Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, May-24-19, 16:42

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 208.6/198.2/180 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 36%

34 days down, and the scale finally started to reward me in the last couple of days. I would not say that I am safely below 200, but I think the range ceiling is a lot closer to 200 than it was a week ago.

Been keeping on plan, bacon/eggs breakfast, protein/salad lunch, protein/salad dinner, snacks of cheese and almonds. Drinking lots of water, to include 1/2 lemon in my water daily. My only indulgence is a shot or so of Gentlemen Jack on ice in the evening.

Still working out with my son, and got in my first 2 mile run in a while yesterday (since my hip bursitis). It went pretty well...was a little stiff the next day, but not bad. So thought I would throw in a picture...kinda a summer's here picture. I am not where I was in my previous 'at goal' picture in the success gallery, but moving that direction (I am on the right )

Last edited by Sniggle : Fri, May-24-19 at 16:49.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, May-27-19, 16:49

BF:

37 days down. Looks like I may have seen 200 for the last time...at least I hope so. I am just going along, eating my fill of protein and salad, snacking on nuts and cheese, and having a shot of good whiskey as dessert.

Only issue I have been having lately is that I have been getting seriously light headed when I stand up quickly. Not all the time, and not just after my shot of whiskey . But to the point where I must steady myself with both hands for a second until it passes..it has occasionally been so severe I was unsure if I was going to stay upright. I have been drinking plenty of water, at least 1/2 gallon daily, and often more. I have also been getting adequate salt in my food. I do have a low heart rate, so wondering if it is related. Guess it is something I will just be aware of for the moment.

I continue to work out. Mostly I have been feeling good, but I think that losing the weight is starting to impact my strength, as my bench has been pretty poor lately. Oh well...with my shoulder weakness I am eventually going to be forced to go lighter anyway.

In did treat myself to some low carb beer...Corona Premier...2.6 grams per bottle. It is not a Sam Adams, but it is good none the less. 1 a day will do me good. I have allowed myself a few other indulgences, such a some ribs with sauce for lunch today...but I am not sweating a spare carb or 2 as I have and continue to stay on plan.

Now my son's birthday is on Tuesday. and my wife made some chocolate cupcakes...debating whether to make an exception.....
  #33   ^
Old Tue, May-28-19, 07:41
Registered Member

Plan: Keto
Stats: 293.6/271.2/180 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Happy birthday to your boy, Sniggle. Stay away from those cupcakes, if you can
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Jun-01-19, 10:31

BF:

41 days down..1st full month down. I lost 5 lbs in the 1st 10 days, and then 5 lbs in the last 31 days. Reasonable for my approach to low carb, which is big salads, protein, eggs, cheese and nuts. I have not allowed myself any deviation since April 20 (yes, Chef Ron, I resisted the chocolate cupcakes, although that was a struggle).

What have I changed over the 40 days...I have added in low carb beer, 1 a day (2.6 grams carbs). That's pretty much it. I keep meat in the fridge to cook up, and heads of iceberg lettuce to quarter, and I add whatever else is available to enhance the salad (cucumbers, olives, avocado, red onion, mushroom, an occasional cherry tomato, walnuts, cheese ). Breakfast is almost always 2 eggs and 3 pieces of bacon, but I have been adding a cheese stick lately. Dinner is what the wife prepares, or meat for me if she is having pasta. I snack some, but not a lot. I could probably graze on nuts to excess, but I always just grab 5-8 nuts and move on to avoid that.

Still working out with my son....still realizing that I am not 21 any more:-)

There are some challenges coming up. The 1st is that I love blueberries, and I have 10 blueberry bushes that are going to be getting ripe soon (I found 3 blueberries ripe enough last night). I will have to control myself. 2nd is that I have a guys weekend coming up, and I may stray off plan for the 1.5 days, but I will try to not stray too far.

My goal is to lose another 5 lbs in June. That will put me at 193, and within striking distance of the weight range that I think is right for me (180 - 190). Below 190 36 pants fit really easy, and 34 pants are in the realm of possibility. The love handles are essentially gone, and I feel that I look fit in my work clothes.