Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1846   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-19, 12:58

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Jaz---Yes, "A Place Called Home" is on Acorn. $5 bucks a month for this network and it is all British and Australian series and lots of them look fab. My neighbor/pal here says she has watched many great ones. "A Place Called Home" is like Downton Abby in Australia. Set in the early 50's, the fashions are totally fun, and the story is like a good book. "You can't put it down." 6 seasons of delish. And then if you don't like any of the other series, you can just cancel.

And yes, I've had zoodles, had the maker and the whole business. Got rid of it. They were just ok and a lot of fussing to get them to be not soggy. I much prefer the edamame noodles.

Lori---So you get the results of your test this week or when you get home from your cruise? At this point it seems it would just be good to know what you're dealing with. Been so long w/no answers. Fingers crossed for you it's not as complex as rotator cuff surgery.

Meanwhile, you're going on a cruise! Hoping you'll share a bit of that w/us.

Nic---Wow, you're hubby is a lucky ducky. My mouth was watering at the sound of that omelette you made him. I've been on a scrambled egg kick lately, with all different kinds of accessories---cheeses, olives, pine nuts, bacon, sun dried tomatoes, sour cream and hot sauces, I am loving eggs all of a sudden.

Ha, my mom was the hair bleach queen, I learned from the best. The reason T's hair got so big is because the peroxide actually inflates the size of hair strands thru the damage it does to the strand. Great at my age, I need the damage to fluff things up. But if you've got a head of thick hair it really can balloon things up. Sounds like he found the solution and all's well in the world of teen self expression---ha, largely a place not to tangle with, w/in limits of course.

Trig--- You are such a beach baby! I can feel your joy and fun from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solidly back on plan today. I was reading up on eating windows and IF yesterday---figured I might as well do something for the woe on off plan days.
The info I found said that an IF fast of 16 hours is every bit as good as an entire day of fasting, and so much easier to do.

We are not early eaters. Being a night bird I fear I'd be snack craving by 11. 6:30 to 7 works best for us. If I don't eat the next day till between 11 and noon mission accomplished. This is what I do pretty naturally anyway. And it expressly said coffee w/cream does not deter the fast. Been having my summer iced w/cream coffees lately so good news for me.

And in fact, I often don't eat my first meal till between 1 and 2. So that's a 5 to 6 hour eating window to boot. It was interesting how this article pretty effectively killed the forever meme that you have to have a good breakfast to start the day. For as much as I love good food, I have NEVER wanted to start my day with it, just has never FELT good to me.

I need to get my butt down to the pool later, so I'm going to put some wings under my sails by saying out loud here I will check back in after my water jog.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Jun-16-19 at 13:05.
Sponsored Links
  #1847   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-19, 15:32

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Blue.....I won't get the results of my tests until next Monday...the 24th. My Dr. is on vacation this week. Sis and I leave on our cruise on the 28th. So....I'll have all my vacation to ponder my fate!

If surgery is required, I hope I don't have to wait too long to get on the Doc's schedule.

I'm ready to get off of this ride!
  #1848   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-19, 16:35

BF:
Progress:

Back and done! 30 minute pool jog.

I haven't been down there for last couple of days because I rubbed the bottom of my right toe (the one I lead with) raw on the cement bottom of the pool. So I went to the master of all things, Amazon, and found some water socks. Stretchy and light w/a thin black sole on the bottom. Problem solved.

I may look into some small arm water weights. And I may not.

Oh, feels so good to feel good today. Yep, folded up party girl and put her back in the trunk. Didn't throw away the key though.

Had an avocado w/a bit of blue cheese dressing on it around 2. Will have ribs and scrambled eggs for dinner around 6:30 or 7. Sipped on iced coffee w/cream all day. So I'm really getting my fat and protein in for day. LC treat dessert will be a small handful of blueberries and cream for dessert. Was just reading what an amazing anti inflammation food blue berries are. I love the berries, all of 'em.

Should come in around 20 NCs. Perfect woe day. Not hungry and satisfied w/what I'm eating.

Lori---Aaaaaaaaarghhhhh. The waiting for answers! But I'm so glad you have the cruise to look forward to. No matter what, that will help put things in perspective.
  #1849   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-19, 20:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Blue- You day sounded wonderful. OMG who would have though of pool socks? serious????????????? Amazon has EVERYTHING- I do mean everything

You sound so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a good day here too! Right on target! - I have pool envy.

