Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 13:34

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Ketosis

I got some of those thingys and I don't even change the color on the stupid things.

Get a good multiple vitamin, that will give you the folate, or look at your b vitamins, it may be listed there. I'm also taking potassium and chromium, and b complex and e and c and beta carotene and magnesium.

Calcium, magnesium, b complex for PMS, bones, migraines, breast health.

E for fibrocystic breast disease. (gets rid of the lumps)

Potassium cause everytime I've run out, my hip starts to KILL me. When I lose weight I sit and move differently, takes awile to get used to it.

Beta Carotene - eyesight and skin, was doing carrot juice, but this is easier and lower carb (I hope.)

I've been taking these for over a year, the diet had nothing to do with it.

You had to ask. LOL
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 14:52

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Question

BAS, can you tell me if you noticed a change since you take those and exactlywhat kind of change. I'm thinking of starting supplements myself and wanted to know everything about it before I do...
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 15:09

BF:
Default Vitamins

Josee, I can't survive without my calcium, magnesium, b-complex (b 100). I get them all at WalMart, to keep the cost down. I've taken calcium off and on for years, then I had a bone scan last year, cause you're supposed to do that at 50. It showed some thinning. I upped my calcium, got a multiple with D and started getting migraines - frequently. Hadn't had them much for years. Did a little online research and got some magnesium back in my system. Had to mess with the dosage to get enough to stop the migraines, but it worked.

They say as you age, PMS gets worse. OMG!!! They weren't kidding!! A cross between panic attacks and complete rage. I stumbled onto the calcium b-complex thing several years ago and it really helps the PMS.

Yes the vitamins do work. I haven't noticed any difference with the c and multiple, though.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 17:50

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Libby

Do you take a multi vitamin? Instead of taking so many different ones, you make just want to take a good multi that combines what's needed in the right amounts so your body can absorb it.

I take a multi, acidophilus, vitamin C, and garlic pills when I feel a cold coming on.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 18:22

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default multi vitamin

Thats what I was thinking Arnie. I should take a multi. I just figured I would use up what I have before I do.

I was thinking more about potassium and folate. I get some ..... but wonder how much I should be having.

My Mother-in-Law LOVES garlic......any way you want it. If I was to start up with garlic pills I would probably make her decade. LOL!!

I actually CAN tell the difference when I take the Chromium. I can't exactly describe it but when I forget to take them...... I can tell.

See ya'll on Thursday,
Libby
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 19:32

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default WedNEsdAY!

It looks like I'm down a pound making me 184! Yay!

B: Coffee

L: Few slices of cold roast beef
1 slice american cheese
1 hard boiled egg

D: 2 slices homemade pizza loaded with veggies and sausage
Spinach, brocolli, cauliflower & radish salad
4 chocolate chip cookies
Milk

64 oz of water.

I'm on vacation now until after spring break. I hope I can maintain my resolve and not do any cheating. I seem to do better when I'm at work a couple days a week, so, we'll see!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Lisa
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 11:47

BF:
Default Check in

Still at 130, but not paying attention to any minimums on protein. Not adding any fat, either. My legs feel thinner, though.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 22:55

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default HI

HEY EVERYONE,
BEEN DOING OK. GOT THE DREADED PERIOD. NOT WEIGHING THIS WEEK, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'VE DONE OR WHERE I'M AT. SOMETIMES I LIKE THAT BETTER. IF MY CLOTHES FEEL BETTER, THEN I'M HAPPIER.
I'VE BEEN EATING BALANCED MEALS. USUALLY COFFEE AND A PROTEIN BAR FOR BREAKFAST. SOMETIMES A SANDWICH AND FRUIT OR YOGURT FOR LUNCH. THEN PROTEIN AND VEGGIES FOR DINNER.

TONIGHT I CHEATED A LITTLE AND HAD SOME SUGAR FREE COOKIES AND PRETZELS. MUST BE THE PERIOD. BETTER THAN A SNICKERS AND ICECREAM!

EASTER IS THE TRUE TEST. I AM HAVING 20 PEOPLE FOR A BIG ITALIAN DINNER. HOPE I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH OK. I'LL DRINK TONS OF WATER AND WORKOUT LIKE AN ANIMAL IN THE MORNING.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 07:32

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Check in

Hi All...

Well my DH is here for Easter. Had a pretty LC dinner last night, which is good cause I had bread (fried egg sanwich and 1 toast ~ breakfast meeting) during the day yesterday. Only thing is I also had 2 slings with dinner...

This morning I will be having eggs with 1 piece of LC bread and 1 coffee.

No idea for lunch. I might make it my reward meal but I haven't decided yet. We're going to a greek restaurant with friends for dinner.

Tomorrow's at my parents and Sunday at his. BUSY BUSY BUSY

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OF YOU....
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 08:28

BF:
Default Pasta!

Well I think I've figured out my worst trigger food for sure. I'm sure it's pasta.

Last night we had spagetti and meatballs for dinner. I don't eat pasta anymore with my sauce, instead I use cooked cabbage. Except last night I decided to have just a little bit of pasta mixed in with the cooked cabbage. Maybe about 1/4 cup. In about 2 hours I was craving something crunchy awful bad and ended up eating Pringles!! Then some corn flakes cerel!! SHEESH!!

Otherwise, yesterday was a good day!

B: Leftover roast beef, cold

L: 2 hamburgers w/cheese

D: Spagetti/meatballs, over cabbage, 1/4 pasta
Salad
2 chocolate chip cookies

Then the dreaded chips and cerel!

Lisa
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 11:17

BF:
Default Check in

THE NEEDLE MOVED!!

I was down this morning to 129!!

Then I paid bills and was up to 131. I'd say stress causes weight gain. I don't need to be stressed anymore, but it's something I guess I'm holding onto. If you retain a nasty attitude, you retain nasty weight.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 12:22

BF:
Default Yay Spider!!

Are you nuts????? Don't weigh AGAIN after getting to a lower weight!!!! And stop paying the bills for heaven's sake!! Just bask in the glow of another pound gone!

Lisa
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 13:02

BF:
Default HA HA

I'm no longer married to a deadbeat! It's ok to pay the bills - really. The marriage has been over for 9 years but the odor lingers!

I don't normally weigh after the initial one - but....

Anyhow, I proved to myself that stress does cause weight gain or stall for me.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 15:13

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Talking Good Afternoon

I am just hanging in there......being a happy camper.

My weight is about the same. I did gain a couple pounds for my TOM. It was just a day later in showing up. Now I am back to where I was.

I posted this somewhere else and was told it was so good that I needed to post it again. So.......here it is......

http://www.ohiowebsites.com/onelb.html

It made me laugh!
Libby
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 20:23

BF:
Default Good Friday

This was a good friday for sure! I had a doctor's appointment to talk about weight control. I've got a new physician and he was very supportive of my CAD diet. He wants me to make sure I'm getting exercise and that my heart rate reaches the correct level, but other than that, he was great! I'm having blood work done tomorrow, so I'm anxious to see what those numbers look like.

My blood pressure was 130/70, which is a little high for me actually. I generally have very low BP. But I also don't recall being this heavy and having it taken either. So, I'd like to see that 130 come down a bit.

I'm going to start a walking plan this week and see what that does. There is a good one I found online if anyone is interested.

Today's meals:

B: Spinach/sausage/mushroom frittatas

L: None

D: Steak
Salad
Green Beans
Cauliflower "pancakes"
Blueberry pie
Coffee

More than 64 oz of water.

Lisa