ICE packs over the meat. The box was still dry. it was dripping last week. This week I am impressed with presentation! A tad late- but its cold and all in tact-
Salmon on track for tomorrow! -
Happy camper
  #1842   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-19, 04:40

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz....so glad your Green Chef box arrived in much better condition this week! I don't blame you for wanting to cancel when your deliveries arrive so late. I bet there is a similar food delivery service that is local to Atlanta. Maybe you could investigate that if you're liking the idea.

Fingers crossed that your son finds a job and is able to move to Atlanta. How nice it would be to have your kids close enough to get together often.

Blue.....hope you're feeling back to your peppy self today. That darn 1 drink over the line will get you every time! I don't blame you for getting the egg McMuffin yesterday. Protein & fat is the best remedy for a hangover.

Yes.....most of the cruise weight that I gain is bloat. Of the 5-7 lbs. that I typically gain, at least half of it is gone in a couple days of normal eating. We use the stairs on the ship rather than the elevator and try to walk around the deck track a couple times a day. It does help mitigate the damage from the extra food.

I spent a good part of yesterday watching videos on YouTube of people who have had rotator cuff surgery. I'm hoping I'm not headed down that road, but I have a feeling that I am. It's a long road, but I'll survive it. I did pick up some good tips from some of the videos on items that help with day to day tasks.

A rainy day today. I have to bake another shortcake for DH later this morning, as he's going to go get another basket of strawberries. This will probably be the last shortcake I bake for the season.

I didn't do my eating window yesterday, so today I must stick to it. I'm not sure if it's the reason for my recent weight loss or if it's the cutting out the Swiss cheese. Whatever, I'd like to drop a few more before month's end and cruise time.

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday!
  #1843   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-19, 05:00

BF:

love reading along with ya'll

sunny and nice today
beach day, goofing off

in a bit I am going to hit the beach for metal detecting.
woke up tired this morning, blah, so today is simple, relax, boogie board and maybe a nap is in order later HA

steak on grill last night, yum

hit the beach around 12 last night and me and kiddo watched a big old turtle crawl out of the surf and hit the beach and started nesting. very cool but we got ate up by skeeters. no breeze hardly and now my legs are itching this morning oh well, darn bugs! ugh, not the little skeeters at home, geez these things are like leer jets coming in at ya full speed and full frontal direct attack HAHA

turtle hunt tomorrow means bug spray on the legs for this old gal

have a good one!
  #1844   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-19, 07:31

BF:

Jaz- it sucks that it rained so much when your friend was in. Where is he coming from? Ohio? Do your kids know him?

That is such amazing news about your son! I can hear your excitement. Very cool!! You'll have to keep us posted.

Hey, speaking of keeping us posted, whatever happened with his fiancee who got sick? Is she still alive? Do they keep in touch at all?

Blue- sounds like you had a mighty good time! lol You gotta have a night like that now and again.

Enjoy your off plan day! Hope you like hot and spicy with that Jamaican food.. burns my mouth clear off!

Lori- mmmmm shortcake!! Yum! Do you not even have a bite? I would find it hard to resist not having one serving of that. It sounds delicious.

Trig- sounds like you are still having tons of fun. Sorry about all the mosquito bites though. When do you head home?

••••••••••

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you all have a good day today. I know some of you will be missing your Daddies today. Hugs.

I got up this morning and made Dh a nice breakfast in bed. I baked chocolate chocolate-chip muffins for him and also made him an omelet with fresh bacon, red bell pepper, onion, cheddar and some pepperoncinis. I think he was happy with that. I have him a couple of magic trick gifts that he wanted for when he comes down, then the kids and I are taking him to see Rocket Man (they are buying his ticket!) and then out to an inexpensive dinner (kids are paying his way too.) After that I will drive DS20 back to UMD and try to stay awake coming home! Full day!

Oh, and I also told DS20 I'd take him shopping around noon for some food stuffs that he can take back to UMD with him. He doesn't have a full kitchen, just a microwave and mini fridge, so he is having to be creative.

Oh! DS17 got his wild, out of control hair cut! I am getting better at parenting him and just letting things go and finding he will come around on his own. He looks so much better now that he doesn't have hair literally exploding all over his head. I could sort of tell that he didn't really like it but wasn't sure what to do and I just kept my trap shut. I actually really like the blond on him when it is cut short like that.

