Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-20, 04:24

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Veganuary? Campaign against meat, milk, eggs & fur ramps up in 2020

Veganuary? Campaign against meat, milk, eggs & fur ramps up in 2020

https://www.beefmagazine.com/beef/v...-fur-ramps-2020

Quote:
Popular culture is trying to dictate and shift our dietary habits away from meat. Check out these latest headlines to see for yourself.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-20, 11:54

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

It's interesting, the fact that I hear about Veganuary through the news on TV etc, when for some reason in my social media feed, what I'm hearing about instead is Organuary, a competing drive to encourage consumption of organ meats.

It's like meat vs veg is becoming the new low carb vs low fat...
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-20, 14:03

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
It's interesting, the fact that I hear about Veganuary through the news on TV etc, when for some reason in my social media feed, what I'm hearing about instead is Organuary, a competing drive to encourage consumption of organ meats.

It's like meat vs veg is becoming the new low carb vs low fat...
More about Organuary here:

https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=483346
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-20, 15:24

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Does anybody remember this article

Quote:
French Butchers Terrorized by Vegans and Animal “Rights” Groups

https://greenjihad.com/2018/06/26/f...-rights-groups/
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-20, 19:11

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I just read this article and it's unbelievable.

Quote:
UK Counter-Terrorism Force Assigned To Protect Butchers from Vegan Terrorists
gjihad / January 1, 2019

Since vegan activists in Great Britain have become more violent, the country’s counter-terrorism task force has been assigned to protect people employed with the meat industry.

The UK Daily Mail reveals that the British Poultry Council and the National Pig Association requested support from authorities after increasing threats against employees at farms and slaughterhouses from animal rights terrorists.

In recent years, vegans have been litigating in English courts seeking protections from discrimination and having their lifestyle recognized as legally protected. Sofar, they have failed since it is not the typical philosophical belief such as if one belongs to a religious organization or sect.

During May, the Daily Mail also reported that staff at a family-run butcher establishment in Kent were living in fear resulting from vegan thugs threatening to firebomb the butcher shop, with the outside of the building being covered in Animal Liberation Front graffiti.

It is good British authorities are treating these as terrorist-related incidents. However, they speak to the much larger problem of animal rights. Veganism is the logical extension of animal rights and once someone equates an animal as a sentient being on par with a human then the next logical step is not only to halt eating meat but also conduct violence and intimidation against people who work in the meat industry.

Animal rights is grounded in a mystical reverence for animals while relying on lies and manipulation (force and fraud) not just to maintain their memberships but also in order to achieve their aim of eradicating humans by making people’s lives a living hell on Earth. It is centered on the subjective, nihilistic ethics of the animal kingdom and holds that world as its highest value over the civilization of mankind.

https://greenjihad.com/2019/01/01/u...gan-terrorists/
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-20, 04:23

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Fanaticism is never a good idea.

I can't find it now, but there was an article explaining why vegans are so unhinged. Lack of B-12 in the brain.

Didn't find it, but found another one I will put in the media section.

Last edited by WereBear : Sun, Jan-05-20 at 05:20.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-20, 05:56

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

For some reason we Westerners seem to have more sympathy for animals than we do for children.

If I recall correctly, the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals began in the UK long before there was any push to prevent cruelty to children.

Even today, there is media uproar over the perceived cruelty in animal husbandry and how animals are handled to supply food, than there is about the protection of children.

When I was an avid dog show exhibitor, my handler explained to me that she earned more money as a dog handler and trainer, than she would teaching ballet to children. As she put it, people are more willing to spend their money on their pet dogs than they are on their children.

I wonder why that is.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-20, 06:39

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
As she put it, people are more willing to spend their money on their pet dogs than they are on their children.

I wonder why that is.

For an appallingly large number of people, getting pets is a choice, while having children is not.

One of the earliest books (1971) to explore being child-free was The Baby Trap by Ellen Peck. In it, she explains studies which indicate oldest-born daughters who shoulder a lot of the care of their younger siblings have a greatly increased chance of not raising a family of their own. Generations ago this was only more exaggerated, as boys mowed the lawn and took out the trash, while girls did everything else. This unequal division of labor extended to women who very much wanted to raise a family; only to discover they are basically doing it all by themselves.

I see engaged and interested fathers all around me now, and that's a great thing. Considering the acres of ink about how badly both girls and boys do with a neglectful and disinterested parent of any sex. In fact, it led to a spate of books at the turn of this century where women declared that getting divorced gave them more free time. Because they had ditched their "most immature child" who would never properly contribute and needed continuous care even as their own children took on more and more responsibility around the home.

Imagine you didn't want a dog but through family pressure, societal expectations, or "just not thinking about it" you got one. And you don't like it. This is not going to be a happy dog, or a happy person. Instead of enjoying the walk, the training, the expense, it's all a huge burden.

That's too many actual parents.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-20, 05:34

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

But...January is also World Carnivore Month.
In addition to numerous new success stories at MealHeals.com this year, the popularity of Dr Shawn Baker's podcast and twitter, this month Joe Rogan is doing the Carnivore Diet, meat and eggs only, with blood and body comp tests before/after.

I found this new page, with another good list of resources if looking for information on the science and other zero carb experiences.
https://www.carnivorecast.com/podca...dcarnivoremonth

Why was the zero carb thread in this forum closed? There were some thoughtful discussions of the science, resources, success stories, etc.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-20, 09:00
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Why was the zero carb thread in this forum closed? There were some thoughtful discussions of the science, resources, success stories, etc.

That old "Zero Carb, wow" thread was closed months ago to encourage folks to start *new* zero carb discussions and success stories in the support areas of the board. It was confusing for some to be directed by other members to the War Zone with their questions, which gave the erroneous impression that zc wasn't otherwise supported here.

There was indeed some great discussion and insights in that thread, and it will always be available for everyone to read
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-20, 11:03

Thanks Doreen.. So I should start a Carnivore thread in General Low Carb under Support. Will do.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-20, 04:33

Zoe Harcombe reviews each Vegan claim in great detail in an open post.

Is Veganuary Healthy?

https://www.zoeharcombe.com/2020/01...anuary-healthy/