Have a great night- till tomorrow
  #1850   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-19, 05:13

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue....what a happy post! You are in the zone girl! What a fabulous idea about the water socks! I can imagine how sore your toe(s) have gotten from pushing off the pool floor.

I'm on the fasting train again today. I did well yesterday, although I had a little natural peanut butter last night and it was past 6 o'clock. I hadn't eaten much for dinner and knew I would have no chance of fasting until Noon today if I didn't have a little something. Only 5 hours to go until I can eat....

Our weather this week features rain....every freakin' day! Not all day rain, but showers and t-storms. I sure hope we have sunshine on our way to Bermuda and the Bahamas.

The highlite of this week will be getting my hair cut on Wednesday.

Trig.....wondering how things are going for you? When do you head for home?

Nic......has your household calmed down now that the extra dogger has gone home? Hope things are going well with the inlaws.

Jaz.....do you have a busy week with lots of time in the car? I hope it's not too bad. Hope you enjoy your Green Chef meals this week. I'm making the pork chops from my last box tonight. I had put the chops in the freezer when they came as I knew DH would not be home Friday & Saturday for dinner. I think tonight's menu has a creamy cauli rice side.....sounds yummy.

Time for a bit more coffee to stave off these hunger pangs. Only 4 hours and 45 minutes to go!
  #1851   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-19, 05:18

BF:

CHALLENGE DAY 1MONDAYWE ARE BACK!!!!- we can do anything for 5 days right??????

Good Morning! I need the challenge this week- I am ready. I don't care if it's bloat I want it gone!

Blue- I am glad you are enjoying the new network!!!!- Plus you are loving your pool! It sounds grand!!!!
How do you make your iced coffee????-
Have you ever taken a avacado- scooped out the middle and put and egg in it and bake it? I tried that once- then top it with hot sauce!

TRIG-
Still loving vacay? 2 weeks is a long time! I can't remember taking a 2 week anywhere- I have done a one week- but that would be awesome!
You took the grill- yup!!!

Lori-- Keep your chin up until you know something!!!! You have a cruise to look forward to. Where are you cruising to and how long is it? Is it just going to be a girls cruise? Where do you leave from?

NIC- - how was the movie? Did DH enjoy his day? Where did you all eat? I bet you are tired! It did sound like a full day! - What does your week look like?
----------------------------------------------
I am getting an estimate today for a power wash. Always $$$- but it is just an estimate. I have siding- I would have preferred brick, less maintenance. But it looks pretty when clean.

I grilled out yesterday and made left overs so I have grilled chicken for salad.
That will be that!

BLUE-- if you are looking into IF- check out Jason Fung! It really does change the way you look at eating and how often we truly NEED it.

You know what I having been thinking about this weekend? I had a patient who is from Spain. Anyway she has been here less than 10 years. She told me she has gained so much weight by living here.
I heard the same thing from a gal I met during orientation several years back. She was from Asia- and stated it is really difficult to stay slim here in the states. She stated she needs to cook all her own food and shop in specialty stores. It is eye opening.

Oh well- just something I was thinking about. How people all over the world eat. Interesting to me!

Have a great day all!!!!!!- lets all really start off on the best foot forward!
  #1852   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-19, 17:54

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---I've been meaning to comment, I think your Green meals sound delish. Can really understand how nice it is to just order and not have to figure out what to make for dinner.

I'm getting my hair done this week also and I really look forward to it too. This one will not be a cut, just me getting blonder, which I always like. Now I've started to have some deep brown added in for a more contrasty look and I'm liking that for a change. Do you color your hair?

Jaz---Speaking of IF, I was at lunch w/gal pals today, one who used to do LC and she went into a thing about how inconvenient it was, including that one had to eat every couple of hours---at least 3 to 5 times a day. I said who told you that?! She said it was the keto plan all her friends were doing. I said um, no, you can eat LC however you want. She was adamant the way I've done it for 6 years is WRONG. Haha. I just let it go. But it just shows to go you, there's a million opinions out there on keto and LC.

I will check out Jason Fung, have heard y'all speak of him so often I am curious. The 16 hour IF/6 hour eating window turns out to be very natural to my inclinations anyway, but it's nice to know why it works. As many opine out there, some of them hold much more weight for me than others. Or less weight for me? Ha.

