Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 23:09

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Lightbulb Check in

Saw the Hellers on TV today. The Other Half? Not a show I normally watch, stumbled into it. They seem to be such nice people.

Trying to stay sane and prepare for the flight to Fresno. Letting out dh's suit pants. Marriage has fattened us both. He's no longer a 29" waist, it's more like 32 1/2.

I had several small snacks today
roast beef with a lettuce leaf

Dinner was: braised beef steak, salad w/mayo
6 strawberries with 1/8 - 1/4 c soy milk

late night snack:
beef, pickles, olives, lettuce

Lusting after fritos, or potato chips, or corn chips. None in the house TG!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 04:03

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Angry Bad Day

OK, I had my breakfast meeting yesterday morning and I did so well. I ordered scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon. That's it. So I was so very proud of myself. I knew that I was having my RM at lunch yesterday. I had sushi at the new restaurant that opened yesterday at my work. I wasn't hungry when I got home, and wasn't going to eat dinner. Then I got nothing but bad news when I came home and my whole weekend is totally ruined (well all my plans anyway) and started getting a little hungry. So I said to myself F*** it... and ordered out I ate an italian poutine for dinner.

I gained 1 lb this morning. I'm happy I'm still under 180 but still!!!!

Back on the saddle again......
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 13:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/159/135
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default FirmDiva

I was not too into eggs either. Some mornings, I'll just eat a piece or two of sausage and some cheese. Try some bacon, ham, or another meat. Try to keep the carbs low during the day, or until your reward meal.

BTW, I really enjoyed reading your journal!

Marsha
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 21:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/205/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Fell off the wagon!

Well on Wednesday I didn't have anything to eat all day, then had my Reward Meal......nothing but carbs!!! Pizza, cheesie bread sticks...oh wait a minute.....I did have that salad before all that with some cottage cheese!!
Unfortunately, we brought the left-overs home from the restaraunt... and there they were...sitting on the counter....and I just had to have some more! This actually was the first time I have experienced cravings like this since I got started on CAD and CALP.
So now I'm begging for forgiveness and trying to head back down the straight and narrow!
Scale does show a one-pound gain.......man it only takes one time...
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 13:40

Plan: CAD
Stats: 321/318/148
BF:
Progress: 2%
Cool Just finished my first meal (breakfast)

I've been lurking about this site for almost a week. I initially thought to do Atkins, but realized CAD would be a better way for me, even if it is slower. (My brother was quite successful on Atkins, losing 50 lbs, but has stalled since adding baked potatoes with his steak.)

I just had breakfast: Very simple and easy.

Scrambled eggs (3) with grated cheddar and jack, a Tbsp. of crumbled bacon, onions and 1/2 small tomato. I made it with cream. (I couldn't taste the difference between using cream and skim milk, so I might switch back to skim). Water and vitamins.

I don't care for eggs especially, and NEVER alone, but I find if you put lots of stuff in them, they are really pretty tasty.

I really like this site. It seems so inspiring! I just know I cannot go on feeling the carb-induced stupor like I experienced yesterday -- maple bars, Milky Way, blueberry muffin, Orange Chicken, a mountain of steamed rice, birthday cake, mashed potatoes, breaded fish, corn. . . I scarfed it all down and was utterly miserable. There has to be a better way, and I hope this is it!
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 14:48

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Unhappy Checking in...

Still struggling with my restart. I sort of set myself up for failure though since it was TOM and I'm on call and working all weekend.....oh well, I keep hanging in there. I know once I get over the hump of starting this WOE becomes automatic and I don't even want other stuff......

-animaldoc
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 11:52

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Here, Here!

Animaldoc, I can SO understand! Tom, ofcourse is late. This might be one of the more stressful times of my life, and I restarted CALP (serious CALP) the 11th. With Atkins, I've been retaining water since last tom.

I decided to gamble that we are moving and got boxes yesterday and started packing. When I haven't listened to my intuits and didn't pack, we had partially full boxes, rush and MAJOR stress. DS even put one book in a box. DH isn't helping and I'm not asking. LOL I just have him check to see if a box will fall apart or if it will be impossible to move. I know it's stress, but my throat is getting sore, too. I refuse to get sick!

I may not be posting here much for awhile. Good Luck everyone!
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 15:55

BF:
Default Broke Even

Hey all,

Well I was away all weekend (hence the no post). I was really good too. I just weighed myself when I came home (yes in the evening) and am at 179... which means that when I weigh myself tomorrow, I'll be pretty low (well lets hope)

Meals... Ummm ok...

Friday wasn't a good day. I cheated. Had

B: Strawberries & coffee
L: Sushi
D: Chicken & Fries (from restaurant)

SATURDAY:

BR: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 coffees
L: chicken salad (no bread, and low carb mayo)
D: Fried rice, 5-6 mini-mini pizza (appatizer size) Strawberry for desert.

SUNDAY:

BR & L: 3 fried eggs, 1 1/2 coffee
D: 2 tomato bacon sandwiches (made with LC bread)

Drank water over the weekend, but not as much as I should.

Hopefully when I weight tomorrow morning, I'll be at a good weight.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 05:41

BF:
Default NEW WEEK

OK, TIME FOR A NEW WEEK>>>> WEEK 8... GO TO NEW THREAD