Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#796   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-23, 06:58

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz.....I don't use a lot of oil to fry my fish.....olive oil covering the bottom of the pan and then when it was almost finished, I put a pat of butter in the pan too. The coating came out very crispy and yummy. Just flour and spices. I use the same method for chix breasts. DH just loves the crusty coating.
Sponsored Links
  #797   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-23, 07:41

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

I slept in! HA - no appointments today. Just catch up on several files. No appointments tomorrow either! Have I said I love working and getting paid to be home! Keep it coming.

Lori- Your fish sounds good. I wonder if the gluten free flour just a tiny bit on chicken would be as good? Your fish was Halibut or cod? Dang a great fish dinner sounds so yummy! Truly yummy! Slap some shrimp or crab legs on the side! Oh yea.

How was the brewery? Did you get any pictures? Did you eat there? DETAILS GIRL! Sounds so fun!
What are you doing today? Do you like that video you are doing? I truly need to get something going here. I am over myself being lazy. Got to move it or lose it! You are so good about that!

Nic-
So I am thinking you are home and got your mom settled......... ???? How was the trip? I am sure it was very emotional on some level for all! How are you?!?!? Thinking about you!

Trig
- Hey there! Looking for you to check in soon!!!!!!! You doing ok? Sun is out!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much shaking here. I found the washer and dryer I am going to get. It's at Costco. I ended up getting a membership and love it already!
Anyway- hands down so much cheaper to go that route than say Home Depot or Lowes. I have never been impressed with either. Their customer service is lame. I have used HD for years and have always feel like nobody cares there. The reviews for Costco and their delivery is solid and good. Add that to I can get a new Smasung top load washer and dryer set delivered and installed for under 1400.00 is freaking amazing.

Yea I could go to FB market place and get one for half the price (used) and then find someone to deliver and hook it up. Noooooo
Granted it is not the top end- Speed Queen or even a Maytag (I am still considering that one!) It is affordable and should do the job for a bit. I am still thinking about the Maytag. I have not pushed the button just yet! LOLOL - That one is at HD. I don't need to decide today or tomorrow. I just love the idea of paying cash.

I have leftover Pulled pork from the ribs I made yesterday. SO SO good. I just don't know how I want to eat it. It is ok to eat from a rib- but just pork in a bowl seems odd. I might You Tube a recipe! Make an egg something with it? Not doing sides right now.
Gut feels better than it has for years. So yeah...... No veggies for me right now. I am able to tolerate tomato paste and salsa. Thank goodness! Ya need a little something for flavor.
I saw this gal on You Tube literally take straight up hamburger- no spice, salt, nothing and add water= soup! LOLOLOLOL Extreme for me.

I have a pile of stuff that needs wrapped. So, over the holiday and it hasn't started! In my mind I am on the "move".

Well time to "check in". I have a 1:1 with my boss this morning, and files to catch up on this afternoon! Pork to eat, a dog to walk, and goal of do something physical today. Then I will have a breeze wine, pop on the last half of the Santa Clauses on Disney Channel and call it a day. Pretty boring. I will take boring for a bit!

Happy Day Ladies!
  #798   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-23, 08:04

BF:

Good Morning!

Yes....we did do the road trip to the brewery. Very interesting. It was built in 1829 and there are underground tunnels(hand dug!) that were used for fermenting and storage. The area is a big coal mining area, so the coal miners hand dug the tunnels. No blasting as the brewery was running upstairs! It took them 10 years to dig the circular tunnel!We got to walk thru them too. They do limited runs at this brewery as they have built a new almost totally automated one a few miles away where most of the beer is produced. It was a good tour and then we got to have 2 samples. I'll send a couple pictures.

Today I have a chiro appt. at 10 and then I'm waiting for UPS to deliver our new satellite TV receiver and I have to figure out how to get that up and running. I'm supposed to leave for Connie's tomorrow morning, but can't leave DH with no TV. Another wrinkle.....Gabby is sick. She's having some tummy issues and I was up at midnight cleaning up a little mess. She made it to the litter box, but then threw up in the hallway. She never gets sick, so something is going on. I won't be able to leave if she doesn't seem ok. She ate very little this morning and drank some water. Now she's sleeping. I hope I don't have to cancel my plans with Connie, but I can't leave a sick baby.

