Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#691   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-21, 05:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lost Again, yea, not many of us 'are safe' ever. I mean we do get more firm in not going off plan, the longer we change our lives on a daily basis and cement in our brain that we are eating different for real reasons and want to do just that, but at some point, every meal is a choice. That is alot of choice days in our lives LOL

No use boohoo'ing over it. Just keep on going. Eventually if one wants change bad enough we start to literally change our thinking from should I just eat that and start again? to maybe, I am not eating that, I really don't wanna start this all over again, ya know. We become more positive to stay on plan vs so easy to dump our plan.

I don't know. It took me a good amt of time to change my mindset about my food and did I really want to put in the work to do this---long term. Short term we can all lose lbs, key to the whole darn thing is long term lifestyle changes. For me I had to focus on what it takes for long term and put those thoughts in my brain. Long term results, only way one to hold them, stay on the darn eating plan LOL There ain't no magic bullet for any of us. Staying on plan is key. Simple as that. But yea, it is a hard mental walk thru all this. Big change doesn't come easy for most of us.

E39, for me the best part of carnivore was I can eat all I want. There is no limit. I eat til full, as much as I want in a day and eventually my body got healthier and it began to not want food all the time. I set myself into a very natural eating rythym which was nice.

I think that is what saved me in the end. On ZC I can eat all I want. Any time I want. Never denied my food ever. There is no count this or that and no, should I eat that meat? Nope. I think that is the freedom I needed to 'be ok on an eating plan' too ya know in that I was allowed food, all I wanted. I never was on an eating plan that let me eat all I wanted I liked it

So for me ZC suited my personality too in what it takes for me to be long term and 'ok in the brain' on my plan.

I think that is important we all feel good on plan. We don't fight our plans. We don't feel trapped by our eating plans. Those just aren't sustainable long term. But when one hits a plan that works for them, grab on and hold on is all we can do

for me I bounced 50 lbs on and off so many times, it was either find a way to long term do this change or give up. I never gave up As long as we keep trying to find that plan that fits us best and live with it, then we do ok!! We will all do ok!!

Last edited by Whirrlly : Tue, Dec-28-21 at 05:43.
Sponsored Links
  #692   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-21, 01:26

Plan: LC/carnivore 6/26/23
Stats: 200/194/137 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I’m super excited for my next step

I mean I’m really super excited about the new year

I want to spend 2022 carnivore

I think I would get the most benefit for it

I have so many events this year including bat mitzvah for my daughter in November

I really want this to be a spiritual year

I need to get my certification for my dad’s business

I have so many things I need to do this year

And I think Carnivore diet and my body

Here are my thoughts

Black coffee and water no diet soda no treats
I will allow tooth paste but no gum to be used as a crutch

I have to completely get rid of my sweet tooth

I also won to eventually give up sleeping aids

If I must take something to get to bed it has to be sugar-free!

I have a great idea for a video or blog

The video opens and I’m at goal weight then I talk about my journey or just really great pictures

Thing is I kind of need to be anonymous right now because I have this legal thing pending
I’m thinking maybe I can disguise myself or wait till my legal thing ends - It’s regarding the injury that led to hip replacement

Obviously diet has nothing to do with that but I just don’t want to have a social media presence until thar whole legal thing is over

I think that I need to become a coach
Don’t get me wrong I love the job I have now and I probably have to start learning insurance as well
But I really am passionate about the carnivore diet
Even though I have not been following it I believe it is the correct path And can heal everyone that is suffering
So I’m super excited about next year
Karen I totally will need your support
I’m going to have so many questions
One thing I don’t want to do is to join any support groups
I don’t need to learn how to fast
I’m going to start with when I’m hungry I eat and when I’m full I stop eating
I will have to have eggs and chicken as well as meat
Meat can be very expensive
I have no idea how to cook bacon
I never eat bacon but I heard it’s an inexpensive
  #693   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-21, 03:55

BF:

Nothing like a new year with good motivation!

Rock on E!

If you are doing carnivore I can support and answer questions. No problem there

Just eat well ya know. Never skimp on your meats ever. Your food will be what heals your body, changes and repairs your metabolism to put yourself in a good healthy change, so eat

Plus learn to cook alot of meats/seafood fish and fowl. Another great skill to support yourself in this journey. Bacon is simple. Pan fry or stick it in the oven on a sheet and either way you have a great snack!

