Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 07:42

Plan: CAD and 12 DD (Mayo)
Stats: 223/206/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

A new outfit per month is great motivation! I think I will dangle that carrot for myself!!

My prob right now is that it has FINALLY turned cold. I need clothes so badly and can't find stuff to fit right from second-hand stores. I end up having to buy new and it is such a waste of money to only wear it a short time. Any ideas, folks?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 10:10

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 213/130/130 Female 5'5.5"
BF:21.83%
Progress: 100%

Thanks Mary-Ann, and congratulations on losing those two pounds!

Dawn--Would it cost too much to have the clothes that are too big made smaller? I know, for me, I will wear an outfit even when it is way too baggy just so that I can at least wait another two sizes before I look so rediculous that I'm forced to buy new clothes. LOL
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 12:07

BF:

Sandy, I'll have to look into finding someone who could alter them for me. I certainly can't, LOL. I usually do wear them until they are falling off. When I first did CALP before I got pg the last time, I would wear thing until my son's therapists would laugh at me and tell me it was time to get ride of "that" outfit. I loved it! For so long though, I haven't been investing in clothes bc I was planning on CALP making then too big quickly. I haven;t been buying the best quality stuff because of that so many times they are in bad shape by the time it is time to replace them (or size them down.)
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 13:00

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Sandy you look wonderful. Makes me more determined to stick with it.

have a great day,
Linda
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 08:23

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

cad-dawn-

I shop the sales, yesterday I was at Marshall Fields and they always have a couple 80% off racks that I was checking out. An employee told me, we're really trying to sell the 80% off stuff, it's now all $1.97 an item. I bought 1 sweater, 3 shirts, 2 skirts, 1 pair of pants all for under $20-, and they were all great brands, Kenneth Cole & Ralph Lauren. I felt like I'd won the lottery, it was sooo cool!

Also JCPenney usually has some great sales too, 70-80% off. Target has good sales too. I found a cashmere sweater for $4- there before!
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-05, 09:57

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 213/130/130 Female 5'5.5"
BF:21.83%
Progress: 100%

Thank you so much, Linda!

Summer--Those are great suggestions! I'm going to have to look into that, too. I love a sale. I know, what girl doesn't?

#37   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 22:10
Registered Member

Plan: Vegetarian CAD
Stats: 120/120/100 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 0%

OMG! u look great. You sure it aint an after pic?
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Nov-01-05, 22:37
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Quote:
My prob right now is that it has FINALLY turned cold. I need clothes so badly and can't find stuff to fit right from second-hand stores. I end up having to buy new and it is such a waste of money to only wear it a short time. Any ideas, folks?

The best idea I have is to buy jeans and other pants with a bit of stretch in them, that way, when they start to get a bit loose, they'll still stay on.

You could probably get away with buying either mid-rise or low-rise stretch jeans, boot-cut style and be able to wear them for quite awhile.

Other than that, you might want to consider buying new clothes at the discount stores since you won't be wearing them for long. If you buy simple styles and stick to classics, you'll be able to make these things look more expensive than they really are. You can always dress up outfits with luxe accessories - nice shoes, pretty scarves and a good handbag.

Happy shopping
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 12:15

BF:

Sandy, I'm gonna have to check into Marshall Fields. I don't know if we have one around here. I'd love to find some sales like that! We did just get a Penney's but there selection is terrible! I found an alterations seamstress. We'll see about that. Girl, anytime I need inspiration, I just come look at your pics!!!!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Nov-02-05, 12:19

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Wow! What an amazing transformation. You look AMAZING!! Well done!