--------

Jaz....The fish we like best is Haddock. Very mild. Yesterday we ate at a restaurant down the street from the brewery as they don't have a restaurant in the old brewery. Just a small gift shop and museum. We shared the best cheesesteak sub that we've ever had....homemade rolls. OY!

Nic.....Thinking of you. Hope all is well.

Trig.....

-------

Time for me to get moving.
  #799   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-23, 10:02

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey everyone-

Touching base. The Eagle has landed. Thus begins the new normal and we will craft that as we go. The travel went far better than I anticipated but no doubt she will be a tired tired puppy for a few days.

Other than that I will do a catch up later- got some catching up to do on life first!
  #800   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-23, 06:28

BF:

Good Morning!

What a pain in the a$$.....I'm leaving for Connie's this morning and it's snowing like a b!tch! Hoping roads will just be wet for the most part. I HATE it when the weather dictates what I can and cannot do.

I'll check in later!
  #801   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-23, 06:58

BF:

Good Morning!

I slept in this morning! Workday to boot. I actually had a very busy day yesterday. I had 2 reports to kick out and a meeting that lasted 2 hours! That was my day. Granted I sat through the meeting in pajama pants and a sweatshirt sipping coffee! My new office wardrobe. LOVE IT!
I am still slow in my charting and some of it gets kicked back for a redo due to how technical it has to be. But- MEH I get paid.

I am still working on a few charts this morning and then this afternoon I have a 3 pm observation of a patient at the pain clinic. I just observe and write a report. It will take me an hour to get there each way. The report will be a tomorrow morning project by the time I get back it will be 5. I am trying to do the hard stop at 5. Most times I am done by 4.

Nic- Glad to see you "back" and hopefully get settled. IT will be an adjustment for sure. Do they help you get new doctors and all that? Maybe they can recommend a few!
Post up when you can. I am wanting to hear how it all went down! GANSTER STYLE! - Fly in and out stealthy! LOLOLOL

Lori- Is Gabby feeling better today? I am so used to an animal puking.......Maybe she ate something she shouldn't have? Hopefully she is fine! How old is she? Do cats stay inside as they age? What DOES SHE DO OUTSIDE???? I always wondered that.
What else is shaking in your world today? Does your Rec center offer work out classes? I was actually thinking about looking into something like that. I need something a bit more structured to start. You might like it too! Boot Camp Girl!

What's for dinner? You make interesting things. I am not that adventurous anymore. I have gone so basic!

Trig- Hey there! Hoping you are doing well!
---------------------------------------------------------------

I am seriously thinking about a rec center class to get me moving. Just something! I am finally back to baseline physically with my hip and feel that moving is the good option. We do feel better after a walk or something!!!! Sloth life doesn't cut it for very long! LOLOLOL

I am ready to be out of this Airbnb. The people overhead stomp and stomp at all hours. They have 6 people and 2 pit bulls living in a 2 bedroom above me. I am OVER IT! Their culture doesn't think a thing about that lifestyle. Americans tend to not have so many heads under a roof. It just is. I am so glad the next place is an end unit, single floor, patio style condos. PERFECT. Not soon enough!

Anyway, moving on....... Super focused right now on just getting through these holidays back to real life. BUDGET, EATING, and such. My wallet is taking a beating with having to move, and Christmas in the same moth. Add that to this job is my "Austerity" job. I need to reel it in! Come Jan. The bleeding will stop. I am excited about that. I already put together a budget. I will be able to live on one paycheck and bank the other! BINGO! All good stuff to come.

Back to my low. I was looking at my Calander. I am in the upper 70's. Last year at this time I was nowhere near that. So, again all good. I think the body needs a minute to process then move down a bit again. Nic hit is right. For me and my height and structure- mid 50's is perfect for me. So about 25ish more to go. I want it too!!!!!!