Hi Trig and Nic!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had my b'day club luncheon today. Had a caesar salad and the girls ordered a basket of sweet potato fries for the table. I had "a cup" of them, which I know to be 19 NCs, as I buy them at Trader Joe's and use them as a side dish now and then. So that was my carb spend for the day. Pork chops and a side green salad for dinner, or maybe some spicy green beans.

Have a busy week w/something going on every day except Friday. By that I mean something I have to get looking decent for, mostly work appts. They may not be long, but once you have to go out for work or social, you have to do the hair and make up and outfit. Don't mind it once it's done and feel good when I think I look good. But oh man, more and more I sure do treasure my days I just don't have to give a rip. No make up. Hair--- whatever. Clothes all about comfort and just whatever I happened to slide up and pull on.

Still, I can see my current work jobs coming to an end by mid summer. Then I'll be freaked out about that and eager to doll up and go make some money---if there's a client out there to be had. SIGH. Life is like a teeter totter, and it stays in balance for such a precious small amount of time.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Jun-17-19 at 18:02.
  #1853   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-19, 02:33

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue.....that is so funny how your friend said that eating LC you must eat every so many hours. People just get something in their head and you can't dislodge it! I have never heard that frequent feeding schedule in relation to LC. I have often heard it touted by the high carb people. Glad you just let her comments slide off your back. You know what is what.

I am really enjoying Green Chef. My new box comes tomorrow. There look to be some yummy salad sides this week. One has artichoke hearts, which I love.

Yes, I get my hair colored. It is mostly just to cover the grays. The color I get is very close to my natural color, so regrowth does not show quickly. I'm able to go 12 weeks or so between touch ups.

Jaz....yes, the cruise is just me and Sis. Girls gone wild!! We leave from Cape Liberty in NYC and go to Bermuda and then on down to the Bahamas. 8 days. We are both so freaking anxious for this trip!

Stupid scale has popped up a couple pounds again. I don't know why I stepped on it this morning. I should just stick to Saturday mornings and that's it.

I made it thru my fasting window yesterday. Today may be a struggle as I'm up at 3:30.....that's a long time until Noon!

Yesterday I stumbled upon a "hack" to use if you are stuck or have indulged and want to get back on track. It is called the Beef & Butter fast. I may try it when I get home from the cruise to get myself back in line. As a matter of fact, I may do it for a few days pre-cruise too. Basically, you drink butter coffee for breakfast and then the only thing you eat is a cup of ground beef with up to 3 TB of butter added for lunch and dinner for 4 days. I also saw some lists that said could substitute any protein(meat or eggs) for the ground beef. I think I could do it as I really like browned ground beef. Most people make it to Day 3 before they struggle. Having the option to have a couple eggs instead of or added to the beef, would help, I think. 3 TB of butter added to a cup of ground beef is A LOT of fat. Yikes! I watched some videos of people eating it and WOW! I think I'd have to cut down on the butter a bit.

Maybe I'll try it today as DH is having leftover spaghetti. I'll need to figure out something for myself. Hmmm.....

Trig & Nic.....what's happening?

Greg.....

Later!
  #1854   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-19, 05:51

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori you got a pretty hair color
and Blue, I know your new color will make ya feel good...I just did my golden med. blond before the trip, I love it and it does feel great to have the hair done and being fresh and no gray for me HAHA

Lori I am reminded of the Egg Fast a ton of lc'ers do when stalled. eggs anyway...all the time...for a few days and the scale moves. Beef and butter, heck I like that one also

I don't IF or even pretend to follow IF in any way. IF for most is 'scheduled not eating window times'....I just don't do that. I do no eating when I am not hungry (which can be very long times between for a long fast) or I eat any time I am hungry LOL I don't bother labeling my not eating times anymore. Thing I might do for a planned day is a dirty fast. Most do water fast, I do dirty, as in broth, maybe an atkins shake if needed kinda thing. move that helps the old body well. I think I will do a 2 day dirty fast when I get home from vacay to lock in my loss.

