Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > My P.L.A.N. Recipes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 16:37

Plan: Body For Life
Stats: 320/295/180 Female 67 inches
BF:too much thanks!
Progress: 18%
Default Jazzfan's MyPLAN recipes

Not to be outdone by VegasKelly (LOL!) I think I will post a few MyPLAN recipes here as well, once I know for sure how to do it. I don't have pics, but trust me they are all yummy! Most, if not all, are recipes I found here on the forum. I may have modified them slightly, but many times I just found a recipe here I liked and plugged in the numbers as I cooked. If any readers have a request, and the recipe looks interesting enough to me, I'd be happy to try it out and post my MyPLAN numbers.

Last edited by jazzfan : Mon, Mar-27-06 at 16:53.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 16:44

Default Apple Cinnamon Mock Danish

Apple Cinnamon Mock Danish

One of my favorite versions of probably the most popular recipe on here!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 16:47

Default Apple Pie Cheesecake

Apple Pie Cheesecake

This is my modification of a couple of different ideas I've found. I do think I prefer chocolate or cherry cheesecake, but sometimes you just need something apple.

PS - My apple recipes call for apple pie filling, rather than rutabega or zucchini or various other apple substitutes
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 16:50

Default Beanless Chicken Chili

Beanless Chicken Chili

Another modification of mine, but only slight. Fans of FlyLady may recognize this recipe - she sent it out right after Thanksgiving because you could also use leftover turkey in this recipe. I use canned chicken and canned tomatoes so as long as I have cheese and sour cream, I can make this chili any time I want! This especially served me well during the Super Bowl.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 16:56

Default Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins

Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins

Ok, you'll notice that I used oat flour in this recipe. The original (also a gem found here) called for almond flour, which would definitely be preferable, but I didn't have any on hand at the time. So take heart - this recipe represents the highest carb count you're likely to get. I believe you drop 3-4 carbs per muffin if using almond flour. It is SO utterly delicious! I try to always have a few in the freezer for the busy mornings. And I could have posted a pic on this one, but I just ate the very last one a few days ago!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 16:58

Default Chicken Fried Steak

Chicken Fried Steak

I'm trying this recipe tonight, in fact, so if it bombs I will edit. I just couldn't believe that I might have the chance at eating chicken fried steak again!! The recipe calls for cube steak, but ironically that's the one choice I couldn't find on the list of ingredients. I used the stats for what I considered to be the next best thing.

Edit: this dish tasted just wonderful! I added seasoned salt, parsley, and lots of fresh black pepper for seasonings. The coating ended up a lot thinner than I would prefer, and I need to practice cooking breaded meats, but overall it's a winner!

Last edited by jazzfan : Mon, Mar-27-06 at 19:21.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 17:00

Default Chili Dog Casserole

Chili Dog Casserole

Again, using a beanless pseudo-chili, which is really mostly beef and just a bit of tomato sauce. I sometimes use a little less cheese than the recipe calls for, and I have found that it cooks best in a 9x13 casserole dish rather than an 8x8 like I tried the first time. My super-picky kids LOVE this one, and it's one recipe I actually kind of feel a bit guilty eating. It's SO close to cheating!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 17:03

Default Egg Muffins - super fast breakfast!

Egg Muffins

This was taken directly out of the forum here. I love making a batch of these on the weekend and having enough to just grab and nuke all week long. These do NOT freeze well, as the eggs get a little rubbery. But they stay tasty in the fridge for 4-5 days. A real lifesaver!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 17:05

Default Faux Twice-Baked Potato

Faux Twice-Baked Potato

I don't remember where I found this recipe, but it seems like I modified it just a little. I used to love the Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole, and this seems to put those cravings to rest. Sometimes I substitute colby cheese instead of cheddar, but I don't think that will change the nutrition info too much. Mmm, a side of these along with a couple of Egg Muffins, that's a good breakfast lemme tell ya!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 17:07

Default Mama's Fake Lasagna

Mama's Fake Lasagna

I believe I found this recipe at AllRecipes.com. Can't remember if it was originally low-carb, or where I got the idea to use zucchini instead of pasta, but it is super delicious! You can use either ground beef or sausage, but I highly recommend using sausage. It's the perfect flavor. Yummy!!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 09:45

Atkins Cheese-Tease Omelette

I found this recipe in the Dr. Atkins New Diet Cookbook. This is a single-serving version, rather than the 4-serving version in the book. It's a nice change from your basic savory omelettes. It's rich, very creamy, and just a little bit sweet. Not quite what I expected, but still good!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 14:18
Vegas Addict

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 275/275/230 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfan
Egg Muffins

This was taken directly out of the forum here. I love making a batch of these on the weekend and having enough to just grab and nuke all week long. These do NOT freeze well, as the eggs get a little rubbery. But they stay tasty in the fridge for 4-5 days. A real lifesaver!

Sounds Yummy! I'm going to try this tonight!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 09:21

Ricotta-Filled Pancakes
adapted from Atkins.com

Boy oh boy, these hit the spot this morning! I had seen these IHOP commercials for stuffed french toast, and I was dying for them. (Weird, I usually don't care about that stuff, but the commercial looked so delish!) Anyway, I had leftover ricotta from Mama's Fake Lasagna , so I thought I'd give this a whirl. It was delectable! Might go nicely with a side of bacon or sausage, but I just had these on their own today.

Also, the Atkins original used bake mix (I used vanilla whey), and the ingredients made four servings. This is a single serving - I didn't trust myself not to overeat!

Last note! I am changing how I display my recipes, so that you can see the ingredients right away. If you want to add this to your favorite recipes, just click the green link for "Recipe Totals" - the next page gives you an option to "Add to Favorites".
  #14   ^
Old Sat, May-13-06, 11:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/239.5/160 Female 68 inches
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 45%

hey.. it looks like the jelly (ricotta filled pancakes) is unusually high??.. 5 carbs.. in one tablespoonful?.. maybe it was entered incorrectly? or is that what it says on the bottle too?.. also.. i dont see the fiber in the calculations?.. maybe that is why it is less on the Atkins stats. ??
dianna
  #15   ^
Old Sat, May-13-06, 11:31

Yes, Atkins places the carb count on this at 4-5 carbs (can't remember which). The 5-carb-per-T. is directly off the packaging. I don't think there was any fiber to subtract out, or if there was, it wasn't listed on the nutritional info. It is sweetened with Splenda, though, so you'd think the carb count would be lower. Fortunately, I don't use this too often, and never more than 1 T. at a time.