Chili today and that is that. I will add a bit of tomato paste for taste, ground chuck and some Italian sausage. Then I add spices and that is it. I have gotten used to no beans or peppers or onions. I feel better. Not ready to give up chili powder, or garlic!!! LOL

Boy time just fly's in the morning!

Have a great one!
  #802   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-23, 07:00

BF:

OMG- Lori- I forgot you were going to see Sis today! PLEASE drive careful! Check in when you can! Then have some fun!!!! WHOOT!!
  #803   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-23, 12:42

BF:

I'm here! I made it to Connie's a bit after Noon. What a horrendous drive! At some points it was like a blizzard with big trucks whizzing by on the turnpike. The roads were just wet, but at 35 degrees, you can't depend on them not being slippery. Whew! I was happy to arrive in one piece. We had a light lunch and we're going out for an early dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. Their parmesan chicken is so good and the Brussels Sprouts side dish is divine. We'll probably share that and call it a night. Sis doesn't eat much. Bless her.

Gabby seems to be better and there have been no more episodes of throwing up or a mess in her litter box. Jaz.....she is 13 years old. I can see her age in her face....getting to be an old girl. My last cat lived to 18 years. Hopefully DH will take good care of her while I'm gone. I gave him explicit instructions, but you know.....men!

That's it from here. I'll check in as usual tomorrow!
  #804   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-23, 07:00

BF:

Place holder until after work! Got called to an urgent appointment for a new patient. - back in after-
  #805   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-23, 07:21

BF:

Good Morning!

A good night's sleep and now Sis and I are just enjoying our morning coffee and chatting. Today we're going to our fav restaurant about 1/2 hour from here. We love their Caprese salad and we get an order of meatballs to share....let's not talk about the bread! OY! Traffic around here is nuts, so I'll be driving Sis's car. One day we use my car and one day her car. She doesn't like driving in the heavy traffic much anymore, so I'm happy to drive.

We're going to go out and eat around 2 so we can get home before the Friday commute traffic gets started. If we get hungry at dinner time, we have cheese sticks and other stuff to munch on while we're safe here in her cute little apartment away from the crazies on the highway!

Tomorrow we're heading to the Skechers store and then to Bonefish for dinner

Sunday morning I'll head for home and of course, it'll be pouring rain. At least it'll be warm and I won't have to worry that it's icy.

That's it from here. Have good days!
  #806   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-23, 16:36

BF:

yay Lori on fun and great eats with sis!!!!!!!! Cheers !!!! Smart to get off highway!

Do you two watch movies and play games? Tell you sis I said HI!

I will check in tomorrow- brain dead. This gal hitting the couch with a glass of wine. Rough day!

Till tomorrow
  #807   ^
Old Sat, Dec-09-23, 07:13

BF:

Good Morning!

Coffee in hand....life is good! Sis and I are just chillin' and will strike out later for a bit of shopping at the Skechers store and Home Goods/TJMaxx. Just browsing, although we are both interested in the Skechers slip ins that we've been seeing on TV. We'll give them a try.

Yesterday we got home before the traffic got crazy. We browsed around Crate & Barrel before lunch and then went to Maggiano's for our 1 meal of the day. We shared a chopped salad, an order of meatballs and a Margharita flatbread. We brought home 1 huge meatball and over half the flatbread. That will probably be dinner tonight. We may go to Bonefish Grill for an early lunch and just get an appetizer to share and a beer. It is right beside the Skechers Store.

Anyway, that will be our day. Jaz.....No, we don't watch movies or play games. We're really not into that. I watch some YouTube stuff while Sis watches the news.....drives me nuts to be honest. I get tired of that. It works out fine with me having my little Chromebook and my Bose headphones! I can still hear her if she asks me something, so it's all good.

I'm noticing some decline is DSis, which is sad. She is 81. When we were going down to King of Prussia yesterday, she wasn't sure where I had to turn to get off the highway and she has been there a million times. We eventually got to where we were going, but I hate when you're in the wrong lane and there is traffic all around. She also thought she had lost her SS card, medicare card and other insurance card. She's been searching for the past few days. Finally, yesterday afternoon, she looked in a wallet that she had checked before and they were in a slot, but had slipped down out of view. Thank goodness! I knew they had to be here but it was driving her crazy. I'm just noticing things like that. She also has familial tremor which is becoming more pronounced. I just hope things go ok when we go on our cruise in March. Kind of scary, to be honest.

