Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 05:11

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%
Question Two Meals a Day

Hey folks!

I would love to hear about your experience you have on 2 meals a day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 05:20

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I can easily do a 5-6 hour food window. The key is to eat, mid-morning or even noon if I'm busy, a big serving of meat/eggs with a small side of low carb something.

Then, if the end of the window approaches and I'm still hungry, I have a snackier type meal, like a smaller portion of meat, some cheese, and some raspberries (the lowest carb fruit.)

This lets me cruise into bedtime with an empty stomach, which is good for sleeping, and gives me maximum fasting/healing time.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 06:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I can easily do a 5-6 hour food window. The key is to eat, mid-morning or even noon if I'm busy, a big serving of meat/eggs with a small side of low carb something.

Then, if the end of the window approaches and I'm still hungry, I have a snackier type meal, like a smaller portion of meat, some cheese, and some raspberries (the lowest carb fruit.)

This lets me cruise into bedtime with an empty stomach, which is good for sleeping, and gives me maximum fasting/healing time.

Yeah. Love it, that feeling of being satisfied and not having a too full stomach going to bed. I save my carbs for my second meal unless there is a special event, I can swap.

The bigest window is after dinner (early) till next days usually around lunch, sometimes longer. I am seldom hungry ... until I eat then the insulin - the hunger hormon wakes up at the first bite and I start to enjoy my meal. I get more calm on two meals than on one on most days for the moment but I can fast for days with no hunger and no problems. Just a bit slower. But integrating the fasting into my daily life is a life spann plan for me. I may still fast when I feel called for it.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 09:23

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear

I'm very similar in that I've been eating two meals a day for several years now with my first solid food around mid day and my final meal finished NLT 6pm ideally. I definitely feel the benefit, do not get food cravings, and I like to keep it simple with ample healthy protein and some small servings of low carb veggies, occasional servings of blueberries or raspberries. This eating practice has certainly enabled me to manage my blood sugar and keeps it very low. The only adjustment I am making after learning from Marty Kendall's data driven fasting (DDF) method is to move my first meal and last meal slightly earlier in the day to get better results. I haven't done this consistently enough to determine the actual benefit, but it's this fine-tuning that helps to make it all work.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 10:54

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

I mainly eat on a 16:8 basis, though occasionally extending to a 24 or 48 hour fast. I usually have my first meal around 12.30pm, and my second at 6.30/7.00pm, and make sure I never eat past 8.00pm.

I've never been much of a breakfast eater, so find that two meals a day suits me well.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-21, 11:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
I mainly eat on a 16:8 basis, though occasionally extending to a 24 or 48 hour fast. I usually have my first meal around 12.30pm, and my second at 6.30/7.00pm, and make sure I never eat past 8.00pm.

I've never been much of a breakfast eater, so find that two meals a day suits me well.

Thanks. I also skip breakfast. I never have appetite in the morning. I have have a tea or decaf though in the morning. Some periods I have reg. coffee.

Wish you a happy new year all of you!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-08-21, 12:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 311/224.4/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

One of the reasons I started with IF in the last couple of years was yes, I had success with it when I was younger but I was diagnosed with a very bad case of Barrett's esophagus, a pre-cancerous condition that was progressing. They did a test where I ate radioactive eggs and toast (so yummy) and it showed that food takes forever to leave my stomach and that my stomach doesn't really close at the top so my stomach is always full and always pouring gasoline on the fire in my esophagus. Bad luck, that. See a doctor if you have recurring heartburn, it might not just be an annoyance to cover up with a handful of Tums tablets. They can give you proper meds and it will never get to the state mine did.

Anyway my doctor was convinced I was going to be one of those tiny handful of patients that goes to cancer. She told me to lose weight immediately and since she is considered one of the world experts on this condition and she got me into a study to do cryo-ablation to freeze the damaged cells and kill them off. That worked, I'm barrett's free now.

But from a weight loss perspective I wanted something that left my stomach as empty as much as possible. I needed to stop it from dumping acid and bile into my esophagus. So I researched the idea of fasting and found Fung and Butter Bob and some others and got moving on it. Bottom line: I've lost almost 100 pounds and am overweight but no longer clinically obese. But most importantly my constant heartburn is over, my barretts is gone and I have a fresh start knowing that I am built in such a way that if I walk around full all the time not only do I get fat but I'm literally destroying my GI system. So fasting is just my way of life now.

That said, it's great. Never feel bloated, never feel a little swollen from a big carb meal, etc. And never feel like I'm on fire in my chest. All good things.

Last edited by Megabux : Fri, Jan-08-21 at 12:34.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-08-21, 15:44

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabux
One of the reasons I started with IF in the last couple of years was yes, I had success with it when I was younger but I was diagnosed with a very bad case of Barrett's esophagus, a pre-cancerous condition that was progressing. They did a test where I ate radioactive eggs and toast (so yummy) and it showed that food takes forever to leave my stomach and that my stomach doesn't really close at the top so my stomach is always full and always pouring gasoline on the fire in my esophagus. Bad luck, that. See a doctor if you have recurring heartburn, it might not just be an annoyance to cover up with a handful of Tums tablets. They can give you proper meds and it will never get to the state mine did.

Anyway my doctor was convinced I was going to be one of those tiny handful of patients that goes to cancer. She told me to lose weight immediately and since she is considered one of the world experts on this condition and she got me into a study to do cryo-ablation to freeze the damaged cells and kill them off. That worked, I'm barrett's free now.

But from a weight loss perspective I wanted something that left my stomach as empty as much as possible. I needed to stop it from dumping acid and bile into my esophagus. So I researched the idea of fasting and found Fung and Butter Bob and some others and got moving on it. Bottom line: I've lost almost 100 pounds and am overweight but no longer clinically obese. But most importantly my constant heartburn is over, my barretts is gone and I have a fresh start knowing that I am built in such a way that if I walk around full all the time not only do I get fat but I'm literally destroying my GI system. So fasting is just my way of life now.

That said, it's great. Never feel bloated, never feel a little swollen from a big carb meal, etc. And never feel like I'm on fire in my chest. All good things.

That is great news.
I can relate to the heartburn - the more often I ate (or had a beverage) = insulin release = the more acid I had to endure. Stress can also be an insulin trigger as well as caffeine for me.

This is why CALP works so well for me. I can eat 1 balanced meal once a day.
No deprivation. Yeah!

We are so blessed that we have found this way of living, aren't we?

Last edited by Happy girl : Sat, Jan-09-21 at 02:36.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-09-21, 07:48

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

My teens often eat two meals a day.