HI JAZZ
NICCO
Greg, how is that bike tour coming? I bet you are having a blast, can't wait for a report

having fun
I know I am dropping some lbs...how much, not sure but I feel so much thinner and leaner....so that must mean something on the scale...LOL..but we all know sometimes it doesn't reflect on the scale...we shall see when I get home and weigh in

baby dolphin on boat tour yesterday. omg so cute. Momma had that big fin and the baby fin was just SO tiny next to hers....like a little stuffed dolphin toy. Had a good time.

hubby went charter fishing. caught a ton of big fish. had a blast. 4 hr tour so me and kid were gonna do beach but I got SO HOT....slept for 2.5 hrs in the nice rv AC and then we walked the dog......so today is hit the beach and boogie board, I got some good energy back.

on plan
today is 2 small pork loins on the grill tonight
got salami and atkins protein shake to drink later when wanted

hanging in very well, in the mind zone for eating, so that helps

we live sunday to come home, time is going fast

off to enjoy the day have a good one ya'll
  #1855   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-19, 11:13

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all! I'm here but busy. Yesterday I didn't know if I was coming or going! DS17 had his GC meeting at the high school and then had his well check with his Dr in the afternoon, then I drove him to UMD to hang out with his brother for a couple of days in the evening.

Dh and I both slept badly last night, lots of tossing and turning, so I'm pretty worn out today. Things to do and plan before the Boston trip on Friday so I'll be a little bit in and out.

Was on plan until Father's Day and yesterday wasn't too good, but marching forth!

Sort of read over things and everyone sounds pretty good. Will try to address some personals later on!
  #1856   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-19, 16:29

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Not to worry about the bounce up, but it is aggravating as heck. So much so that once I've dropped a few I'm afraid to get back on for fear it was all an illusion. I'm trying to stick to once a week at most, two is preferable to me, and NEVER till 2 days after a treat night, because weighing yourself after a treat meal is just masochistic.

I dunno about that hack. if you really like ground beef I guess it's worth trying. But all that butter w/it wouldn't work for me. But if you try it, do share. Always interesting to hear what works for people.

Trigger---Yeah, your time there has seemed to go fast from here. But you still have 4 more glorious days. Man, I can't think of the last time we took a two week vacation. In fact, I don't think we ever have. The way you do it is so perfect, a home away from home. Think I could handle your set up on the ocean for a month no problem!

Jaz---You must be in a biz tiz. Hope all is well.

Think it's so cool your son may move there. I miss mine so much. Heh, just when they grow up and get so fun to be with they go and move away.

Nic---So Friday is the day! I don't like all the things that need to be done before one leaves for a trip, and when one gets back. But in-between is heaven. Hoping you'll share a bit w/us while you're there. I really love hearing about people's trips and I think we're never as enthused about our experiences as when we're there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day #3 on plan for me, as I started back on the challenge on Sunday. Will still end up being 5 days as we are invited to some friends of ours for dinner Friday night and she is an amazing cook. Whatever's she's making, I'm going to eat it, so already have that scheduled as a treat day. Then I'll pick up back on plan on Saturday and go till I glow.

Just up from my pool jog and feel great. Nice LC meal planned. Should come in around 25 to 30 NCs today. Haven't been able to do OMAD these last 2 days because of work and social lunch engagements. Hoping to do so tomorrow w/the help of my iced coffee and cream. Thinking I may get some Toriani sugar free caramel flavoring to mix it up a bit.

Anyway gals, I think I'm really in the zone for the first time in a long time. Feels just dandy. Why oh why can't I remember HOW good it feels when I'm running wild off the wagon?
  #1857   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-19, 04:25

BF:

CHALLENGE DAY 2 - When do we want this? WE want it NOW

HAHAHA- I am actually digging the challenge. I tell myself It's only a couple days. And by the time the weekend rolls around, I am good.

Lori- I had my Greenleaf yesterday - chicken and "creamy" "rice" - I did like the way they presented the cali rice. I never thought to brown it in butter and get it crispy before adding liquid! It tasted more like rice! - I was full too! Then added a thing of broth, and then cream cheese. (yikes)! I wasn't crazy about the spices. It had a favor I wasn't crazy about and I could quite figure it out. I kept thinking I am not into this spice- so let me have another bite and another and try to figure it out- by then it was ALLGONE!!!
LOL- You trip sounds amazing! You are the cruise queen! You don't get seasick do you? - I like it too in that all these people are getting sick traveling- but on a ship it is pretty contained. Not that noravirus can't happen- but people aren't being poisoned. Have you seen that story??? I know you will have a great time!

