Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#601   ^
Old Sun, Nov-05-06, 20:43
Registered Member

Plan: The Anabolic Diet
Stats: 245/241/165 Male 5.7
BF:enough
Progress: 5%

My name is Deb and I live in Airdrie (Calgary). I was born in England and have been on and off low carb for a while. I work in Calgary as a city pick up and delivery truck driver. (Tractor trailer or Semi), and I haul beef! How is that irony!
Sponsored Links
  #602   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-06, 16:46

Plan: Low Carb Style
Stats: 155/130/122 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hey you guys...
I have been MIA from this thread for a little while. Hope ya don't mind if I come in here for a quick question.

I am from Edmonton and although I have an AWESOME Low carb store, I am moving South to Calgary in a few days. I am wondering if I need to stock up on the syrups and sauces that I use before i head down this weekend OR someone can give me some good advice where the local low carb stores are around town.

Thankis for the help ladies, I truly appreciate it!
  #603   ^
Old Mon, Dec-11-06, 18:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/165/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Dylan,

I am from west of Edmonton. Where is the low carb store you use? Many Thanks!!!!
  #604   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-06, 10:45

BF:

It's called Maximum Nutrition on St. Albert Trail off 137ave. So, North West. Ill PM you the phone number. As far as I know, the website is still being built. Great prices and friendly people. I've been to the Low carb Gallery and it is 1/8 of what this store has to offer. They are slowly expanding, adding in a nutritional center and fresh products aswell. It's well worth the trip, hardly far from the west west end.
  #605   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-06, 10:22
Registered Member

BF:

Dylan,

I hope you got my thanks. I wasn't certain how to do the PM. THANKS!!
  #606   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 22:52

BF:

I just did. I was temporaril away from a computer that would allow my PM's!! hahha. It was drving me crazy.

I hope you had a chance to get to Maximum nutrition. I've yet to find a place here in Calgary though. YET!!!
  #607   ^
Old Sat, Jan-13-07, 10:26
Go Big or Go Home

Plan: I plan to lose weight!!
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:47.65/25.28/28.8

I get my syrups and other LC products from the Diabetic Depot
http://www.diabeticdepot.com/index.htm . There are 2 locations in Calgary...one off 37th St. and one in Ranchlands. I've never been to the Ranchlands store, but the one on 37th is awesome!

When I don't feel like driving too far into Calgary, there's also a store in Deer Run (I think that's what it's called) called Diabetic Delights (I believe that's the name) and they have syrups and other LC products, but it's a very small store and they don't have a lot of product compared to Diabetic Depot. It does when I'm in a pinch tho.

Hope this helps.
  #608   ^
Old Mon, Jan-15-07, 12:36

BF:

Yes it does. I appreciate the info
  #609   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 21:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/150/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksrus
I get my syrups and other LC products from the Diabetic Depot
http://www.diabeticdepot.com/index.htm . There are 2 locations in Calgary...one off 37th St. and one in Ranchlands. I've never been to the Ranchlands store, but the one on 37th is awesome!

When I don't feel like driving too far into Calgary, there's also a store in Deer Run (I think that's what it's called) called Diabetic Delights (I believe that's the name) and they have syrups and other LC products, but it's a very small store and they don't have a lot of product compared to Diabetic Depot. It does when I'm in a pinch tho.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info about Calgary, certainly helps! (I'll have to look up deer run...never heard of it..)

Thanks though, really helpful
  #610   ^
Old Sun, Feb-04-07, 12:58

Stats: 210/200/150 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Unhappy How Come So Many Over Weight Females Are Devorced ?

HI ALL DEVORCED GIRLS !!
I HAVE BEEN READING SO MANY THREADS ,AND IT SURPRIZED ME TO READ THAT ALOT OF HEAVY GIRLS ARE REMARRIED .

Last edited by elephant20 : Sun, Feb-04-07 at 21:42.
  #611   ^
Old Tue, Feb-06-07, 11:26
Registered Member

BF:

elephant20

This might be an interesting question to post on the main boards. Let me start by saying I am not divorced and I have a happy marriage. I never had a weight issue until I had children and became a stay at home mom. My self esteem plummetted with the weight gain. I wasn't comfortable with my husband touching me for fear of him feeling the fat roll. I was a confident, agressive woman who turned into a fearful, jealous woman. I hated meeting my husbands new friends because I always felt they looked at me as if I didn't "measure up" to his looks anymore. There is no doubt this took a toll on our relationship and perhaps if I hadn't decided to lose this weight in a few more years it would have been enough to tear us apart. Any others theories?
  #612   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 05:44

Stats: 260/223/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi ya'll, I am an old alberta cutie who is back. I used to live in the Hat but have now moved to Camrose. During the move I fell off the wagon and gained a whack of weight back so I am back on and starting again. With the move and renos we ate far too much take out. Looking forward to connecting again.

Linda
  #613   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-07, 09:02

Stats: 210/200/150 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

hi MY NAME IS ELAINA, AND I LIVE NEAR ST PAUL , ABERTA, LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS ON LOW CARB DIETING. I HAVEN'T STARTED YET , BUT I HAVE BEEN READING ALOT ABOUT LOW CARB. I THINK IT IS THE DIET FOR ME.I NEED TO LOSE 50 POUNDS. I HAVE BEEN WALKING ALOT,OUT SIDE & WALKING TAPES. I JUST NEED A LITTLE ENCOURAGMENT, WICH I DON'T GET FROM MY HUBBY. I LIVE OUT ON A ACERAGE, ABOUT 40 K FROM TOWN,AND CAN'T EVEN FIND A WALKING PARTNER TO PUSH ME ALITTLE. I AN 53 AND A HAIRSTYLIST.
I GET BORED, SO I EAT ! THANKS FOR ALL YOU HELP, ELAINA
  #614   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 23:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkinsish
Stats: 188/188/145 Female 68.4 inches
BF:

Hey there!

I love in tha Calgary area and appreciated the info on LC stores. What products do you guys reccomend? I still eat quite low carb and don't use any products other than Splenda. I was also wondering where anyone buys low carb tortillias? I havn't seen them in a while. Last where do you all like to eat out? I like Swiss Chalet and Red Lobster. Hope to hear from someone. Keep up the good work.
  #615   ^
Old Wed, Feb-28-07, 05:54

Stats: 260/223/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 34%

I use the davincii syrups. I get my tortillas at superstore (fibre watching or something like that). East side marios, Boston Pizza (salads). I have a 9 year old so we don't seem to eat out much. I like the curry mango sauce that I get at the low carb store. It is nice for stir fries.

Linda