Apparently he has grown again. The boys suddenly realized it last night and it freaked them out. DS17 is now eye level with his 'big' brother's forehead! I am guessing he is now on his way to being around 6'3".

That's about it for today. Busy, so I am grabbing a little while to sit and relax while I can get it!
  #1845   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-19, 10:04

BF:

Happy Sunday morning- Slept in second day in a row!!!!- NIC- as I am sipping my first cup of coffee you have put in a full day! I was able to sleep till 10:30. Goodness!

Lori-
I am really hopeful you will not need rotator cuff surgery. But I think that we all know our bodies and we have a gut feeling when things aren't right. I waited until I was on deaths door before I would have my hysterestomy. You know what pushed me over the edge???? You ladies!!! I was whining for a good year before BLUE- - gave me the come to Jesus speech! - I think the word was unsustainable with life! Pull up the big girl panties and DO it!
So I guess the point is- we are hear for you! Whine all you want, and we will support whatever happens. I know though you will bounce back sooner rather than later. You are in GREAT shape and you are very proactive!

I am glad you are getting your cruise in before you have to "do" anything. Whatever that might be!

I was impressed with the box and how they packed it this time. So I am going to really follow the recipes as written and see how it goes.
I got the chicken, salmon, pork chops. Everything looked great this time around.
I also am going to have ribs sometime this week! Everything done! Shopping complete.

NIC- Your day sounds awesome! I want to see Rocket man! Let me know if it is worth the $$-
What you did for the DH was very sweet!!!!-
yes you have a fun and full family day1 Enjoy it- these times go fast! You blink and the years fly by- I swear they do!

I love that you are learning to "let go" just a bit with the DS17. You know it's funny- anyone who says kids aren't BORN with a personality has never had kids! They all have their own personalties. Hair grows ya know! Kids have been "rebelling" with their hair for generations! Remember Elvis and his flip back?- then came rock and roll and long hair hippie freaks, grunge, punk pink, Madonna white, it goes in cycles.
I sorta like the sliver hair! I watch Chopped - and one of the judges on there Anne Burrell has a white mohawk with blue tips! She is my age. It expresses us!
Awesome you can let the DS17 express-
Someday he will look back at pictures and go "WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!???"- HAHAHAHA
Have an awesome time with Family today!

TRIG- - OMG- the skeeters! I feel ya! Nothing is worse then blood suckers! Bug spray is a must! non moving air is a must! I have thought about what you said about strategic placed fans to get rid of those pests. I sure wish I could sit outside at night!
I am so happy you are having a grand time.
Ya sometimes you need a rest day even on vacay! - take it!
You have another entire week of bliss!!!!!!!

BLUE-
- What is a PLACE CALLED HOME? - Netflix, or that new subscription you got? I am so ready to ditch cable and just have Prime and Netflix. I am on the computer more than I watch TV. What I watch is mostly Netflix. I do watch HGTV and Food NETWORk- but I can down load those to my laptop and watch them.
My son was saying you can get some sort of device to put what you see on the laptop to the big screen if you have a smart TV which I do. He said it was a cable. I want to rearrange my living room anyway. I did find a table- on the fence about it. it is 588. 00 - but it is dark wood ( everything I have is dark wood)- but the dimensions are perfect for my space and I am not sure If I will find something else that would fit so perfect. Plus it has a extra leaf that is built into the table and comes with 4 tables. I will decide!

Awesome day it sounds like you had yesterday- on the low- recovering! HAHAHAHAH-
What does your upcoming week look like?

Have you tried Zoodles from Zucchini?

Hey Greg- hope you are well
-------------------------------------------------------
Had every intention of getting up early and going for an early morning walk. It is now almost noon and I am just finishing up my morning coffee.
Hot, sunny, and blue skies today, with some humidity= windows closed and AC cranking!

I have odd things to get done today. I am face timing the kids, and then vacuuming, it is REALLY going to happen today! HAHAHAH
I have some DEEP cleaning to do, you know the twice a year crap. Fan blades, baseboards, rugs, closets, I am also purging junk again to have more space. I have a Goodwill down the street.

Then after I am done I want to drag my neighbor out for a walk with me. I always feel good when everything sparkles.
OK- gotta get to work. Last week I weeded the garden and placed rock around the tree out front. Always something with a house.

ON PLAN!!!!!!- I am starting my 100% today!
Closed Thread