BLUE- OMG- I can just HEAR IT- BLAH BLAH BLAH. People who become EXPERTS in LC and how to eat! You just have to let it roll. I get hammered all the time by my own kids who are "EXPERTS" and tell me I am shutting down my metabolism by eating only once. It is so much healthier to GRAZE ALL DAY........ Insert eyeball here!! LOLOL- I know! I also work with a VERY outspoken Vegan. they can be very aggressive. I jokingly have told he to back off calm down and eat a cheeseburger she would feel better. To which she responds with two words I can't write on here! - I really like her!!!!- Sarcasm is my love language!

I hear ya on having to get "dressed" for the day. Once you do it- all good. Just the getting there! Take the money while you can!!! You will have plenty of time to sit in pj's!!!- I think that every time I need to get up and go to a job that I am not thrilled about. If I didn't have it I would be in a heap of trouble. So we do what we need to do!

I bet your hair is gorgeous! I know you are a trendy gal! Send us a pic!

NIC- hey gal pal! Hope your week going well!!!!-

TRIG- - thought about you last night- I stepped outside to take Bella for a walk and got CHEWED to the max!!!!- I hate skeeters!!!!!!- so humid right now. I have my AC running on high! Do you have AC in the RV? I don't think I could sleep without AC!
How is the beach?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
OK- I am bloat free!!!!- yup you were right BLUE- 2 nights of Thai - is not 6 pounds. I do like the taste of Thai basil chicken. I think I have seen a LC- version of it too using coconut amino too!!!

I might pick up some fresh basil this weekend. The kids are supposed to come. We had to push it back do to the kids having stomach flu! But unless the something earth shattering happens they are coming
  #1858   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-19, 04:41

BF:

OK all I wrote the above post yesterday and didn't press post!!!!!!- I
was pretty shocked when I opened my computer this morning to discover it still sitting there unfinished.

That should be a clue to how tired and frazzled I am . I didn't finish working until almost 930 last night and then I just went to bed- back up repeat! Lots of travel today and tomorrow! Urghhhhh-

Humid and the rain- wow oh wow the rain yesterday! HARD downpours, that only happen southern style! the kind that turns the skies white and no visibility- thankfully I was home before all that started!

On track totally with WOE- not with my water and walking. But considering my schedule this week I will take the wins where I can!!!!

TRIG- So glad you are having a great time!!!

Lori- news yet?

NIC- you sound like me- coming or going???? See above!!!! LOLOL

Blue-

Have a great day all
  #1859   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-19, 05:14

BF:

Good Morning!

No news Jaz....Dr. appt is Monday the 24th. I'm just cruising along this week, waiting, waiting, waiting....

Can't wait for the cruise. No, I don't get seasick, but I don't take a chance on it and I pop a little pill every morning called Bonine. It doesn't make me sleepy and it works. If you wait to see if you get sick, then it's too late to take anything. I prefer to pre-medicate! Sis and I are obsessive hand washers and hand sanitizer users to try to avoid any on board Noro virus episodes.

Those deaths in the Dominican are crazy! Have they determined what is going on there? I wouldn't be in a hurry to go to any resort there.

Today is haircut & some errands. My cleaning lady will be here, so I'll go out to give her some space.

We had tropical downpours yesterday. I had just gotten to the grocery store and looked at the sky to the north and it was black. I thought...uh oh. It started pouring while I was inside and I had to wait a bit for it to slow down before taking my cart to the car. I guess we have more showers today, but not as severe. This summer is just like last year...rain and more rain. I'm not minding it as badly this year since I couldn't be on the golf course anyway. Stupid arm!

My Green Chef box comes today, so I'll be making one of the recipes tonight. This week I'm getting Alaskan Cod, Cumin spiced shrimp & mini meat loaves. I'll probably make the cod tonight.

Ok, I want some more coffee...slept in till nearly 6:30 this morning....fabulous!

Have good days!
  #1860   ^
Old Wed, Jun-19-19, 07:09

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori hubby uses that bonnie also when going on fish charters...he loves it

Jaz, here is pic of camper.

it has AC, queen bed for kid, King bed for us, full bath, full kitchen.
home on wheels....we live fab in this thing LOL

off to beach
cloudy but nice
rain gonna miss us I think so wonderful days til we leave on Sun to come home

HI ALL

off to get moving.....reading along and enjoying it....hubby out fishing now so I gotta move to beach and boogie board....kid, dead asleep, leave her here til she wakes up at 11-12-1? who knows HAHA

great day all
Attached Images
File Type: png Heartland_Torque_T29_107760_1_1.png (19.9 KB, 16 views)
Closed Thread