Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: has relacore(or similar product) worked for you
not at all 44 55.70%
noticed weightloss on scale 3 3.80%
inch loss 18 22.78%
scale and inch loss 14 17.72%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

#31   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 10:11
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

That's great Kathy.

Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 10:23
Modified :)

Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathjef
I have lost 3 inches in my stomach and 2 inches in my waist.

Yay!

/me taps foot impatiently waiting for mine to be delivered

Here's a question though; what do you count as stomach and waist? I've been told that the waist should be measured around the navel and obviously hips are a little bit under that.....
  #33   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 12:29
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Waist is above the navel. For my stomach I measure right around my belly button. I place the measuring tape right on it and bring it all around.
  #34   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 12:41

BF:

Thanks for clearing that up!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 13:21

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

How Many Days After Taking Relacore Did U Notice:

Increased Energy?

Inches Lost?

Better Mood?
  #36   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 13:35
Phoenix Rising

Stats: 165/155/145 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

just a quick tip for those of you trying to find your waist for measurement. When I worked at Curves we always measured everyone's "natural waist" because everyones waist setting is a bit different. To find your natural waist for a correct measurement place your hands fingers spread on your belly with your thumbs hooked around towards your back, now while standing lean your upper torso to the right and then to the left. Can you feel with your hands where your body bent? That is your natural waist and where your waist measurements should be taken from. Hope this helps someone lol
Nicole
  #37   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 14:10

BF:

Thanks Nicole - it helps a dumb guy like me!
  #38   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 13:17

Plan: Atkins-ish :D
Stats: 210/205/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I bought mine from GNC.. They gave me 10% off when I said I could get it somewhere else for cheaper.. :naughty:

I love it, Ive lost a couple inches off my body, AND Ive noticed an INCREDIBLE difference in my mood and energy.. I definitely needed it too, because my bf (of 4 years) and I have pretty much just ended our relationship..so.. I wonder if the Relacore has been the reason for my being able to deal with the break up??

Either way, I love it.. Im taking it along with OoO as well... FWITW..
  #39   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 13:18

Plan: Atkins-ish :D
Stats: 210/205/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTTERBALL

Increased Energy?

Inches Lost?

Better Mood?

Within a couple days I noticed the energy and better mood.. Ive been on it for 8-9 days now, and I just measured myself and Ive lost a couple inches on hips, lovehandles and waist..
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 05:21

Stats: 265/247.5/145 Female 5'4.25"
BF:50%/46%/15%
Progress: 15%

After starting on Labor day, results due to Relacore;

Waist: 26 Inches, down 1.5
Gut: 31 Inches, down 2

This stuff is working!
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 06:13
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:

Increased Energy? about 3 days

Inches Lost? about 3 days

Better Mood? about 3 days
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 11:19
Registered Member

Stats: 129/125/101 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress:

Afwife,
You look GREAT! Hope it works for me too, because on my first day, I felt awful, tired, sleepy, and very emotional!
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 11:48

Plan: Currently on PSMF cycle
Stats: 198/157/150 Female 5'9"
BF:? No thank U !!
Progress: 85%

Hi All!!
I have just purchased some Relora and am interested in what effects it will have. Here is some info (from the brand I bought) that might help with a little understanding on it's purpose;

Anti-Anxiety Relora

Mechanism of Action
Relora is an exciting new natural anti-anxiety stress relief ingredient to control stress related eating and drinking that has the added value of being non-sedating with potential anti-depressant properties. In central nervous system receptor binding essays, the plant extracts in Relora bind to several important targets associated with anxiety. It does not bind to the benzodiazepine receptors that would cause sedation, yet has the relaxing qualities of the benzodiazepine class of drugs in a validated anxiolytic animal model. In addition, it normalizes hormone levels associated with stress-induced obesity and eating/drinking behavior.

Stress is being shown to lay a significant role in a wide variety of conditions and disease states. Recent work from the National Institute of Health (NIH) and other major research centers has demonstrated that stress is a significant contributor to immune dysfunction, cardiovascular disease, other age-related disorders, and to excessive body fat. Over 20% of adults have an obesity-like condition characterized by excessive abdominal fat. This condition is related to stress-induced hormone imbalances, especially imbalances of cortisol and DHEA. Until now, the only course of action for losing this fat has been stress reduction with exercise and diet. Relora can normalize cortisol and DHEA levels in stressed individuals, induce relaxation, and act as an aid in controlling weight and stress related eating and drinking.

Human Trials
The first formulation of Relora was tested and found to be a safe, effective, rapid acting, non-sedating dietary supplement that helps control mild anxiety. Fifty subjects were treated with Relora for two weeks. The recommended dosage was 200mg. of Relora three times daily (the new and improved Relora dosage is 250mg. three times daily). Based on the pre-clinical studies, Relora was designed and evaluated against the following concepts: "Relora helps control occasional mild anxiety or mild depression and the associate symptoms: irritability; emotional ups and downs; restlessness; tense muscles; poor sleep; and concentration difficulties." Post-trial analysis revealed an excellent agreement (82%) with the pretrial concept. Relaxation was reported by 78% of the patients. Though the product does not cause significant sedation, 74% of the patients had a restful sleep. No significant side effects were reported. When subjects were asked about drowsiness, only 24% reported they were drowsy. Relora was judged to be gentle on the stomach by 94% of the subjects. A second trial was undertaken to measure cortisol and DHEA levels in patients with mild to moderate stress. Elevated cortisol levels and depressed DHEA levels are associated with chronic stress. A two-week regimen of Relora caused a significant (P=0.003) increase in salivary DHEA (227%) and significant findings support Relora's ability to relieve stress and its potential role in weight control and stress-related eating and drinking behavior. A clinical trial on the final formulation is expected to be complete in 2002.

Animal Model
The plant extracts in Relora have been shown to be an effective non-sedating, anti-stress product in an animal model known as the "Chick Social Separation-Stress Procedure." This model has been validated for the benzodiazepine class of anti-anxiety drugs. The excellent results of the patent-pending extracts in Relora using this model were published in Psychopharmacology (2001) 153:219-234.

Safety Studies
An extensive literature review of the chemical constituents along with the parent plants' use for hundreds of years indicates that this material is safe for its intended use. An acute toxicity study in rats (5g/Kg) with 14-day observation revealed no untoward effects of the individual experts or the combination in Relora except mild diarrhea and slight sedation in female rats. No side effects are expected at the recommended human dosage.

This statement has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.

LifeTime Warranty:

Our products are manufactured to meet strict quality control standards and formulated using only quality industry acceptable materials.

lifetimevitamins.com | Nutritional Specialties, Inc. | 1456 E. Katella Ave. Anaheim, California 92805
Call us toll free at: (800) 333-6168
Member:

Sounds promising!!
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 10:20
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Ii haven't been on it long enough to see weight-loss relults, but as a stress relief, I'm seeing results.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Jul-07-04, 08:07

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Dh and I went through 3 bottles between us. We saw absoutely no difference in any way except the pocket book. I actually seemed to struggle more while on it. I sure wish it would have worked for us!