Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-06, 07:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/147/138 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Argh! Will I screw it up?!

Hi guys - this is probably just a myth, but...

I did Atkins about a year and a half ago but went back to my bad habits since - I am now returning to Atkins. Just wondering... because I did it before, and successfully lost about 10lbs on induction, will my induction this time be harder (to shift weight etc)? Will it not be equally as successful, because of me having done it before (albeit a year and a half ago?!)

I'm just thinking in terms of my internal clockwork thinking, "Aha - u can't fool us this time" and recognising that I'm doing the Atkins. Ok, that sounds mad but I'm just wondering!

B xxx
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-06, 08:19

Plan: Protein Power/a la carte!
Stats: -/-/150 Female 66 inches
BF:Yes!
Progress: 49%

Hi Bohemia, welcome to the forum.
I've heard that people have a little more difficulty the second time around, but it will probably just be a little slow to get going. It will all be worth it in the end, though, so I'd say stick with it. And you might be one of the lucky ones who lose just as easily right from the start.
However, unlike other diets, LC is a way of eating that you need to commit to for the long haul - it doesn't work well as a 'diet' until you drop the pounds you want and then go back to what DIDN'T work for you before.
I've been on LC for more than 2 years now and love this WOE. I haven't lost all the weight I needed to, but I persist for the health benefits and miss nothing except real spuds - eveything else I can make subs for myself.
Good luck,
Babs
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-06, 04:11
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 241/229/161 Female 5ft 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

hi there, firstly welcome back to atkins, i am back on the wagon after 3yrs of straying and i have to say the weight came off at exactly the same speed the second time as it did the first. so no worries for me there. i lost approx 1 stone during my two weeks first time round and the same this time. i do hear of people having problems but not me thank god!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-06, 04:57

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Not sure for you, but I've "done" Atkins with great success about 5 times. Each time induction was a breeze, then it stops cold. This is the time you have to play with your numbers (what you add back, what you don't, possibly your calories, watching cheese and artificial sweeteners, and limited any processed meats). I have to keep cheese at or below induction levels and I can't use Splenda, only Stevia.

It's worth it though. What other plan allows you to virtually eat wonderfully filling foods, luxurious foods, and keeps your muscle mass while losing fat? Not to mention having this great board to come for support.

You know it works for you, so go for it!!!! And keep up up-to-date on your progress!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-05-06, 02:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 241/229/161 Female 5ft 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

i agree completely, when you leave induction is when things change from the first time round. i cant touch low carb bars like the atkins brand ones now, and i lived on them before. they shoot my weight right up... but its still worth it, even without the bars