Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-12, 22:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149.6/143/130 Female 170cm
BF:Stats not updated
Progress: 34%
Default About to go through my second miscarriage

It is uncanny, I got pg last year via IVF (tx on the 18th of August) and miscarried October the 4th 2011. This year I finally got pg again via IUI (on the 12th of August) and yesterday (6th of October) I was again diagnosed with a missed-miscarriage. Now I have spotting, so maybe this year I won't need the Cytotec.
I am 42 been ttc #2 for over 3 years since DD was 6mo.
This time I was on DHEA, baby aspirin, L-Arginine, Q10 (large doses) and cod liver oil. I also take extra D3 and other supplements. I don't know what helped me get pg this time, but none of the above helped my baby survive. I have been l\c for 8 years although I did add fruit when TTC and PG.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-12, 00:25

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

I feel your pain. I had a total of 5 miscarriages. I had my kids late, with the help of infertility treatments for DS2. The doctor with DS2 gave me progesterone suppositories, saying it would help the placenta vascularize. Maybe that helped him 'stick'.

I'm sorry you have to go through another miscarriage...it is such a painful loss. Hopefully another round will work.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-12, 04:58

I have always had Progesterone support. Nothing helps, I am "unexplained". Now after so many years, twice in a row the same dates, I can't believe it. It is like living a re-run. I am sorry you had so many youself, it is so hard.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-12, 16:32

Thanks. I still occasionally think of them, like yesterday.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-12, 11:39

I was just hoping that improving my nutritional status and taking all of the extra supplements especially the cod liver oil after reading about it on the Weston Price site would change the outcome. It takes me FOREVER to achieve pregnancy and then to miscarry is just devastating. Given my age I am nearing the end of the line and that makes everything much worse.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-08-12, 12:11

It can't hurt...do it. I know it is devastating, I'm so sorry this keeps happening. Hopefully the next time will be a keeper.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-12, 07:02

It happened last night. I slept from 10:30 to 11:10 and then cramps woke me up, I bleed a lot and then the pieces started to come out. At about 12:30 it came out whole, a ball a bit bigger than the one I had last year. After that more blood and I buried it under the orange tree next to its sibling. More periodic contractions kept me from sleeping till 4 am. I woke at 6 to get to the Dr's office to get my shot since I am RH negative. I am tired but emotionally numb. The m\c itself was less painful than the medicated one which was not very painful either.
Nobody should have to go through this once, let alone twice, I really feel for women with multiple repeat losses.
I started taking Iron pills since I am bleeding so much, do you have any other advice for me?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-09-12, 08:08
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

I'm sorry for your loss.

10,000 IU of vitamin D3/day until your level is ~120 ng/mL. and then 5,000/day thereafter to maintain.

D3 is important for fertility, healthy fetal development, uncomplicated pregnancy, the ability to carry to term, and an easy delivery.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-12, 19:15

Stats: 203/186/148 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 31%

I second what Zuleikaa says. I take Vitamin D3 and vitamin C in addition to my prenatals. I had a miscarriage in 2010 and it took me six months to fall pregnant again. Carried to term, but I bled throughout my pregnancy. Turns out I have a bicornuate uterus, and my daughter's placenta had attached itself to the septum, which meant she did not grow as quickly as she should have. So much stress. I would love to TTC number two, and am hopeful we can achieve this soon. Keeping you in my thoughts.