Well, I'm going to enjoy my coffee before we get ready to head out.

Have good days!
  #808   ^
Old Sat, Dec-09-23, 09:50

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- OMG aging is not for the faint of heart! SOoooooo, I was sitting next to this lady the other day in the doctor's office waiting on my client and noticed she had on those slip-on Sketchers shoes. I leaned over and ask how she liked them? LOVED them she said. She likes them so much she went back for another pair. OKAY!

Bonefish- BANG BANG shrimp!!!! Get two orders. I can polish one order off myself! Although that would be my "meal"- divine! So worth the carbs on that! No other place can duplicate the Bang Bang shrimp!

Enjoy your time! I hate when I lose crap too! Drives me nuts!!!! Happens to us all!

Nic- How ya holding up? How are things going? Looking forward to your story there.

Trig- Missing ya!
----------------------------------------------------------

I am so happy for the weekend. I am getting more clients that have real deal urgent needs and they all need something at once! Overall, still liking my job. Yesterday though I just happen to be at the vascular office when the doctor informed this 40 something lady she was going to lose her foot. She stepped on a nail. Something SO stupid that could happen to ANYONE! Omg she lost it and I was the only one there with her. She ask me to come and hug her. I had a hard time keeping my sh!t together. DAM. I got her squared up though and they called the ambulance for her. It was rough. I need to check on her today. She hit my heart strings.

Today- It is raining but it is supposed to stop later. The Christmas parade is tonight. That is up in the air?!?!?!? -

I have wrapping yet. I want to knock it out. So over wrapping. Everything else might get "bagged". LAZY at this point. Paper, scissors, tape, and being on the floor is not fun for my leg.

EATS: I have roast beef I picked up at Costco. It looked so good. I cheated and it is pre-cooked. It comes in 2 one pound packages. I am thinking about "steak" and eggs or chopping it up and making soup. It is cold and gross out. Hot soup sounds better. Soup would last longer! Keep ya posted on the roast beef! Might be worth getting again!
LOVE Costco! I tell you if I could eat carbs they have some amazing looking Chinese and Thai food in the frozen section. Sighhhhhhhhhh Spring rolls and dumpling, fried rice! Gotta take a pass and keep on walking! LOL

I am doing laundry and puttering until the parade. I also want to go "Christmas lighting" in the neighborhood! Depends on the weather.

Thats it from rainy SC.
  #809   ^
Old Sat, Dec-09-23, 14:09

BF:

Jaz....SO sad about your patient yesterday. Does she have no family around? Is she diabetic? Is that why she's going to lose her foot? Can't imagine.

-------

Sis and I had a good time today. We each bought a pair of Skechers slip-ins....buy one pair get one 50% off! Sis got a navy pair and I got a different style of the slip-ins in a cream color. Very pretty. I also wanted a gray pair, but they didn't have my size. I came back here and logged onto the Skechers website and ordered them. Free shipping and a discount there too! Then we went to Home Goods and DSis found some beautiful bath towels that she was looking for. After that it was off to Bonefish for yummy Bang Bang shrimp and a beer. Nice day. I'll be leaving by 9 tomorrow morning. I'm not looking forward to the drive in the pouring rain, but I'll make it.

That's it from here. I don't feel like I'll be wanting to eat anything else today. Sis can keep the leftovers for next week.

Talk tomorrow!
  #810   ^
Old Sun, Dec-10-23, 12:12

BF:

Good Afternoon!

Home after a miserable drive home. The first 45 minutes weren't bad, but then it started pouring rain and fog. What a mess. I was really happy to finally be home.

It was nice to spend some time with Sis. She's doing well, for the most part.

Got home and got everything unpacked and put away and now I'm playing with Gabby and watching football. Life is good.