Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 17:45

Plan: FatLoCity
Stats: 85/80/60
BF:
Progress: 20%

i am suprised!!!

my soy powder has virtually no taste so i guess that made a diference.(i used about 3tbs i think)

i did put in alot of herbs though and extra tasty cheese,

maybe my taste buds have become used to weird tasting food....
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 18:17

Plan: none right now
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Three TBS?! I used 3/4 cup and it was STILL nowhere near being of "doughy" consistency as you described. I get the feeling we are lost in our communication somewhere. How much cheese did you use?

PJ
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 207.5/203/190
BF:
Progress: 26%

I just found this recipe recently. OMG!!! It's wonderful!!

I absolutely love the cinnamon version!

Nat, thanks so much for posting this recipe.

#124   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 18:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/152/135
BF:
Progress:
Default accidental bread

I wonder how the accidental bread would taste made with ground flax seed. (Flax seed flour). I'll check back after I try it.
  #125   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 19:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 285/234/160
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Mock Nutella Mock Danish

I just discovered this, too, so I've been playing with it a bit. I mixed about a Tbsp of hazelnut butter with a tsp of cocoa powder and some liquid Sugar Twin and nuked it so it was spreadable. I made the danish without the flavouring, but I added a little very finely grated lemon rind and cooked it for 1 1/2 minutes, spread on the hazelnut stuff and cooked it for another 1/2 minute.

It definitely has potential. It needs a little less cocoa, and I have to work out the sweeteners (too lazy to mix them). I counted the hazelnut butter as 1/2 oz of hazelnuts (my next investment is in a decent set of kitchen scales)--2.5 g carbs less 1.3 g fibre. The cocoa is 1 g carbs less .5 g fibre, so it added less than 2 g of carbs to the regular version.

Susan
  #126   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 14:09

Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Post what a great treat!

Wow! I just had two of the mock danish lunch and were they great! I mixed a little cinnamon in with everything else, then added butter and a little cinnamon mixed with a little Splenda on top halfway through cooking.

Thanks, Natasha, for posting this recipe. I can't wait to make some for breakfast tomorrow; I think DH will love it too. We have eggs most days, with bacon or ham or sausage or as omelets with mushrooms or vegetables. Sometimes we have steak or pork cutlets, and once in a while I make my LC amended Swedish pancakes, but this will really help alleviate the occasional boredom.
  #127   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 14:19

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 209.9/206.6/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default LC amended Swedish Pancakes?

Karla,

Please do explain (and give recipe) for LC amended Swedish pancakes - I need something else for breakfast......help!!!!!

Mindy
  #128   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 14:45

BF:
Default relatively lc swedish pancakes

Mindy,

These are delicious, if a bit tricky to turn, but they do make a great change from the eternal egg, although they are lower in carbs to begin with because they have a little flour and a lot of egg.

This is the whole recipe, which will serve 4; I cut it in half for DH and I.

1/2 cup oat flour (24 g carbs)
1-1/2 cups light cream (13.2)
3 eggs (1.8)
3 T. butter, melted

Mix the flour with half the cream until smooth, then add the remaining ingredients. Heat a griddle or shallow frying pan over medium high heat. Use a 1/4 cup measure to pour the batter onto the griddle. I hold the pan in my right hand and pour with my left, swirling the pan in a circle to spread the batter out into a large, thin pancake. This isn't as hard as it sounds, you just need to practice. Cook for about a minute, then turn the pancake (a long, thin spatula placed about a third of the way from one side works best) and cook for another 30 seconds. Fold into quarters and keep in a low oven until they are all done.

We eat them with lc "maple" syrup made with Mapleine, Splenda, water and something called NotSugar that thickens it slightly. I did read somewhere in here about using guar gum and the blender, so I have to try that to thicken it a bit.

My DH, being in maintenance, also rolls lc jam inside the pancakes. I just found a pectin (Universal Pomona) that doesn't contain any sugar or carbs and also will gel without sugar, so I will try that next.

Karla
  #129   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 14:48

BF:
Red face swedish pancakes, cont.

Oops, I forgot to add that the total carb count for the recipe is 39, or 9.75 per person.

Karla
  #130   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 16:49
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default it sounds wonderful

Karla,
Thanks for the recipes. It really sounds great. I think I will add some blue berry flavoring and have blue berry pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. I made my syrup with mapleine and splenda and then I add butter . It helps to make it thicker. Thanks again.
Donna
  #131   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 13:58

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%
Talking New Love-Mock Danish!!!

Love the Mock Danish I made it with 3 oz. of regular cream cheese and liquid sweetener, it was fabulous! I ate THREE of them, gave me a moment of fright when I say the calorie count, but then remembered, that's not a problem...lol I think I like them best cold. Thanks for such a wonderful recipe!
  #132   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 23:09

Plan: UltraGlycemix
Stats: 244/240/150
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Re: Mock Danish variation

Quote:
Originally posted by r.mines
I tried it with quark instead of cream cheese (trying to cut down on dairy fat). It was yummy - more like custard than anything else. I used cinnamon and Splenda. It'd be great spooned warm over berries, or for those days when you're not feeling well and want something warm, eggy, and soothing.

Rachel

What is quark?
Thanks

-misty
  #133   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 20:32
Registered Member

Stats: 186/172/160
BF:
Progress: 54%

OMG..... I can't believe I have existed on Low Carb without this receipe.
  #134   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 21:43

Plan: UltraGlycemix
Stats: 244/240/150
BF:
Progress: 4%
Talking Ok, it happened...

I had a day today where I hadn't gotten enough calories nor carbs and i wasn't hungry so I tempted myself with a Chocolate Mock Danish with an extra egg - and now my caloires are much closer, and my carbs are right on...

Phew!

Thanks, y'all!!

-Misty

onward and downward!
  #135   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 23:08

Stats: 210+/188/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Throwing in my 2 cents as I eat this treat for the first time. Its the exact consistency of scrambled eggs. Its not all that great. I made it exact but added suggested butter and cinnamon. Is it supposed to be like sweet scrambled eggs?