Wishing you the best on all you want in your new year!
  #694   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-22, 12:24

BF:

So I’m on plan today I am all set and ready to go and then of course my parents call and say they’re going to a buffet tonight they said I could have all the steak and seafood I want

But I tried to explain to them that I don’t wanna sit around and wait for dinner I want to go out and do things today so I probably will take my daughter to the pool

I saw my parents last night for dinner it was really nice but I’m just tired of all the food and sugar and ready for low-carb

I got on the scale today I think it’s the best motivation to lose weight

I did not put any Splenda in my coffee

I’m really trying to get rid of all that sweet taste

Also I plan to whiten my teeth this week and that will mean several hours of not eating

I started my first day with two scrambled eggs and butter if I’m still hungry I’ll make more

I also joined the 10 pound challenge on this forum
  #695   ^
Old Sat, Jan-01-22, 18:09

BF:

Doing well so far drank water today no diet soda

Had eggs and meat

I am hanging out at the indoor pool with my daughter

❤️❤️❤️

I just wanna thank everyone for not giving up on me
  #696   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-22, 03:59

BF:

Indoor pool. Oh that sounds very nice

I am the same on eating when and what I want when I need it. I don't like being dragged out for restaurants and at some point, honestly in full force, one is SO OVER food and just want to eat your meals at home like you want and just let the food business focus in your life just die down and melt away from you. well, it is that way for me at least Soldier on for all of us!!
  #697   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-22, 06:21

BF:

only for those interested in ZC plan.

This is who we are and this is what we do!

https://youtu.be/uzI-zmynrvg
  #698   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-22, 10:17

BF:

So I did very well yesterday the only thing I could have changed is that I had bought my sugar free sleeping medication I left it in the car and when I was going to use it it was around 1:30 AM so I decided to just use what was in the house regular zquil
Which I’m only having 2 tablespoons but still it might have sugar in it but I’m going to switch to sugar-free soon

Karen I’m very proud of myself because we had some thing stressful happen. I had went against my better judgment and try to drive my daughter to this magic of light show But I knew it was raining and it got really bad on the road with the rain and it was really dark on the parkway and I was scared I didn’t wanna get into a car accident. When we made it home safely I was so happy but I had no urge to eat anything bad
I made some scrambled eggs and had some decaf coffee
I’m so proud of myself that I stayed on plane yesterday

And it’s going to be easier today to be on plan then when I go to work on Monday I’ve already been on plan two days!

My body released 3.6 pounds
That could be because I still plan or it could be because time of the month is over But if I could get some of the weight off quickly
And get back into my clothes it will make me even more motivated to stay on plan

Yeah I told my parents I wasn’t eating out for a while I want to focus on getting home and getting more comfortable cooking meat
Although yesterday I have no problem going to fast food to get meat if I’m in a rush

I’ll check that video out that you posted Karen thank you!
  #699   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-22, 13:19

BF:

I had a stressful morning but I did not cheat on my diet I stayed on my diet and I’m still on it

I’m so happy that I didn’t go off

And I’m 162 lbs now I was 168.8 the other day

I know it’s probably water but once I hit 150 pounds it won’t be water anymore 🤣🤣

128 pounds here I come
  #700   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-22, 06:06

BF:

That is the biggest pat on the back one can give themselves.
STAY ON PLAN.....it is the total success to getting results one wants

-----so.....I guess there are no big holidays looming on us.
I am super happy holidays are over. That food focus taken out of the picture for now!

I am just staying on plan. I am eating alot cleaner. Joined my Clean Carnivore Crew January challenge on my other zc thread and I am eating super duper simple and great! Loving it. I dropped butter and just fry my meats in beef or bacon fat and dropped adding touches of spice to my meats. So far it is going great and I actually do feel a difference. I feel 'lighter' in a way. I like that, so basically I will just keep eating super clean and simple, it really is what suits me best. Maybe I can get off this darn final 20 lbs I would love gone I hope so!

So far so good
hope everyone is doing well on their plans!
  #701   ^
Old Tue, Jan-04-22, 21:41

BF:

Hey it’s me!
I’m very happy
I went to gym walked 75 minutes
I have not done that in such a long time

I am so blessed that I came back to this way of life !
  #702   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-22, 07:47

BF:

Cool E! Happy for you!

Now I wanna see you learning to cook more meats like your filet mignon and more chicken and bacon and handle seafood you love to eat.....all that has to be cooked by you, for you!!!

I am doing great also! Holding plan and going strong. Just always know every day I must eat well, I do that, I am one ok person
  #703   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-22, 13:11

BF:

Down to 161.6 from 168.8

Soon I will be out of the 160s

Right now I’ve been so busy with work I’ve been going to different fast food places for my meat

I know that’s not super healthy but right now some days I’m too tired to cook or not in the mood to cook

🤣🤣

Glad to be on plan!!!
  #704   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 03:45

BF:

Nice drop! Yea I know that feeling ya don't wanna cook I am not a kitchen person at all, not a chef wanna-be by any means LOL
  #705   ^
Old Thu, Jan-06-22, 06:55

BF:

Thank goodness for fast food places! I can’t deal with the kitchen and working full time
It’s exhausting